Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's voice do you hear when you read?

Krystal

When i read normal text "on wikipedia for example", i read it on my own voice...
But, when i read any quote, I read it on any specific character's voice.

• Brohoof 1

I hear Stephen Hawking.

God dang-it now you got me hearing his voice, also Morgan Freeman his voice is just so awesome there is no way to explain his voice it is just to awesome to explain. He also should narrate his self.

• Brohoof 2

It really depends on what I am reading.

If I'm reading a story to which I have seen a movie about, then I read it in the character's voice, if there hasn't been a movie (or I haven't seen it nor the trailer) then I try to make a voice that I think they would sound like.

Quotes go the same way, unless I feel like being dramatic and read it with a "dramatic" voice.

Very rarely do I ever really read with my "mindvoice".

• Brohoof 1

I hear many voices. Some of them tell me to kill a certain person, others tell me to brutally murder a group of people, and a few tell me to just burn the world. And then there's Greg. He's a dumbass.

Sometimes, if I see something, everything I read after will be a certain voice.

Like that Farnsworth pic I saw on the first page. Now I'm reading everything in his voice.

I hear my own voice, I guess. But for characters, I visualize them in my head, and use the voice I'd think they would have. Like a movie in my head.

• Brohoof 1

If I'm reading English texts I'm hearing a male british voice and when I'm reading texts from my own language (Dutch), I don't hear a voice at all :P

It depends what I'm doing. If it's just standard faceless writing, I'll usually read it in my own voice, but if I happen to know the person/character's voice, I'll read it in their voice.

Most of John Green's books are read as John Green, and Morgan Freeman is Morgan Freeman.

My reading voice lately has been Sora from Kingdom Hearts, cos I've been playing it a lot tongue.png

• Brohoof 1

I dont hear a voice when i read... I simply absorb the words.

Seriously though, this is incredibly strange but...

When i read a story i hear my own voice up until i have read it long enough to know enough about the character to assign them a voice, when i've read a book long enough each character will have its own unique voice based entirely on personality and general traits then place of origin and species. 

• Brohoof 1

I usually read in my voice, but I read quotes in the character who's saying  the quote's voice.  Sometimes when I have to read a lot for a class and I start getting bored, I start reading in Rainbow Dash's voice.  It makes things a bit more interesting, but I can end up loosing focus when I do that and start daydreaming or having conversations in my head with Dashie.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Depends on what kind of book I'm reading and if I'm reading narration or speech. I'll hear my own voice if I'm reading a news article or some other non-fiction text, the same goes for if I'm reading game reviews. 

However when it comes to fictional texts the narration is done through my own voice however I somehow manage to create individual voices for each of the characters. This actually applies to books written in first person and third person. 

Something I find rather interesting, is that I still read the Harry Potter books with my own made up voices rather than those from the films.

Edited by Aaramus
  • Brohoof 1

It depends. Oftentimes, primarily on the internet, I don't actually think about the voice, and I just process the words in my mind. 

Otherwise, especially when reading books, it's either my own voice, a generic voice, or a voice my mind invented for a particular character.

I hear Stephen Hawking.

You must read very slow.

:P

I usually hear Clint Eastwood. (my Dad shoves all of his movies down my throat. >_>)

It isn't too bad I guess.

• Brohoof 2

I only hear my own voice. Wouldn't it be cool if you could get surgery to modify who you hear saying what you read. I'd like to have Chef Ramsay's voice or maybe Morgan Freeman.

I read it in these two's voices. Why you may ask? I honestly don't know. I guess a gravelly voice just sounds cooler. I can't say for certain though.

post-13314-0-12403700-1369984509_thumb.jpg

post-13314-0-31854800-1369984543_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

'kay so when ever I read any fics for related to vinyl and Octavia I hear the following:

Vinyl: Nowacking
Octavia: EileMonty

(both people are on youtube)

as for everything else I never really hear my own voice anymore, I spent to much time over the years developing different characters for different things so I hear different voices when I read lol *shrugs* doesn't bother me it actually makes reading more fun for me.

ps. if there are any typos in my message please ignore them.

• Brohoof 1

I hear my moms voice. she commands me every 12 seconds i cant stand it anymore! good thing she is now busy doing piano things. finished and it was 99 characters!!!! tongue.png

Morgan Freeman's  Oh, no one in particular...

um... I guess I just kinda hear my own voice... I guess? lol I don't really know I guess ill say no one :P

• Brohoof 1

It depends a lot on under what circumstances I am reading, and what state my mind is in... If I am feeling brilliant or fantastic, I might as well read it in any of the 3 modern Doctor's voices, or the First... Sometimes I hear Twilight's voice, or maybe Celestia's I guess, or my own... If any of these don't apply, it's usually one of the thousands of video-game-characters I have played as...

One thing is for certain though: Because of a huge influence from Doctor Who, the Yogscast and other awesome British stuff such as Harry Potter, I almost always seem to think in a British accent~

i usually hear my own in my head.

i once heard another voice close to morgan freeman's voice, but then i was like

so yeah... even if i treid i wouldn't like any other voice

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on what the writing is about. If it appears calm or soothing I might drift of into the beautiful land of Morgan Freeman's sexy voice, sometimes even Cry's voice if I've heard it recently.... Otherwise it's just an posh articulate and quintessentially turn of the century brit - type voice.