What are your favourite Salads?

Vulcan

(edited)

Whether it's something you make yourself or one you buy off a restaurant,

What are your favourite salads?

Salads-Everyday-5-1-of-1.jpg

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 5

I like spicy southwest chicken salad. It has spicy seasoned chicken, iceberg lettuce, red onions, avocados, tomatoes, jalapenos, yellow bell peppers, black olives and grated Monterrey jack cheese. Sometimes I add some hard boiled egg and maybe a sprinkling of seasoned toasted onions. I don't put corn in it though, I dislike it immensely.  

• Brohoof 5

I love salads :wub:

They're such a great way to avoid eating fast food (especially if you're someone like me,who doesn't like to gain weight) .Although this homemade salad doesn't have a name,It contains the following Ingredients: Cucumbers,Lettuce,Carrots,Apples,Blueberries,strawberries,onions,cherry tomatoes,corn,shredded cheese (yellow),grilled chicken pieces,and last but not least Croutons! :yay:

I don't put that much salad dressing on it,but it does give it a lil kick ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I like Greek salads that have: tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, black olives, and crumbled feta cheese. One that I will usually concoct is: chicken, cherries, white grapes, almonds, Greek cheese crumbles, dried basil, and catalina dressing. I'll eat a wide variety of salads---toooooooooooooooooooooooo many, I'd say. :P

• Brohoof 3

I like custom mashups like : Red Kale, Green Kale, collards, broccoli leaf, fresh spinach, sprouts, tomatoes, parsley, mushrooms, hot peppers, pickled garlic cloves, red peppers, and various cheese slices.

• Brohoof 1

Nice and simple; spinach, butter or green leaf lettuce, cranberries, almonds/walnuts, and hunks of feta or goat cheese, all drizzled with a light and tasty raspberry vinagrette! 

I think I need to go make some tomorrow! :love:

• Brohoof 1

I am boring when it comes to salads. I don't particularly like anything in a salad with the exception of lettuce and ranch dressing. My parents love to add tomatoes, carrots, onions, etc. but I think that is awful!
:lol:

2 hours ago, PoisonClaw said:

My personal favorite salad is Caesar Salad, especially one with TONS of croutons, cause without croutons it's not a proper Caesar Salad!

I couldn't have said it better myself. With plenty of chicken and romaine lettuce, NEVER iceberg lettuce. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Fruit salads are the best salads, just because all the sweetness and that sweet juice that collects at the bottom. XD 

Some pineapple, grapes, apple, pear, with a tiny bit of lime juice thrown in is just amazing. :P They taste the best on the hottest of summer days.  

31 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Chicken Caesar salad is nice, I often have it in wraps. It's just chicken, lettuce and mayo and sometimes includes croutons or bacon, though I don't really like pork so I don't like it so much when it has bacon in it.

Smoked turkey rashers can make a good substitute for bacon in a lot of dishes, including this one :)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what it's called, but there's this fruit/savoury salad fusion thing I have when I go on holiday and...I never thought lettuce and lychees would go so amazingly well, let's just say that!:pinkie:

• 5 weeks later...

Salad is not food, Salad comes with the food. It is a promissory note that food will soon arrive. I see a salad and my brain goes: "Something goods going to happen soon, wait right here.".  

I'm not one for salad, so when I eat it, it is typically just bagged salad you can buy at the grocery store.