Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

I'm more open about things now. Back then I'd call my self clinically insane if I ever said I'd want to watch a show for little girls

Edited by Megas75

As far as I can tell, nothing. Everything feels the same crappy way as the last few years, just with another show I got into.

• 4 months later...

How did this fandom change your life? me well it changed it in a good way like 1 became a uncial 2 got a paid job 3 got a girlfriend and made more great friends 4 my youtube channel is going good and well so is the rest of my life.

• Brohoof 3

I have to say it changed mine for the worst-at first (rhyme not intended). Back before I had left then rejoined the fandom. I got sucked in toooooo deep, it was just another reason to not leave the house. But after I left the fandom and got my life in shape, it's safe for me to join the fandom again. But it did also push the first domino into leading me into a group of internet friends whos company I enjoy.

• Brohoof 2

This fandom has taught me that everyone has opinions and that is what makes everyone unique and individual. It has also taught me how to be more outgoing with life.

This is the best fandom I've come across. If I never joined a fandom as welcoming as MLP: FiM, I would be close-minded and judgemental, considering that I've been in some pretty nasty fandoms before.

• Brohoof 3

It helped me find something to sink my time into when I have nothing else to do. Other than providing a couple new aquantences and some new time sinks it has not really effected my life in any mannor.

Well, except for how my pony knowledge got me a date with a lyra cosplayer. I guess that could count.

• Brohoof 3

I do not know how I would survive about the great unicorn Rarity! I would probably still be sulking because I am feminine and not get out and able to be myself. My creativity would have never restored by the great ponies! I would have never met some of my best friends if it was not for the Magic of Friendship the ponies taught me. For that, I am grateful that I watched My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic. 

(It sounded much better in my head.)

• Brohoof 1

Well, except for how my pony knowledge got me a date with a lyra cosplayer. I guess that could count.

I'll call that a qualifying yes. :D

• Brohoof 2

It brought back my appreciation for animated kids cartoons, and in interacting with the analysis community it got me to think more critically about the content I look at. Thinking about not just how something works (good or bad), but why it works in the way it does.

• Brohoof 2

For one, I have meant all you guys, talked to so many different people from around the world, and in general made me a lot more open minded about things in general. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

At first, admittedly, I was just like Twilight at the start of this series, really didn't care about making friends.

I had like 1, or 2 friends at the time, and now I'm pretty much the same way, I think having 1 or 2 good friends is better as opposed to having 5+ friends who are just using you and aren't really 'friends'.

That said, While I still have the same 1/2 friends I mentioned before. (I'm quite okay with it staying that way.) The show has taught me valuable life lessons that I may not have known otherwise, and... Lets be honest, lessons like these and people like us are something this world needs more of.

The world could really be a better place if most of the lessons in MLP FiM were taken to heart by everyone in the world.

• Brohoof 2

Well I went from being a super obnoxious prick to being a super obnoxious prick with a fucking insane obsession with a show for little girls, lost a number of friends, done a number of cringey things, got me banned from exactly 2 Garry's Mod servers and 3 Team Fortress 2 servers, and now my parents and relatives probably think I'm fucking weird if they even remember anything about it.

Edited by Groot
  • Brohoof 1

It restored my faith in cartoons a bit (thank God). It gave me a better understanding too, how much more one could be. It opened up my eyes to better people (unlike most fandoms). And it gave me piece of mind.  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure it really change anything in my life. I mean when it comes to watching cartoons and so I always done it. Never really like live action shows at all. Except for Big bang theory.

My brother always said that I should grow up and watch something more mature but I guess i never really wanted to 'grow up'. Then came MLP:FIM at first I did not really know about it. It first came to the tought that I should watch it when i saw this video from the FineBros https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzozSSGETJo. Before that I only saw it in different YouTube poops that I for some reason thought was stupidly hilarious. 

Gaming has always been a thing for me and in Team Fortress 2 i found this VS ponyville server. It's vs saxton hale but with MLP:FIM charecters. There I found a great communnity :)

So maby it change more then I thought

• Brohoof 1