Jeric

events Closing the Book - Our Thank You to Pony (Uploaded)

Remember, I am not staff or involved into it other than having sent a video.

I only made a calculation based of this topic:

@Jerica

How much more time have we got, my friend?

3 minutes ago, Bas said:

Remember, I am not staff or involved into it other than having sent a video.

I only made a calculation based of this topic:

Ah, thank you for answering me, bro.

9 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

@Jerica

How much more time have we got, my friend?

Ah, thank you for answering me, bro.

It's all over once it's officially October, perhaps Jeric can clarify timezone distinctions.

Badges

LOL!! Well I submitted my letter, but the formatting seems to have jacked up the capitalization of my screen name. If you can, please make it so it’s ShadOBabe and not Shadobabe.

Capitalization is important to me! XD

Anyway, I’m glad I got it posted. I’m said I didn’t have a mic to read it myself, but I’m happy I got my thoughts out there!

A brony IRL friend is going to record well...hopefully today or tomorrow. We are intending to send it in by my acc. Aside from him not having an account, he can't upload it with his own internet anyways.

I can't figure out how to submit a letter to the thank you project. Any help? I don't see a button to post anything.

Also, if anyone would be willing to read it for me, I'd appreciate it. It's a tad long, but not too bad (about 1.4k words). I'd read it myself if I weren't paralyzingly camera shy.

I probably shouldn't have left this for so long. It's what I get for procrastinating.

1 hour ago, Booker said:

I can't figure out how to submit a letter to the thank you project. Any help? I don't see a button to post anything.

Click here, and then click on "Letters to a Pony" to submit the text.

Well, I've submitted my letter to this glorious project.

3 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

LOL!! Well I submitted my letter, but the formatting seems to have jacked up the capitalization of my screen name. If you can, please make it so it’s ShadOBabe and not Shadobabe.

Capitalization is important to me! XD

Anyway, I’m glad I got it posted. I’m said I didn’t have a mic to read it myself, but I’m happy I got my thoughts out there!

Same here, Shady.

Can you make my TheRockARooster instead Therockarooster please?

It's also important to me too. ^^

Am I allowed to read it myself?

Just now, TheRockARooster said:

Am I allowed to read it myself?

I think you're encouraged.

1 minute ago, TheRockARooster said:

Can I use Vocaroo? 

I think pretty much anything that lets you export to a commonly used audio format {and I think Vocaroo lets you export to MP3} will do.

But I'm also not actually part of this project {other than just contributing}, maybe we should haul an expert in here.

Hey, @Jerica, you wanna check and see if I'm talking out of my dock here?

Minor request: I tried to enter my name in TRAIN-CASE, but it didn't work, so just in case it can't be displayed in TRAIN-CASE, I'd like to request my name to be displayed in snake_case instead. (So gd_inuk in case GD-INUK doesn't work.)

Alright, I've just gotta say this... after hundreds of hours in Fallout '76 and listening to holotape recordings of survivors, doing this audio journal thing is really sort of freaky. Doesn't help that there's a kinda/sorta "party like it's 1999" end of the world feeling involved.

7 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Click here, and then click on "Letters to a Pony" to submit the text.

I've gotten that far, but I can't find the button to submit something.

Spoiler

953375542_Annotation2019-09-30065814.thumb.png.6b73a99a613911750bac734db8516521.png

Also, if I've got audio for my letter, should I put that in the media section instead even though it doesn't answer any of the prompts?

Edited by Booker

4 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Alright, I've just gotta say this... after hundreds of hours in Fallout '76 and listening to holotape recordings of survivors, doing this audio journal thing is really sort of freaky. Doesn't help that there's a kinda/sorta "party like it's 1999" end of the world feeling involved.

Hey, take the freakiness and run with it!

@Booker Ough. There was an issue before the button not appearing for mobile users. I think it was solved back then but might have re-appeared after a board update or changing other settings. I'll see if I can let the support know. If you got a PC machine you should be able to send it from there.

It might help to refresh the whole cache at mobile though if it was fixed meanwhile.

image.png.012c354706dca03a25f06a3c5f5270fe.png

Checked on mobile, it is there for me anyways.

Try to refresh the page by pressing CTRL + F5 if you are on a pc machine or try out another browser.

Also, you can try if this link works for you. it is the URL when clicking at the submit button (for a letter):
https://mlpforums.com/event-team/thank-you-project/letters-to-a-pony/?do=form&d=27

For the media:

https://mlpforums.com/event-team/thank-you-project/records/?do=form&d=27

Else...I wonder if users with additional groups (like Bronycon 13 attendees) might have gotten such issues.

The button doesn't show up on mobile or pc, and I've even tried different browsers. The other links you sent don't work either, but thanks for trying.

@Jerica, should I just pm you my submission instead? The submit button doesn't show up for me. 

Media submissions:
Both me and a IRL friend went with a video of basically us speaking respectively, no picture of an OC provided.

Also, the videos have been uploaded from my PC instead of linking to youtube.

Is both fine for the project?

Edit: Ah damn, for my own submission I have put video and the like into the OC box instead of the audio box. I hope this is fine and not causing any issues.

Edited by Bas

Okay, I'm finally off of work for the first time this week, so now I'm going to attempt to get something in by tonight before October time and I'm on the US Eastern timezone.

Edit: Eh....nevermind, if I don't get in, I don't get in.  It's my fault for waiting this long, and I just can't seem to figure out what to say in such short notice.  I'll find my own way to leave my mark some other time.

Edited by KH7672
It didn't work out

I had 'planned' on doing something more itemized but dagnabbit, this yanked the feels out of me and it turned into an emotional thought-stream. I still covered many of the questions in the prompt without even focusing on them, but it's surely an editor's nightmare. Well, I hope you find something usable in it even if you have to do some serious splicing.

Btw following up with everyone else having issues with the username getting capital letters being changed. It's "Snowday (BornAgainBrony)."

... I can't believe I actually put that out there.