Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM characters you like, but wouldn’t if they were a real person?

Miss

There are many characters that we love and like in the show, but just cuz we enjoy watching them doesn’t necessarily mean we would enjoy being friends with someone who has their personality. 

This is not “If Twilight Sparkle (or any other character) is real would you be friends” it’s more so if Twilight Sparkle (or any other character) was a human irl would you be able to be friends with her/him/them. 

Naming any of the villains would be easy of course.

personally, arrogance is a huge turn off when it comes to making friends, so Rainbow Dash and Trixie I’d probably avoid XD but I love them in the show 

Oh yea Discord too cuz he’s pretty annoying and selfish XD

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Svengallop

yea, I am talking to you @Svengallop

But do you actually like/love that character in the first place? If so then ok XD

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

But do you actually like/love that character in the first place? If so then ok XD

I do, I like his accent! He does have style and care about his products. But I don't want to have a real Svengallop, ever!

• Brohoof 3

If I got this right, the character isn't our friend yet and we have to think whether or not we'd be able to or want to befriend them. If so and if I didn't know them very well or any problems they're going through (as I feel empathy towards others pretty strongly, so much so I'd try to help them), I wouldn't befriend:

• Rarity (too much of a fan of the material world)
  • Rainbow Dash (too much of a show off)
  • Limestone and Maud Pie
  • Trixie
  • Discord
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Kamii said:

If I got this right, the character isn't our friend yet and we have to think whether or not we'd be able to or want to befriend them. If so and if I didn't know them very well or any problems they're going through (as I feel empathy towards others pretty strongly, so much so I'd try to help them), I wouldn't befriend:

• Rarity (too much of a fan of the material world)
  • Rainbow Dash (too much of a show off)
  • Limestone and Maud Pie
  • Trixie
  • Discord

Interesting, I might add Limestone as well, I did think of Maud for a bit, but I feel like being friends with her could work under specific circumstances, for myself that is. 

Edited by Misscellanio
  • Brohoof 2

I’ve thought about this a lot. I know Rainbow Dash is adorable and fun to watch on TV, but I also know people who are like her. And I know I would not get along with her in real life. :LunaMCM:

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Interesting, I might add Limestone as well, I did think of Maud for a bit, but I feel like being friends with her could work under specific circumstances, for myself that is. 

Oooh the pie sisters would actually be fun to meet. I actually can relate to all of them (apart from pinkie), so it wouldn't be so bad having them around.

2 hours ago, Misscellanio said:

There are many characters that we love and like in the show, but just cuz we enjoy watching them doesn’t necessarily mean we would enjoy being friends with someone who has their personality. 

This is not “If Twilight Sparkle (or any other character) is real would you be friends” it’s more so if Twilight Sparkle (or any other character) was a human irl would you be able to be friends with her/him/them. 

Naming any of the villains would be easy of course.

personally, arrogance is a huge turn off when it comes to making friends, so Rainbow Dash and Trixie I’d probably avoid XD but I love them in the show 

Oh yea Discord too cuz he’s pretty annoying and selfish XD

Probably rainbow dash and Rarity. I feel like I just wouldn't like their personalities.

About Discord - it'll be cool having him around since we can both mess around, but he does go over the top sometimes, so he can get pretty annoying. 

• Brohoof 2

Rarity. Honestly the only one I'd like as real person is Applejack. Maybe Starlight Glimmer, but I wouldn't trust her since she used to be a communist. Cheeralee is nice too.

If these personalities weren't cartoons, they'd be terrible.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

Rarity. Honestly the only one I'd like as real person is Applejack. Maybe Starlight Glimmer, but I wouldn't trust her since she used to be a communist. Cheeralee is nice too.

I wouldn;t mind seeing those personalities in real life. Much better than a lot of people I've met in real life. 

• Brohoof 2

Probably Pinkie. Over-the-top people are fun to watch from a distance, but I don't want to be friends with someone like that.

On the other side of things, ponies like Rainbow and Applejack remind me a bit of my friends from low brass in high school marching band, so I'd probably love having them as friends.

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

I mean don't you think people can change tho? (if we are going by the equivalent of "communist" XD)

12 minutes ago, notRem said:

garble ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫‫ ‫

Oh yea! I'd add him too. 

24 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

I mean don't you think people can change tho? (if we are going by the equivalent of "communist" XD)

Oh yea! I'd add him too. 

I was being a bit facetious :p

Hmmmm. Pinkie would definitely be annoying irl but her positivity and party antics would be extremely nice to have currently. I think I would absolutely loath Discord however if he were a really person. I'm not keen to manipulative "chaotic" people. 

• Brohoof 2

Discord for certain. Absolutely staying as far away from him as possible if he were real.

Pinkie and Rainbow Dash would likely be exhausting. Too high energy for me.

Trixie’s hilarious in the show, but outside of watching her perform, she’d be a bit hard to deal with irl.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Maybe Starlight Glimmer, but I wouldn't trust her since she used to be a communist.

Oh, WeLl wELl WelL tHEn, I gUeSs jUsT ExcUSe mE ThEn-

Spoiler

2145981408_826695__safe_artist-colon-dattebayo681_artist-colon-meowing-dash-ghost_starlightglimmer_thecutiemap_communism_debateinthecomments_flag_solo_sovie.png.1ae87b7f66f519dff1bec37d827141d9.png

COMMUNIST GLIMMER INTENSIFIES 

Okay, now to actually like, answer the question-

Probably I would most likely not make friends with Discord. As much as I really enjoy his antics in the show and think he's a great comic-relief character, I would really just get annoyed with his antics and behavior in real life. I would probably just avoid him really. Great character in the show, but not much of a great person in real life more than likely.