Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Trailer for Season 9

MangoFoalix

This is currently unlisted on Hasbro's channel but this is the official trailer for the last season for the show.

• Brohoof 12

I can't believe it's ending... :(

This show has meant so much to me over the last 8 years. I just don't want to accept the fact that it's finally coming to an end. I've not watched MLP in awhile but this season I am 100% going to watch. I feel like it's the least I can do to show my appreciation to the show that has played a big part in my life 

• Brohoof 2

All right:

1. Royal sisters look to be retiring; ushering in Twilight as the new monarch
2. The Student 6 still have a key role
3. Sombra with his brain-washed soldiers

• Brohoof 4

I don't need any help in feeling sad that this series is ending so this just makes me wish I could stop caring so much about the show and dreading, not looking forward to, season 9.

This looks to be an amazing send off. The first trailer was pretty typical and I’m not a fan of the repeated GoT gimmick, but this is how to do a proper trailer for this show. Can’t wait for the emotional rollercoaster to begin. 

• Brohoof 11

12 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This looks to be an amazing send off. The first trailer was pretty typical and I’m not a fan of the repeated GoT gimmick, but this is how to do a proper trailer for this show. Can’t wait for the emotional rollercoaster to begin. 

On a side note, I think we should update the Season 9 discussion thread, now that we have an official air date and episode title.

(edited)

Discord said it best: "You're here together. Nothing can ever take that away from you." It's especially heartwarming to hear that coming a former baddie. 

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 8

The way i see it, either this retirement thing is a troll or we get mane 6 alicorns. Either way, the fandom's gonna be hellishly pissed. :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 3

Later today, I'll be posting a Fan Video I did that combines clips from this trailer alongside clips from previous episodes involving previous villains(Reason why I'm not doing it now is out of respect for Hasbro(.  But wow.  Looks like Hasbro is going all out with the final season.  Heck, Lifelight from Smash Bros Ultimate would be a perfect theme for this.

• Brohoof 2

But... Twilight isn't a magical immortal alicorn like the sisters. Either they're temporarily retiring until Twilight eventually passes away, find someone else to rule after Twilight, or Twilight becomes immortal, in which case a whole lot of grimdark fan fictions about her outliving her friends is about to become objectively canon.

I have questions.

Anyway, that's an incredible trailer. The tone and mood was astounding, not something seen from this show before. It'll be an amazing send off I'm sure.

I'm not sure about handing over the Equestria kingdom to a bunch of 6 ponies who is one, is the teachers over a the friendship school, two, have their own personal jobs and three, already have her own freaking kingdom at ponyville.. A bit overboard much? Having them retired is a poor lazy way to try to create a plot of the six dealing with how to handle the kingdom.

I can see it now...

tenor.gif?itemid=11687404

• Brohoof 3

Oh God... by the looks of it, with the Mane Six now the new rulers of Equestria, this could lead to the staff lying to us all along that the show "still centers on the characters from the long-running Hasbro toy line," when it's actually gonna be the Student Six getting the whole season for themselves!

If this truly happens, I'm really not gonna like it even one bit.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

1. Royal sisters look to be retiring; ushering in Twilight as the new monarch

I wonder if this is how Lauren Faust originally wanted Friendship is Magic to end. :ooh:/:blush:

• Brohoof 2

Looks like they spoiled a whole season in a single trailer.

Possibility of King Sombra redemption.

Tree is going to be fine.

Celestia and Luna nuking Crystal Empire.

Twilight is a verb

So this is how the end begins, hm? :mlp_rarity: Though I may be... a bit behind on the series (to be tactful), I still managed to be rather touched by this trailer. The bittersweet rendition of the Friendship is Magic theme is an especially beautiful touch. I am glad that I have decided to finally catch up on the series, as this is shaping up to be a beautiful final season.

"♪~ Do you know you're all my very best friends? ~♪"

• Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Oh God... by the looks of it, with the Mane Six now the new rulers of Equestria, this could lead to the staff lying to us all along that the show "still centers on the characters from the long-running Hasbro toy line," when it's actually gonna be the Student Six getting the whole season for themselves!

If this truly happens, I'm really not gonna like it even one bit.

The show can't still center on the Mane 6? Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see why it couldn't.

• Brohoof 2