Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Is there someone in your family you love/hate?

Bastian

As the title says, I'm interested to know if you love/loved or hate/hated someone in your family and why?

For me I would have to say that I hate my grandmother. She is crazy(Literally) and I know it isn't her fault but it still annoys me, A LOT. I hate hearing her voice now.

(We all have a dark side I guess).

(I hope this haven't been posted yet)

Edited by Bastian
  • Brohoof 4

Hate is a strong word. I would say I despise my father. He never really liked me. He never gave me a chance. I am just going to leave that at that.

I love pretty much the rest of my family. Very friendly and understanding!

• Brohoof 5

Dude, I think there is too much extremes in this question...I would say I have normal relationship with my family mostly. Now I have some members that get me mad, but it's because they don't see the potential they have.

Everyone has someone in their family that's hard to deal with for one reason or another. But hate seems too harsh a word for it. I can disagree with someone or even be annoyed, but I don'y hate anyone in my family. The family is all about getting past that stuff. 

• Brohoof 2

At that age, I think it's normal to feel hate against a person, depending on the circumstances. When you don't now it better, you can tend to the extremes. I felt that too, when I was younger. But it got replaced with “not caring” when I grew older. That's the best advice I can give, because the one you hurt the most with negative feelings, that would be yourself.

And to answer the question: I love my mother and don't care about the rest. :') I love all nice people, so it doesn't matter if it is a family member or not. It's just pure luck if one get born in a nice and friendly family or not. There is no reason to force it to make it work. People are all different anyway, so it's also understandable, if one would rather consider his friends his true family or something. :)

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I have a degree of apathy for my extended family, but the closer members I like for the most part, though I don't really like my dad all that much (I don't necessarily hate him, but I definitely don't like him). :dry: With a lot of the others, most of them I like sometimes and don't sometimes. I don't necessarily love anyone in my family either though, as that's an equally strong word as hate in my view (and an overused one) and I really don't feel that strongly towards anyone in my family in particular. Most of the closer members of my family, though, I do like.

As for my BF's family, yes I do kind of hate his dad. :unamused: Not only is he mean to his family and completely rude, he treats his own parents like $#!+. He does as much as he can to seperate himself and everyone else in his nuclear family from their extended family...

Edited by Dustleeshus

I have a very loving family. Out of the members I know well enough, only one is irredeemable to me.

Disrespect me, fine. Insult my friends, okay. But hurt your children, and we have a problem. 

• Brohoof 1

My mom's family has problems. On top of their personal issues they seldom have any contact with us or remember when our birthdays are. Grandma likes me but treats my mom and my brother like after thoughts. So I've washed my hands of her and we haven't spoken in years. You don't get to treat the people who mean the most to me in my life like that and expect any respect out of me. We've all grown closer to my dads side of the family because of it. His mom treats mine like a daughter. She's probably gonna move up here in the next few years and we'd love to have her here. It'd be nice having real family up here for a change.                                    

• Brohoof 1

I try to live without internalising hatred for others for my own sake. There are members that I feel a lot less positively about than others, but I try to focus on the parts of the family that deserve love the most. :)

My mother and I have an extremely rough relationship. She was fairly nonexistent most of my life and when she was apart of it back then she did more harm than good.

Nowadays I tell people that we tolerate each other’s existence. We don’t talk or interact much.

I like my cats, sure cats or dogs or other pets can be part of the family, right?

As for dislike, my half sister in law really annoys me, she think she knows everything and say negetive things about my hometown. My parents and my brother annoys me alot, my parents argumemt most of the times and my brother do make me mad, when we talk things of politics. But don't hate/dislike my parents & brother but do sometimes can't stand them.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I love my family.  My sister, mom, and dad.  We are all like friends. I couldn't ask for better. 

As for hate?  Nah that's a strong word.  I have a cousin who hates me though, and I don't care much for her in return, but I don't hate her. 

• Brohoof 1

I used to hate my uncle because I was young, anxiously shy and dumb while he is straight forward and a bit rude to everyone. He would point my dumb actions without hesitation so I was really afraid of him and hated him. But I grew up and understood that he was rude but honest

• Brohoof 1

I hate my uncle honestly, because he really doesn't like me for some reason. If l want to say something to him in a good mood, he started to say "Leave me alone, or l will beat you", and l didn't do anything to him actually, l just wanted to say hello to him. 

Edited by Midnight Danny

Hate is a very strong word...

BUT if I had to use it, I would say that I had a love/hate relationship with my Grandmother. She just never understood me. I did love her, I did, we just could never see eye to eye, y'know? She seemed to favor my cousin over me. There were moments where we did seem to connect, but that was pretty rare. One time, I was trying to tell her about something and she told me to be quiet because she was trying to hear what my Uncle and cousin (who were in a completely separate conversation) were talking about. She's also made me cry a few times, which my Mother didn't like.

I feel like my Mimi doesn't understand why what she had said was hurtful, and just set in her ways, y'know? She did love me, she just didn't understand me. 

Edited by SpookyEmerald