Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

(edited)
For now I can think of two ways the show and fandom changed me.
  • I stopped prejudging things (or at least far less than I did previously) after I became a brony.
  • The Derpy controversy made me really hate political correctness.
Edited by 115Predator

What I learned from this show what true love is. However, this show has definitely affected my temperament. All I have to do is watch some ponies no matter what mood I was in before, I'm happy afterwords. 

(edited)
My names Michael

*Everypony* -- HELLO MICHAEL

well after that remnant of my AA days my real answer.

MLP brought me to a community eager to create and share, something I forgot and lost some years back, suddenly the show and the fandom made me want to write once more, to create stories based on what the show give to us and the possibilities there are to fill the blanks. Creating OC's that fit in that world, searching a way to create real motivations for them on a perfect world giving them fair problems. MLP turned on back my spark of creation and I will be always great full for that

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

I learned to be yourself. Because to change who you are for other people's liking, would fault those who like you for the new you. If you get more people to like you for who you aren't, it will only create a larger problem when someone finds out you aren't who you say you are. Let people love and enjoy you for the real you. The more friends you earn for being the real you, the happier you will be knowing there's people willing to be a true friend and like the things you like.

(edited)

Well, actually I learned nothing new from it.

MLP was helpful for me, regarding to recall all those forgotten values and morals in which used to believe.

When I started to live through many, many, many difficulty sittuations, that kind of experiences just drained my hope. And since I'm kind of idealist, I needed all those values, morals and principles, as ideals to try to keep up my hope.

So usually when I enter in a shady mood, I try to watch an episode and usually that stabilizes me up again.

Apologies for my english.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 3 weeks later...

To me it was okay, and it still is. I've started watching MLP because of my older brother, and our family knows, but no one really cares. Some of my friends know about that too, but they also don't care much. Simply because, we're not made by the cartoons we watch, the games we play, the books we read, but by our own lifetime choices, decisions and actions, so, tastes are pretty irrelevant. I don't mention to people I watch MLP... much.

Though, I have to admit. It did make me a better person overall.

Edited by RiseofSpectrum

Well, of course!

It made me realise which character I looked like the most (Twilight Sparkle), and I did some research about my personality.

I ended up finding the MBTI personality test, and reading my description, which fit me perfectly, I realized that I'm not a random autist guy. (yay)

It probably wouldn't be that different TBH.  I think the biggest difference would be I wouldn't have met most of the great people I have on the forums, and I might be a little more cynical and overly critical of film and television media.  MLP's certainly helped me be much more lighthearted in both my life and enjoyment of entertainment, and has definitely given me new hope for kid's television, but still, overall I don't think I'd be that different.  Mostly, I just wouldn't have had all the fun I've had in specifically joining this fandom, and that truly would be a shame.  :(

Just like some people, I was in a deep depression before becoming a brony. After becoming one, I had never been so happy. There are times when I can't stop smiling so yes my life has changed ever since I became a brony.

I don't feel the show did a lot for me in terms of mental or emotional state, no. But I credit it for something pretty major, which is helping me find my calling in life. The fan musicians that gravitated into the MLP scene were so amazing they made me realize that's what I wanted to do with my life. So yeah, this show ultimately did make me a different person.

No, not in any way shape or form. Change comes from within, not from a show. Nothing about my personality has changed since I started watching MLP 

MLP has honestly been one of the worst things to ever happen to me. At first everything was great: I like the show and joined a community to talk about the show, but then I made a bunch of friends and get really connected to my community. When I let my anger get the best of me too many times and got banned from that community, it ruined my life and sent me into a quick, downward spiral of depression and panic so extreme that after an attempt to hurt myself with a kitchen knife, was institutionalized for a few days. If I had never got into MLP, my life would still be fine.

Being a pegasister has changed my life for better. The show made me learn important lessons in life by the most adorable ponies on the bloody planet, it showed me how to overcome obstacles, hum Pinkie Pie's songs to cheer me up and I never knew how much this could bring my life to a sweet pony paradise. Little known fact bout me, when I was 5, my mum introduced me to MLP in Generation 3 and I honestly didn't play with them cause they freakin scared me and they were no fun or meaningful AT ALL. So I really love this fandom and I'm proud to be part of it. /)*(\ :)

• Brohoof 1

Most definitely! Friendship is Magic has introduced me to what is arguably the greatest fandom I've seen! Before I started watching the show a couple of years ago, there was hardly anything good in my life. All I can say is that my life would be much worse right now if I hadn't become a brony.

:yay:

• Brohoof 1