Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if Friendship is Magic ended....but

SaburoDaimando

The story continues with a new My Little Pony series, set after the series finale, and relocated to Netflix?

The reason why I brought this up: Transformers: Rescue Bots just ended its finale season on Discovery Family.  However, the Rescue Bots franchise has been confirmed to continue on Netflix with Rescue Bots: Academy.  

How would you feel if there was a new series for the cast of My Little Pony, maybe something like "Guardians of Harmony," that became a Netflix exclusive?

• Brohoof 1

The title changing wouldn't really affect my enjoyment of the show. If it had the same spirit and style as FIM, I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Whatever happens after FIM, I'll give the next installment of MLP a chance. I've enjoyed FIM so much that I wouldn't want to miss out on what could be another great show!

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Tacodidra said:

The title changing wouldn't really affect my enjoyment of the show. If it had the same spirit and style as FIM, I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Whatever happens after FIM, I'll give the next installment of MLP a chance. I've enjoyed FIM so much that I wouldn't want to miss out on what could be another great show!

Actually, it would be like that, with a more adventurous spirit found in shows like Star Wars: The Clone Wars

I probably wouldn't mind. The toyline needs fresh faces of a main cast, not just the copypasted mane6 + new gimicks slapped on.

I'm ready to see new stories about new characters and a new toyline, so I don't think I'd be butthurt (though I would miss Pinkie, Rarity, and Spike)

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I probably wouldn't mind. The toyline needs fresh faces of a main cast, not just the copypasted mane6 + new gimicks slapped on.

I'm ready to see new stories about new characters and a new toyline, so I don't think I'd be butthurt (though I would miss Pinkie, Rarity, and Spike)

Actually, the Mane 6 would reMane on board alongside Starlight, TRixie, Maud and others to serve as its own MAne 6.  Also, there would be more focus on adventures as well as other characters(Well, that's just with my idea)

49 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

Actually, the Mane 6 would reMane on board alongside Starlight, TRixie, Maud and others to serve as its own MAne 6.  Also, there would be more focus on adventures as well as other characters(Well, that's just with my idea)

after 7 years, though, the intro needs redoing, if they switched (ugh) starlight and her merry band of misfits for the mane cast.

g1 was heavy on adventures, so I wouldn't necessarily mind that

1 hour ago, Prospekt said:

There's already an Equestria Girls YouTube series planned for next year. Hasbro's webcast for investors brought it up. So no matter what, we're finally getting a full-on spinoff series available for streaming only.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/08/hasbro-investor-webcast-contains-tons.html?m=1

It seems that streaming is a smart decision considering the increasingly restrictive access to Discovery Family, and it's decreasing audience as result :huh:  

1 hour ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

As a matter of fact, I've been predicting that there would be a sequel spin-off of FiM for two years at least. I'm certain that one day, FiM will decline and face cancellation, but that first strike won't be the end of G4, so I'm pretty sure they'll rebrand it in a new TV series in the same world, but different protagonists. And fret not, unless it's an entirely new world (unlikely, as FiM has still loads of unexplored lore), we will still see the old cast from as secondary characters, as we've seen in the early Power Rangers. I think the new core cast will be as such: three new characters, one or two FiM secondary, and MAYBE, one of the Mane6, or the cuties (a time skip is still possible) 

1 hour ago, SaburoDaimando said:

Makes sense that part of the non-central cast belong to the new one, alongside new characters

• Brohoof 1

If (and when) they decide to end FiM, I'd like to see newer characters get the focus of any spin-offs. A series about Flurry Heart and her future and destiny seems the most likely, but I'd like to see other ideas as well. Maybe one that focuses on Celestias students at her school?

• Brohoof 1

I think a lot of you are missing the point? It's not just MLP ending, it is more about a network switch with a new title.

Yes, I don't like Discovery Family, a newer network or even Netflix would be good.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'd be of two minds about it.

On the one hand, if it wasn't being made to sell toys (or at least not as focused on toys) and was being written more for the sake of it being a good show, I'd be pretty happy because it'd have a lot more opportunity to explore subjects the show has not been able to explore due to its toy focus. (Such as, for example, lesbians. The show is about all the ways a girl can be a girl, after all, and being a lesbian is one of those ways.) With luck it might even be a bit more mature aimed, in the sense of having stronger world-building, serial episodes, more adventure, and just plain more adult-focused writing that enriches the world.

On the other hand, if it's just moving and otherwise isn't changing in any of those ways, I'd just shrug and carry on watching as if nothing was different. Because nothing really would be.

On 5-8-2017 at 5:22 AM, MegaSean45 said:

Not yet! I don't want the show to end until everything is done! Still some leftover story arcs and unanswered questions!

I agree. I would be mad when there are still questions needed to be answered. :)

• Brohoof 1

I think it needs a move to reach more of a fan base in truth and getting some new but based in the world we know would be kinda fun!   Having a spin off that focus on different ponies and their adventures would only expand the world more and give us something new and fun to watch!  They could also bring in cameos also of the mane six now and then so we get to see what they have been up to.  Also, the show can only go so long before it starts to fizzle out a bit like it seems to be in a slow down turn.

• Brohoof 1

So long as it were the same animation, voice actors and story line, I'd say I have no problem with it.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:24 AM, SaburoDaimando said:

Personally, I'd rather it go down the path of Star Wars: The CLone Wars

Well, what you are describing sounds almost like what they did with Justice League. They did JL: Unlimited and kept the same cast and amped the show and tempo up a notch with a wider assortment of stories. 

I'm kinda with @Nightmare Muffin. Wrap up FiM's loose ends in Season 8. Relaunch with a stronger adventure take in a new series with new characters. 

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I'm kinda with @Nightmare Muffin. Wrap up FiM's loose ends in Season 8. Relaunch with a stronger adventure take in a new series with new characters. 

Would you want them to keep the same "lesson based" format from FiM or would you do away with it and make it strictly adventure based?

23 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Would you want them to keep the same "lesson based" format from FiM or would you do away with it and make it strictly adventure based?

I would like them to at least have an implicit moral message in each episode, yes. I also want the tone to be similar. All ages family entertainment. They can take risks on the style and lore if they want. 

• Brohoof 2

The shift to Netflix could at least allow the showrunners to introduce a little more continuity, and if we're really lucky, it might lead to some character arcs being allowed to unfold over a couple episodes, giving them time to breathe. Otherwise, no opinion. 

• Brohoof 1