Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do ponies ever get killed?

Deltroz

On 5-9-2017 at 3:56 AM, PathfinderCS said:

Not sure if this counts, but going back to the comics, there was one Princess Amore who was turned to stone then shattered. Supposedly she's not dead, but we really didn't know that when it happened.

861992__semi-dash-grimdark_idw_king+somb

Have they already made a comic about Amores return? This was such a powerfull story. :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Have they already made a comic about Amores return? This was such a powerfull story. :ooh:

Nope, and honestly outside of that one bit from the "Guardians of Harmony" comic Princess Amore hasn't been touched on since, which is a shame. I would think Radiant Hope and Sombra's journey to find them would be quite fascinating.

• Brohoof 2

Yep... in season 2 during the Hearts and Hooves episode you see ponies gathered around at a funeral as they're singing "The Perfect Stallion". 

Interesting fact, in the previous episode you see a pony who looks like he is suffering from cancer... then you get an episode like this the next week.

Image result for mlp hearts and hooves funeral  

Pretty sure if you look around you can find more examples of deceased poines. 

11 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Nope, and honestly outside of that one bit from the "Guardians of Harmony" comic Princess Amore hasn't been touched on since, which is a shame. I would think Radiant Hope and Sombra's journey to find them would be quite fascinating.

I was actual hoping it would tie in with the show more, but they nearly made that impossible, so I am hoping on a reformed Sombra comic.

17 hours ago, Hierok said:

16 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I'd kind of like a future GOH comic where amore was knight templar insane after years of being shattered ala Sentinel prime in transformers wanting to purge undesirables from cybertron.

• Brohoof 1

All right fellows as much as I adore Amore and her role in the IDW Sombra story, let's keep this topic on track and save Amore for another. ;)

• Brohoof 2

When it comes to death in the MLP Universe a lot of it is implied, to spare the tears of the younger audience. I'm mainly referring to AJ's parents when I say this, but there must be other occurrences as well.

• 3 years later...
  • The title was changed to Do ponies ever get killed?

Yeah I'd assume ponies die off-screen. As for getting killed, there have been many attacks on Equestria, some of which due involve the unfortunate death of ponies. For example, there is a brutal scene in the comics where an entire city of pegasi has the love and emotion sucked out of them. Though not directly stated in the comic, it is implied that these ponies died because of this. So yeah, I'd say they sadly get killed too.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a pony, but there was that one monster in the Griffinstone episode who was confirmed to die when he fell into a chasm.

efadaa4f4d7024479527d6e4d0b0a6eb.thumb.jpg.f318590e07af71055d18a8c083de1bb9.jpg

I think that's the one and only case of a character who died a violent death in the show. I know Sombra got blown up, but it's been shown before that he's capable of regenerating, so I don't think we can conclusively say he's dead.

Edited by Sonic Shimmer
  • Brohoof 2

Pony-eating yetis are mentioned in Dungeons and Discord and Applejack's parents are implied to be dead. Death is real in the show, it's just that this is a kid's show. :coco:

18 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Not a pony, but there was that one monster in the Griffinstone episode who was confirmed to die when he fell into a chasm.

efadaa4f4d7024479527d6e4d0b0a6eb.thumb.jpg.f318590e07af71055d18a8c083de1bb9.jpg

I think that's the one and only case of a character who died a violent death in the show. I know Sombra got blown up, but it's been shown before that he's capable of regenerating, so I don't think we can conclusively say he's dead.

Yup, that was definitely interesting. :Tempest: As for Sombra, he's a shadow. There's unlimited possibilities for how you could bring him back...again.  :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

@Sonic Shimmer oh yeah, that thing died implicitly. Ponies die all the time, just implicitly. Basically same rule for dying as for going to the toilet. It only happens implicitly in order to make a point about something else, like an excuse to say "Little Filly's Room" in Pinkie's case.

Anyway, only parental figures can die in kiddie films, like Frozen, because kids can't bond with them. Nothing kids can bond with should die,. When my niece was 4 we were doing charades and her mom pretended to 'die' - very bad idea. It really doesn't work for kids :( 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...