general media What character(s) do you love but everyone else hate?

TBD

Just as what the title said.

Do you have any (underrated) character that you like that no one else does or rarely does?

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

Kind of applies? I'm not entirely sure where everyone fell on this, but I liked Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones from the get go, but I came to that show after season 5, and was introduced to it via random clips from youtube, so I didn't see his first major action of pushing a 10 year old of a window till after I saw his charm and leadership. On the plus side, when I actually decided to started watching the full episodes in order, it made that scene all the more shocking.

I think people disliked him from the start, then it became a love hate relationship, and he gradually grew on them, but that people were split during the last season.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

image.png.c1b0494e0f4f604e3baa8255bafb6d06.png

Hot Rod/Rodimus, though more people recently have been taking more of a liking to him thanks to his amazing portrayal in the MTMTE/Lost Light comics

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

I find Endeavor from My Hero Academia a really interesting character. Oh, he is a complete douchebag, I agree with that, but his douchebaggery is kind of what fascinates me. He's also pretty cool as a hero

Spoilers(?) below

Spoiler

I also like how Endeavor tried making a genuine effort in making amends with his family, and even more that not everyone is going to forget the years of suffering that he put them through. In a way, I feel sorry for him, but he's also made the right choice in having all of his children live elsewhere while he stays alone in his old home

Jaime Lannister from GOT,  he had a sense of duty/honor which also had a huge complex given well, sister banging......

• Brohoof 1

HAPd9iV.png.6735adea9023e498213c6ac62728b196.png

Ziggy from Xenosaga. A cool character with immense depth and humanity.

“Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing you have received--only what you have given.”

Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail

She honestly has had to much potential in her from the beginning.

And it honestly INFURIATES me whenever she was so close to winning a fight by herself, but suddenly she's in trouble and needs saving or domeone has to come help her out.

She's a powerful, strong wizard who I love. She's been through so much shit and it took until episode 249 for her to finally have her moment, even though she was the EFFING MAIN CHARACTER!

Even then, nobody was able to see her save them because they were all frozen! It's so INFURIATING.

She's such an impressive character. Thank god for 100 Year Quest, because they've been letting her take on battles without ending up as the "damsel in distress" character as much as she used to.

She has so much potential and everyone else keeps ignoring it.

7o9q4uqasbv11.thumb.jpg.e90279804ac2e36a52aad46be6a1efaf.jpg

• Brohoof 1

signature.jpg.913c165e4b3ea068a54230ece43f188d.jpg

Big thanks to @The Wife of Hawks, @Trix or Treatand @Splasheefor these images!

(edited)

Captain Archer from Enterprise. I really think most of the hate for him is because of the later two seasons where he did turn generic. But during the first two seasons, counting only that as the show? Archer frankly is the best character in the show, definitely a ways over Trip which a lot of the Star Trek fanbase seems to kind of like for some reason I can't understand. :huh: Honestly in that case, he's probably only second to Picard captain-wise...

Edited by Angel_Dust

(edited)

Revali from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Oh he’s definitely got other fans, but we’re in the minority.

Is he arrogant? Rude to Link? Oh, heck yeah! But that’s actually part of why I like him. Nearly everyone else in that game practically licks Link’s boots, but Revali’s all like, “Pfft, you ain’t nothin’...”

Besides there’s a layer of depth to him if you’ve played the DLC. And also, all the other champions come from places of power or privilege. Revali is just a dude that worked his tail feathers off to be the biggest bad@$$ of his people.

I love him so much! :wub:

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

Signature_Forums.png.dd2a654d7faa42c09ea06c44865a3c2a.png

Check out my artwork any time: http://shadobabe.deviantart.com/
"OMG; You are such a troll. XD" - PathfinderCS

3 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Jodie Whittaker's Doctor, on Doctor Who. She's getting a whole lot of hate, and I don't think she deserves it. I LOVE her as The Doctor!

doctorjodie-1024x573.png

How can people hate her? Even if they don't like the writing, she plays the role exceptionally well!

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

After watching The Office (US version), I have come to realise a lot of people didn't like Erin. I thought she was endearing, gullible, sweet and kind. Most people found her annoying though.

Resultado de imagem para erin hannon quote

img-29959-1-img-29959-1-img-29959-1-img-

I love, LOVE, LOVE Jar Jar Binks! He brings a refreshing dose of innocence to the Star Wars Prequel trilogy when the galaxy is falling apart all around him. He’s a sweet, funny, clumsy Gungan and I’d like to feed him a nice tasty frog. :BrightMacContent: 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Spike from MLP. He's actually one of my favorites, and I don't get why he gets so much hate other than some of his episodes. 

If I'd go away from MLP I'd have to go with (oh boy), the botched Catwoman character from the Catwoman movie. :lie: What can I say, it cracks me up that she's just a crazy lady who acts like a cat, I'm sorry. She freaking rubs cat nip on the face at some point, it's hilarious to me. I love her. :P

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Revali from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Oh he’s definitely got other fans, but we’re in the minority.

Is he arrogant? Rude to Link? Oh, heck yeah! But that’s actually part of why I like him. Nearly everyone else in that game practically licks Link’s boots, but Revali’s all like, “Pfft, you ain’t nothin’...”

