Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

Man, if they just upped and replaced everyone? CGI? Yeah, I'd wait until every Brony made a review of it. And even then I would be hesitant to see it. Because that is a recipe for disaster.

Now on the other hand if we got a movie that was basically just a longer episode, I'd be really excited!

It says 1x66 not 3x22. Should mean one continuous run of something. Not 3 features. I don't know what to think, I thought the short season what basd on the fact that the hub originally ordere 2.5 seasons for MLP and didn't expect this success.

That's pretty much how I feel about the short season. They weren't expecting all this. And I don't think a DVD necessarily means a movie. Didn't the Wedding Episode get its own DVD too? I think we're all getting hyped up over nothing.

• Brohoof 1

I personally think it's a new Season 2 DVD. Seeing as all the episodes are 22 minutes long, and the actual running time is 66 minutes, I think it's a new DVD, because 22 x 3 = 6, meaning that it could be a DVD with 3 episodes.Wow, only 3?

Posted Image

Three words: oh, hell, no.

1. Hollywood doesn't know the first thing about proper children's entertainment. Most of what they turn out is junk that doesn't teach kids anything useful and is intended to keep them occupied for 90 minutes.

2. Fully CGI movies generally suck. With the exception of a few studios that realize you also have to write a script to go with the loud shiny stuff (i.e. Pixar), it's just a hollow gimmick now. On the long shot that MLP in CGI wouldn't suck, it still wouldn't look like My Little Pony.

3. Not only that, the ponies wouldn't be the ponies without their proper voice actors. That's another trend that's losing its luster. Get the celebrities out of the recording booths so the people who have dedicated their careers to voice acting can get their names on the major projects they deserve. The idea of Jessica Alba voicing Twilight Sparkle makes me want to throw something.

4. Different writers, I don't even want to THINK about it. Oh my God. Applejack would be the subject of a hundred hillbilly jokes, Pinkie Pie would be a stereotypical party animal or crazy girl (she is neither). Fluttershy would be emo. Equestria would suddenly be full of familiar products like McPony's Restaurant and Pony-Cola. The word "pony" would be tacked on to a dozen skanky double entendres to keep the parents awake. And don't forget the poop jokes! Wouldn't be a kid's movie about animals without those! Let's see, what else can I hate about this idea...

5. Oh yeah, and we don't need the ponies rocking out to a Justin Bieber soundtrack.

Or doing a PONY RAP over the credits.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Imageno first of all it wouldn't even be at all entertaining considering the amount of crap hollywood come out with in the line of childrens entertainment and the rest has been said

Erm, you're asking us what we would think about a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic movie that wasn't animated by Hasbro, voiced by Hollywood actors instead of animation voice actors, and created with CG instead of 2D animation?

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

As long it isn't CGI, stays with the same voice actors, and most importantly, MICHAEL BAY ISN'T THE DIRECTOR, then yeah I would watch a MLP: FiM Movie. Seriously, he should NEVER touch MLP. He was good with Transformers, but no to this.

No, I think it would be terrible. If Hollywood created an MLP movie, many fans will become disappointed. Now, if it looks good, than I will watch it.

Posted Image

Three words: oh, hell, no.

1. Hollywood doesn't know the first thing about proper children's entertainment. Most of what they turn out is junk that doesn't teach kids anything useful and is intended to keep them occupied for 90 minutes.

2. Fully CGI movies generally suck. With the exception of a few studios that realize you also have to write a script to go with the loud shiny stuff (i.e. Pixar), it's just a hollow gimmick now. On the long shot that MLP in CGI wouldn't suck, it still wouldn't look like My Little Pony.

3. Not only that, the ponies wouldn't be the ponies without their proper voice actors. That's another trend that's losing its luster. Get the celebrities out of the recording booths so the people who have dedicated their careers to voice acting can get their names on the major projects they deserve. The idea of Jessica Alba voicing Twilight Sparkle makes me want to throw something.

4. Different writers, I don't even want to THINK about it. Oh my God. Applejack would be the subject of a hundred hillbilly jokes, Pinkie Pie would be a stereotypical party animal or crazy girl (she is neither). Fluttershy would be emo. Equestria would suddenly be full of familiar products like McPony's Restaurant and Pony-Cola. The word "pony" would be tacked on to a dozen skanky double entendres to keep the parents awake. And don't forget the poop jokes! Wouldn't be a kid's movie about animals without those! Let's see, what else can I hate about this idea...

5. Oh yeah, and we don't need the ponies rocking out to a Justin Bieber soundtrack.

Or doing a PONY RAP over the credits.

I totally agree. The poop jokes would just ruin the movie. That is why MLP is so great. Hasbro has never included any of those annoying jokes that are supposed to be funny for little kids

• Brohoof 1

Michael Bay

Because he would make half of the movie filled with explosions.

