Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should the Mane Six have boyfriends?

CastletonSnob

I don't think that this is a necessary addition to the show but I wouldn't mind seeing at least one of them with a boyfriend.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think the Mane Six having boyfriends is a good idea. While I can understand it being a natural progression when it comes to character development, it would be seen as a detriment given how relatable fans are with the Mane Six. That's why secondary characters work better in this regard as they are a litmus test that can determine if having your central cast experience the same thing will work or not.

3 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Do you think the Mane Six should have special someponies? It could open up more opportunities for development. Or should they stay single?

no, the mane are not intetested in having couple. the romance only focuses on the other characters not with the main. the one who is interested in romance is rarity.

41 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I don't think the Mane Six having boyfriends is a good idea. While I can understand it being a natural progression when it comes to character development, it would be seen as a detriment given how relatable fans are with the Mane Six. That's why secondary characters work better in this regard as they are a litmus test that can determine if having your central cast experience the same thing will work or not.

the secondary characters are not as couples, don't work as a relationship. Pretending them is not.

Edited by Van123

10 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, if one of them where to have a boyfriend, I’d think it could work as an occasional puppy love like Stan and Wendy from South Park :fluttershy:. More Flashlight please :catface:

Flashlight does not count. that could not work, the fans would break their hearts if they lose her. That couple is more hateful. 

12 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

Nonononononono!

Please Hasbro, make them stay single. It would ruin my entire life to see Twilight with Flash.

We all like that they stay single as twilight, she's my character favorite. don't like that hateful flash character with her.  Hasbro does friendship things in the show between the characters, not things that a person wants. 

Edited by Van123

I mean, if they think they can pull it off then sure. That said the show doesn’t exactly have a good track record with romance at least in regards to the main 6

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

On one hand, the general lack of romance is something I find really refreshing about My Little Pony. Even Equestria Girls, where one of the protagonists actually does have a boyfriend, tends not to focus on that aspect much. 

On the other hand, the show has gone on long enough that it's arguably earned a minor romantic subplot. I think that could show us a different side of the characters. Admittedly, Equestria Girls doesn't set a good example, but I've found the romance stuff already in Friendship is Magic surprisingly charming lately. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

Jesus, looking at the franchise’s track record with Flash Sentry and Timber Spruce, solely for Twilight (they couldn’t resist because she’s the central main character, right?), who are honestly even below Blueblood and Trenderhoof as potential romantic interests in terms of having a personality, this show should not try to pair the main characters with male characters anymore, beyond simple crushes.

One of the most novel parts of this show is that romance for the main characters outside EQG is purely speculative and left to the fans’ imagination.

The show is much better at romantic subtext such as:

Lyra/Bon Bon

Vapor Trail/Sky Stinger

Starlight Glimmer/Trixie

Try pairing the Mane 6 in any combination, that’s better romantic chemistry than any boyfriends they could ever introduce.

I'm thinking that romantic desires for the Mane 6 linger in the very very back of their minds, but for right now, promoting friendship is far more important on each of the Mane 6's agendas. They should focus on that and worry about any possible special somepony once their destinies are fulfilled. 

Like others have said here though. It should be saved for fimfiction, because I don't the Mane 6 are going to pursue those very hidden romantic desires until after FIM has been completed.

1 hour ago, AveryGamerDude said:

What the hell are you talking about? They already have boyfriends. Millions and millions of them! :laugh:

no, they do not have boyfriends.

1 hour ago, BrawnyCharger said:

I'm thinking that romantic desires for the Mane 6 linger in the very very back of their minds, but for right now, promoting friendship is far more important on each of the Mane 6's agendas. They should focus on that and worry about any possible special somepony once their destinies are fulfilled. 

Like others have said here though. It should be saved for fimfiction, because I don't the Mane 6 are going to pursue those very hidden romantic desires until after FIM has been completed.

the show is about friendship, the romance focuses with the other characters, not with mane 6. this is a friendship story

Edited by Van123