Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Cartoons you like better than MLP.

CastletonSnob

On 7/30/2017 at 10:41 PM, Singe said:

Loud House in the slice of life aspect by looking beyond the typical bathroom humor. The show seems to pick up on some elements of FIM. They have a Spike x Rarity setup with Clyde and Lori. Some episodes have moral based stories, some that FIM won't ever touch. There are elements they have like two men as parents. 

^ this! not only have they touched 2 men being parents they even touched another sensitive topic fim wouldn't ever touch 2 girls having romantic feelings for each other. (Luna/Sam)

anyway, kind of getting off topic. I can't say there are cartoons that I like more then the other one it just sorta depends on my mood you know? Some days I'd feel like watching episodes of FIM sometimes I'd feel like watching the Loud House, sometimes I'd feel a bit nostalgic and watch older cartoons they are all great in their own way.

At the current moment I can't think of any cartoon better then MLP..... I don't watch anything new because they are crappy now a days..... OH bob's burger!!! if i had to pick i would pick that.

From the very few cartoons I have seen this last few years:

Bojack Horseman

Futurama

Regular Show

I'm not a huge fan of cartoons overall, especially haven't found many that are better than MLP. I could say I like Spongebob just as much as MLP, that's it though.

Avatar the Last Airbender + Legend of Korra.

Let me qualify that though. MLP is the most personally important cartoon I've ever watched. It changed my life in a good way.

However, just as a show the two Avatar series supersede it in terms of what I crave in my entertainment. Action, fight scenes, magic, world building, characters, high stakes, mythic scope.

• Brohoof 2

I certainly like Steven Universe better at this point. The character development feels so much more natural, and I'm more impressed and interested with where that show is going.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Batman - The Animated Series, Ruby Spears Superman, Disneys Fillmore, Redwall...i think thats all that i can count right now. Oh yeah, if we are talking about what Cartoons i find better than Friendship is Magic, i would also count My Little Pony Tales, because of the better drawing Style and i thought the Show was quite unique for me, i never watched that sort of Teenage Drama with Furrys.

I am disappointed that no one brought up a show that I have enjoyed since I was a kid.

Animaniacs.

This was the top WB show during the 90s, focused on three Warner Siblings(Yakko, Wakko and Dot) and their antics, alongside other characters(Pinky and the Brain, Slappy Squirrel, The Goodfeathers, Buttons and Mindy, Rita and Runt, Chicken Boo and others)

And fun fact, I have met all three actors who played the Warner Siblings

Rob Paulsen(Yakko Warner, Dr Scratchnsniff, Pinky)

Jess Harnell(Wakko Warner, Walter Wolf)

Tress Macneille(Dot Warner, Hello Nurse, Maria Hippo, and other voices)

None unless you count Equestria Girls, I do love Futurama and American Dad and now Rick n Morty, Fairytail, I also love a lot... and Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha (none of these as much as MLP or EG though lol)

Edited by Aquaflame

Slayers series is pretty good. Lina Inverse is a standout unique take of a female protagonist.

Record of Lodoss is also another good series in its way dealing with fantasy war.

Digimon Japanese series one and three tend to be about evolution of the human partners overcoming their short comings.

Edited by Singe

• 2 months later...

I love MLP, but it probably is pretty low tier in terms of my all time favorite cartoons. I like MLP more then, say, Steven Universe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003-2012, The Loud House and Marvel's Spider-Man, but I don't like it as much as Arthur, Adventure Time, Justice League/Unlimited, Teen Titans or Peanuts by Schulz. 

Anime wise, I'm not really sure. I think I like it more then Soul Eater, Slayers, Digimon and certainty above Pokemon, Hetalia and Keroro Gunso. 

• 3 weeks later...

My interest in MLP:FIM has been wearing off (although I haven't officially left the fandom), so there's now plenty of other cartoons (both old and recent) I enjoy a lot more, including:

• Gravity Falls
  • The Amazing World of Gumball
  • Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies (especially many of the shorts directed by Chuck Jones and Bob Clampett)
  • several of the old classic Disney cartoons from the late 1920s up until around the early 1990s
  • Samurai Jack
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil
  • The Powerpuff Girls (original)
  • Adventure Time
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Rick and Morty

and so on.

• 9 months later...

I can't think of any cartoons that are newer and better than MLP. I think a lot of the older cartoons I watched as a kid are better. (MLP:FIM is awesome too!) Some examples:

• Batman the animated series
  • Superman the animated series
  • Justice League (and JLU)
  • Batman Beyond
  • The Batman
  • Kim Possible
  • Teen Titans (not Go!)