I would die a little inside... MLP is too good for Hollywood, plus all they do is screw things up. I really do not care for Hollywood.

Hollywood companies really suck, they greedy.

Erm, you're asking us what we would think about a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic movie that wasn't animated by Hasbro, voiced by Hollywood actors instead of animation voice actors, and created with CG instead of 2D animation?

Posted Image

agreed, they can't get any better than the original actors :D

MLP movie from Hollywood? Mmmm......

Posted Image

The last thing I wanna see is MLP getting screwed up by lousy companies and directors. Should the worst case scenario happen, it's better you stay ten miles away if it was directed by Michael Bay or, God forbid, Uwe Boll.

• Brohoof 1

Guys, I don't know what the movie will be like, but if it has Micheal Bay involved in it, expect at least one of the following:

1. Explosions

2. More Explosions

3. Ninja Terrorists

4. A plot in which the Mane 6 are mercenaries, their 'contractor' is Celestia

5. Everything is dramatic, has orchestra music, and DUN DUN DUN

6. Nuclear Muffin Warfare

I personally think it's a new Season 2 DVD. Seeing as all the episodes are 22 minutes long, and the actual running time is 66 minutes, I think it's a new DVD, because 22 x 3 = 6, meaning that it could be a DVD with 3 episodes.Wow, only 3?

But Tophat doesn't make DVDs, that's Shout factory's job. Why would they be talking about making an MLP DVD of episodes they've already completed? It has to be something new, something exclusive to DVD. Composer William Anderson already suggested something like this a month ago.

http://willheim.devi...set=20#/d58z8lz

It can't be anything old.

Edited by brian577

Guys, I don't know what the movie will be like, but if it has Micheal Bay involved in it, expect at least one of the following:

1. Explosions

2. More Explosions

3. Ninja Terrorists

4. A plot in which the Mane 6 are mercenaries, their 'contractor' is Celestia

5. Everything is dramatic, has orchestra music, and DUN DUN DUN

6. Nuclear Muffin Warfare

Imagine if m night shamalamadingdong and micheal bay were involved

I shudder at the thought of what a movie like that would be like.

• Brohoof 1

Imagine if m night shamalamadingdong and micheal bay were involved

I shudder at the thought of what a movie like that would be like.

M. Night Shamaladingdong, oh Celestia. :lol: That's awesome.

Brings up a good point, though. What were they thinking with the Last Airbender?! It's a good eastern-styled American cartoon with a great intricate storyline, so hey, let's make it live-action! And screw up the plot! And give it to a director who hasn't made a good movie in years. If it happened to Avatar it can happen to any show.

Keep a sharp lookout, bronies. Hollywood won't take MLP without a fight.

I'd love to see a movie, but not now. I think it would be better to make it after the very last season. Just imagine it - after, for example, 8th season we got a full length, 2 hours epic movie about defeating epic villain (Discord maybe?). It could also tell about some secrets and history of Equestria.

Yeah, if MLP:FIM really must end some day, I want it to do it this way.

MLP movie from Hollywood? Mmmm......

Posted Image

The last thing I wanna see is MLP getting screwed up by lousy companies and directors. Should the worst case scenario happen, it's better you stay ten miles away if it was directed by Michael Bay or, God forbid, Uwe Boll.

In the future, you'll probably will see me making an MLP movie, with Tera Strong, Ashleigh Ball. I'll make sure it will look good, cause I'm a brony

Hasbro made 'Battleship' and that turned out... interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. As for ponies, well look at it objectively. Most of us hated it or thought it odd until we tried it, so why not give a movie a chance? If it is as bad as we think it to be, then yes we have right to testify, but not until we have given it a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

What if Hasbro released a movie for MLP: Friendship is Magic in theaters and it was state-wide? Like, not in 'select-theaters' crap like how it was with the latest Pokemon movies, I was somewhat disappointed with that it wasn't in my local theater...

Anyway, if Hasbro released a MLP movie in theaters would you go see it? It's not impossible, Recess: Schools Out was in theaters, I saw Jimmy Neutron when it came out in theaters...

Though I wonder, is the fanbase really, truly that dedicated to go see a my little pony movie in theaters?

Also, if you have ideas for a movie, even if it was a TV-feature movie say em, that'd be cool, I think Hasbro should at least make a TV-movie or something.

I know they already have finales at the end of each season, but it'd be cool to see a TV-movie because the budget would be much higher, the animation quality would go up (not that it's low as is, but you know, in the movies the animation is always better than the series!) and overall I don't think I would mind putting a MLP (friendship is magic) movie-DVD on my shelf~

I might possibly buy the season one boxset when it comes out... I'm still thinking...