Besides there’s a layer of depth to him if you’ve played the DLC. And also, all the other champions places of power or privilege. Revali is just a dude that worked his tail feathers off to be the biggest bad@$$ of his people.

Score one for Zelda Bird Man. He's also my favorite of the Champions

tenor.gif?itemid=11834782

In fact he reminds me of another arrogant Nintendo birdman

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8c4448962a5b48d3ac39ea0176228762.png

Hawkeye from the Avengers. I can't say I love this character, but I definitely like him more than most of the other Avengers.

Clara Oswald from Doctor Who. So many people hate her, but she is probably one of two my favorite Doctor's companions.

2 hours ago, Oleks said:

Hawkeye from the Avengers. I can't say I love this character, but I definitely like him more than most of the other Avengers.

Clara Oswald from Doctor Who. So many people hate her, but she is probably one of two my favorite Doctor's companions.

I really liked Clara. I thought it wonderful that she became Peter Capaldi's Doctor's voice of reason and compassion.

• Brohoof 1

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!

23 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Besides there’s a layer of depth to him if you’ve played the DLC. And also, all the other champions come from places of power or privilege. Revali is just a dude that worked his tail feathers off to be the biggest bad@$$ of his people.

Exactly. I like Jerks with a Heart of Gold like Revali.

19 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I love, LOVE, LOVE Jar Jar Binks! He brings a refreshing dose of innocence to the Star Wars Prequel trilogy when the galaxy is falling apart all around him. He’s a sweet, funny, clumsy Gungan and I’d like to feed him a nice tasty frog. :BrightMacContent: 

Hmm... I agree he gets way too much hate when he's still a nice guy trying to help his friends. No different than Rey.

Anyway, you might be interested in this video

• Brohoof 1

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

Also Big the Cat from the Sonic games

583px-Big_SA.png.64c11e4a9b4c9ffd16cad2d337ebc373.png

I can understand not liking his fishing style of gameplay, but people insulting the character himself like calling him a retard is extremely disrespectful. He's not stupid, he's simple-minded. All he wants is just to be reunited with his froggy buddy and return to his peaceful lifestyle in the jungle. And his presistence to getting him back, no mater what dangerous environments it puts him through is very admirable.

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

As a big defender of the 2016 Assassin's Creed film, I really enjoyed the 2 characters Michael Fassbender played in Callum Lynch and Aguilar de Nerha. I'll admit that I didn't love Lynch on first viewing, but I grew to really appreciate his arc in the film with him accepting his destiny to join the Creed. And Aguilar is a badass and the chemistry between him and Maria was wonderful. Such a shame we won't be getting a sequel with these characters.

68f1d67256e893bdbe201ea1a99c905e.jpg

On 3/5/2020 at 5:48 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

IHe was funny comic relief in a kids movie.

But you may never look at him the same way again: 

I would never thought to see Jar jar here, because I too don't have a slightest problem with him as well. Sure he has this *face palm* moments but hey that's comic relief for ya. Although I think they did a better justice for him in the clone war series. 

Well while on the SW topic I'm going mention this as well. General Hux. Yeah unpopular SW character who should deserve more than what they're giving him for. Hell, he just took out the Republic in 5 second with one blast when it take the whole clone war to take out the republic. :P  His background is good enough to make him a very good potential main villain compared to Kylo. (Even though I like kylo as well.) 

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

14 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

IHe was funny comic relief in a kids movie.

But you may never look at him the same way again: 

Haha, very true!

No one ever said the ol’ Gungan was cut out for some of the heavy responsibilities he was given, and he did establish up front he was banished for clumsiness. So by that reckoning the bad things he inadvertently caused despite his best intentions could be equally blamed on those who should have known better than to entrust him with anything more complicated than opening a jar of peanut butter. And some of the analyses in the video, while interesting, may go just a tad deeper than necessary (the name Jar Jar Binks was made up by George’s son, Jett, and not based on another character from a book series as far as I know). And I could go into a lot more detail on other aspects but like you said he’s a comic relief character so he’s not really designed for long discourse on the intricacies of his impact on a galaxy far, far away. Long story short, Jar Jar is who he is and people can love or hate him for whatever reasons they believe are valid. I for one love him, that’s my only (albeit intangible) contribution here. (And I did enjoy the video!) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 3/7/2020 at 12:40 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Haha, very true!

No one ever said the ol’ Gungan was cut out for some of the heavy responsibilities he was given, and he did establish up front he was banished for clumsiness. So by that reckoning the bad things he inadvertently caused despite his best intentions could be equally blamed on those who should have known better than to entrust him with anything more complicated than opening a jar of peanut butter. And some of the analyses in the video, while interesting, may go just a tad deeper than necessary (the name Jar Jar Binks was made up by George’s son, Jett, and not based on another character from a book series as far as I know). And I could go into a lot more detail on other aspects but like you said he’s a comic relief character so he’s not really designed for long discourse on the intricacies of his impact on a galaxy far, far away. Long story short, Jar Jar is who he is and people can love or hate him for whatever reasons they believe are valid. I for one love him, that’s my only (albeit intangible) contribution here. (And I did enjoy the video!) 

It would have been an awesome reveal if he turned out to be a Sith lord in the third movie. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Fluttershutter