Jeric
Message added by Jeric

Winners

Marble Pie

Queen Chrysalis

Results of our first Qualifier Round are in!

OnwRRKruQt_KBqnFd3_lIQ.png

Octavia and Zecora progress to represent Everfree in the World Cup with Gummy, Sonata Dusk, Royal Guard, and Igneous Rock Pie waiting for a Wild Card playoff series to fill the final spot. 

Group 2 poll will be up momentarily. Here is a rundown of the five of the ten characters vying for a role. 

Group 2 - Maretonia

Marble Pie

Marble_Pie_blushing_S5E20.thumb.png.cea5efa9bf262f1e81c60e69c57b0586.png

The 'shy' one of the Pie sisters, Marble grew up preferring to let her sister Pinkie speak for her. Once thought to be a possible love interest for Big Mac, Granny and Quartz had to sit down and explain that it probably isn't the best of ideas. Marble may appear to be an extreme version of Fluttershy, but as we know ... the Pie Family is more layered than initial appearances suggest. While she doesn't appear to have any rivals, it remains to be seen how she feels about Big Mac dating another mare. 

Queen Chrysalis 

5a519cdcaa802_Queen_Chrysalis_hissing_furiously_S6E26(1).thumb.png.52c00f75ab058017e7306b3163ea2c87.png

The former Changeling ruler has now been twice defeated by the Ponies and rejected by her how kind. After refusing to accept Starlight Glimmer's offer of friendship, Chrysalis vowed revenge on Twilight's pupil. Her ability to shape shift and drain love makes her a formidable for on a field of battle, though she routinely prefers deception to a direct approach. Her key rivals include Twilight, Starlight, Cadance, and Thorax. Should the Queen make the Maretonia team and face any of them ... watch out!

Kyrippos II    

Duke_of_Maretonia_speaking_S4E25.thumb.png.cfdf7911cab69e5ddb040416e971760f.png

While not much is know about the Duke, he has been seen as a diplomatic envoy to discuss urgent matters with Princess Celestia.  However rumors circulate that the earlier courting of Maretonia was motivated by Celestia's desire to get the Duchesses Equestrian famous chocolate avocado cake recipe. Their absence in recent years suggests that Celestia may have been successful, perhaps cementing this scandal as a constantly shared story. His only known rival is a mane brush. 

Flim

Uncertain_Applejack_and_Flim_3_S02E15.thumb.png.792678ef87138bddd790f25175d5c24a.png

Otherwise known as "the one without the mustache", Flim is one half of a brotherly hustler team that has found themselves on the losing end of the dealings with the Apple Family. Flim was last seen running a Las Pegasus entertainment enterprise with his brother shortly after forming a truce with Applejack and Fluttershy and patching up a misunderstanding with his brother Flam. His rivals would include the Apple Family, Gladmane, and occasionally his brother. Not to be trusted!

Roger Silverman

5a51a542190dd_Joan_Pommelway_and_Roger_Silvermane_ID_S4E8(1).png.e19368c072c92137b0ac5cf883d11481.png

A Manehattan business pony who may or may not have some form of advertising job. He is consistently seen with his friends in Manehattan, proving that he may be stalking Rarity. In fact I am sure of it. His motivations are as yet unknown, however it is quite possible that he is hoping to make Rarity a client for his advertising firm. That or propose marriage ... its hard to say. 

• Brohoof 4
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So just like we all expected, the top four vote-getters from group 1 are a zebra, background pony, toothless alligator and siren-turned-human. This is going to be a fun tournament xD

Edited by Frostlicious
  • Brohoof 3

Who the heck is Roger Silverman? Not sure but voted for him. My headcanon is that he's a mild mannered Long Island accountant who stumbled into Equestria through a portal in Belrose and now does taxes for Queen Celestia in return for autonomy.

Do the right thing; vote for Roger!

• Brohoof 4

I have to admit, I completely underestimated Marble Pie going into this round. 

As I implied earlier, there are some interesting possible matchups that could happen later on in this thing. A team with Marble vs a team with Sugarbelle. Marble vs her sisters. Definately intriguing. 

Chrysalis pulls up into position to secure a spot as well beating up possible early favorite Celaeno, and that Mare Do Well oddity from last night. 

And the poor Duke looks to be headed for the Hall of Shame with Rarity's Dad. :P

• Brohoof 1
10 hours ago, Jeric said:

Once thought to be a possible love interest for Big Mac, Granny and Quartz had to sit down and explain that it probably isn't the best of ideas.

Don't listen to them Marble, he's all yours. :D The MarbleMac will last forever!

1145583__safe_artist-colon-mrgdog_big+macintosh_marble+pie_blushing_earth+pony_eyes+closed_floppy+ears_fluffy_frown_male_marblemac_nuzzling_pony_shippi.jpg

And also, don't give in to that wicked shapeshifter queen. You've got this, you and the captain.

