Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where are your favorite places to escape the world?

Dashy 4 Ever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There's this certain area at my aunt's house (she lives in rural Illinois) where I like to sit down in the grass with my back up against this certain tree, staring out over the open fields, the only sound being the occasional breeze blowing through the grass or a bird chirping...and the fresh air....where I can escape the world and just be with my own thoughts, probably the most peaceful and relaxing place I can think of, besides the beach. I don't get to visit her place very often though. But just that serenity is one of the many things I miss about living in a rural area. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

A good story when I am immersed in it.

The internet.

Maybe some peaceful areas outside if there were any close enough. There's a tiny lake that's like 10 minutes away, but I'm too lazy to go that far. I've been told the water's bad so I can't swim in it. Though that doesn't seem to have stopped other people from what I saw.

• Brohoof 1

My escape is being in my bedroom. I can just chill on my computer and generally be free of stress. Well, until my computer gives me issues, but let's leave that part out. :p

• Brohoof 1

My escape is simply walking. All across the city/surrounding countryside. It's just nice. Music on, earphones in, and feet hitting the pavement/track. There's nothing quite like it for de-stressing:)

• 3 weeks later...

Besides my room, my cousin has this hidden path in the woods that goes about 2 miles. It leads to a high cliff that over views this beautiful valley, very relaxing and gets you away from society stress.

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

Simply sitting by myself and thinking, canceling everything around me, allows me to escape the world... in other words, my mind is my escape.

I can think about the past, think about the present, plan what I'll do in the future, play with my imagination and much much more.

• 1 month later...