• Brohoof 4

Continuing the competition analysis

Mare Do Well

The_Mysterious_Mare_Do_Well_S02E08.thumb.png.e673583f1b4a05f46fbe644faf02bfd7.png

Originally conceived up as a secret identity to help teach Rainbow Dash a lesson in humility, the guise of Mare Do Well was secretly the combined talents of Pinkie, Twilight, AJ, and Fluttershy as the four donned the cape and mask in alternating appearances. Though Rarity did not suit up, the costumes design was her creation. Mare Do Well has no known rival. With the Mane Six busy trying to wrap their heads around the situation they find themselves in, the appearance on Mare Do Well is on of the more intriguing mysteries of the World Cup. Is she a manifestation of the alias created by the the five heroes, a nightmare or dream realized, or could there me some other mysterious mare under that mask? 

• Brohoof 7

Garble

88f435b98da861d64414f704014068a6.thumb.png.55c4cc9aa03ce9ed5b55f6ae3b844424.png

Everyone's favorite dragon to hate, this guy had consistently been a thorn in Spike's side and considers Ponykind to be generally unappealing. Garble is no stranger to competition, coming scarily close to becoming the Dragon Lord. Aggressive and competitive, Garble takes pleasure in showcasing power over others he seems weaker, a trait that is only kept in check by Dragon Lord Ember, whose laws he has been shown to obey, even if he has to be reminded of his place from time to time. 

• Brohoof 2
16 hours ago, Jeric said:

Mare Do Well is beating Chrysalis? Wat?

Marble Pie is starting strong! The fandom loves the adorable quiet type Ponies. :blush:

Judging from what I've seen of the votes, you can tell who is going to end up succeeding. I know it could change at any moment but this is what I'm seeing anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Flash Magnus

Flash_Magnus_getting_enraged_S7E16.thumb.png.f5fb862c01a10f2a38ab221f6394609a.png

One of the six Pillars of Old Equestria, Flash Magnus is the embodiment of the Element of Bravery -- the magical progenitor of the modern Element of Loyalty. Fiercely determined and never hesitant to accept a challenge, especially if the stakes are high and success is questionable, Flash's heroics have become oft told legends to many a filly and colt who aspire to greatness. He is usually seen in combat wearing one iron shoe (too cool for two!) and brandishing his mystical shield Netitus. His known rival included dragons, the Pony of Shadows, and the Sirens.

Captain Celaeno 

Captain_Celaeno_ID_MLPTM.thumb.png.c1e1e6c5eae8e22b528ad9c4d6df8e9c.png

The erstwhile leader of a delivery crew for the Storm King's Empire, Celaeno was inspired to return to her life of Pirate adventure thanks some timely musical motivation from Rainbow Dash. Similar to Dash, the Pirate Captain is highly loyal to her crew and considers those under her charge her family. Instrumental in the Second Battle of Canterlot and the subsequent defeat of Storm King, Celaeno happily returned to her former life of treasure procurement and accountancy about a newly christened airship known as Fortune's Glory* -- a gift from the thankful Princess Celestia. Celaeno now find herself in a competition with no sign of her crew, and is not a happy birdy! Also don't call her a birdy, she is well practiced with a cutlass. 

*Not cannon but it sounds cool!

• Brohoof 5
17 hours ago, Jeric said:

Octavia and Zecora progress to represent Everfree in the World Cup with Gummy, Sonata Dusk, Royal Guard, and Igneous Rock Pie waiting for a Wild Card playoff series to fill the final spot. 

Nice to have the option to vote three, even though only two will win. Gives some room for helping our third choice make it, while still voting for our favorite one, even if our first choice is not very popular.

By the way, is there a way we can prevent people from voting more than three?

• Brohoof 2

If you want the only inside scoop, I worked with Celaeno in the late 90s. She's firm but fair, except when she cheats at cards which is all the time. She also owes me a new ship after crashing my last one after running into a bunch of stowaways.

• Brohoof 6
53 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Garble

88f435b98da861d64414f704014068a6.thumb.png.55c4cc9aa03ce9ed5b55f6ae3b844424.png

Everyone's favorite dragon to hate, this guy had consistently been a thorn in Spike's side and considers Ponykind to be generally unappealing. Garble is no stranger to competition, coming scarily close to becoming the Dragon Lord. Aggressive and competitive, Garble takes pleasure in showcasing power over others he seems weaker, a trait that is only kept in check by Dragon Lord Ember, whose laws he has been shown to obey, even if he has to be reminded of his place from time to time. 

Sorry, Garble. As much as I like your VA, I can't let you win this round. Too many good characters in this group.

• Brohoof 2
49 minutes ago, ChB said:

By the way, is there a way we can prevent people from voting more than three?

No, the poll options don't drill down beyond multiple choice. It's funny because statistically, with a multiple choice selection, the option with the greater number of votes is usually different than if a single choice had to be made. 

• Brohoof 2
41 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

If you want the only inside scoop, I worked with Celaeno in the late 90s. She's firm but fair, except when she cheats at cards which is all the time. She also owes me a new ship after crashing my last one after running into a bunch of stowaways.

o.o

One day... I would very much like a full biography of these expeditions.

--

*Sees Celaeno is catching Chrysalis*

full.gif

• Brohoof 5