Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shanks

I had a random thought in my head the other night, what if the Mane 6 were countries? I have a few ideas of which ones they would be and I think they make sense.

Applejack-America: I mean this not because I think Applejack is some hillbilly, if anything she represents much of what is good about America. Hard working, honest and fairly modest.

Twilight Sparkle-Japan: Japan has got to be the nerdiest country on the planet and oh my Celestia do I love them for it.

Pinkie Pie-The Netherlands: It is like the Las Vegas of countries, seriously almost everything you can think of that is illegal here is either legal or decriminalized. There must be some pretty wild parties there.

Rarity-France: Rarity seems to exhibit some of the negative stereotypes of France most notably her vanity and arrogance.

Rainbow Dash-Germany: Germany is home to the famous Autobahn highways which are among the only highways in the world with no required speed limit, and there is no pony in this show more affiliated with speed than Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy-Switzerland: Known for their neutrality they prefer to simply mind their own business and stay out of the affairs of other countries an approach I wish more countries would take. This sounds somewhat like the quiet, shy unassuming mare we all know and love.

• Brohoof 10

Yeah, i agree with almost all, except for RainbowDash whose element is loyalty, and i think her country should be England, mainly because it's a very loyal country who has never failed to the US on the World Wars.

I agree, also with the Applejack with America thing, AppleJack really sounds like she would be America because of the whole hard working thing. And I really like the Rainbow Dash one because of the no speed limit highways facts. To me, they all sound really good for the country description. :)

Rainbow Dash is Serbia.

Over the course of the last approx 1400 years we never gave up. We were under the Turks for 5 centuries but we never died out. :3

Element of Loyalty, bitches.

Also, my old avatar.

dashienarodnazastava.jpg

Edited by StefanSreto (Chetnik)

I dunno, I'm torn between Rainbow dash as either Germany or America, she was humming the Wagner song after all in the pet episode...

Also: FLUTTERSHY AS CANADA!!! we dont all go 'eh' you know.

also

Applejack - America

Twilight sparkle - Finland

Rarity - France

Fluttershy - Austria

Rainbow dash - Germany

Pinkie pie - Russia

fluttershy as Austria? 0.o how do you figure?

and explain Pinky pie as russia please?

Edited by SunsetDancer
  • Brohoof 1

I had a random thought in my head the other night, what if the Mane 6 were countries? I have a few ideas of which ones they would be and I think they make sense.

Applejack-America: I mean this not because I think Applejack is some hillbilly, if anything she represents much of what is good about America. Hard working, honest and fairly modest.

Twilight Sparkle-Japan: Japan has got to be the nerdiest country on the planet and oh my Celestia do I love them for it.

Pinkie Pie-The Netherlands: It is like the Las Vegas of countries, seriously almost everything you can think of that is illegal here is either legal or decriminalized. There must be some pretty wild parties there.

Rarity-France: Rarity seems to exhibit some of the negative stereotypes of France most notably her vanity and arrogance.

Rainbow Dash-Germany: Germany is home to the famous Autobahn highways which are among the only highways in the world with no required speed limit, and there is no pony in this show more affiliated with speed than Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy-Switzerland: Known for their neutrality they prefer to simply mind their own business and stay out of the affairs of other countries an approach I wish more countries would take. This sounds somewhat like the quiet, shy unassuming mare we all know and love.

This is pretty well thought out and I must say, I agree with a good majority of this however, not sure about Rainbow Dash though I mean sure, she is pretty much a speed demon but she is also about Loyalty, if you could find a country to combine the two, that would make it a lot better

I dunno, I'm torn between Rainbow dash as either Germany or America, she was humming the Wagner song after all in the pet episode...

Also: FLUTTERSHY AS CANADA!!! we dont all go 'eh' you know.

also

fluttershy as Austria? 0.o how do you figure?

and explain Pinky pie as russia please?

I thought fluttershy as Austria because she has something to do with music. If you learned in music class, you will remmember that it was Vienna, was one of the main cities where composers like Salieri, Amadeus Mozzart, Bethoven, Schubert, Strauss, and so on...

Well all know how russia loves to party (Vodka Vodka), and it can get really random there... xD :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I kept wondering which pony to choose to fit Czech Republic the most according to it's history... although it's not mane 6, I'd pick Pwincess Woona, many things happened in history involving us without us being actually present :P (Munich agreement).

For the Mane six, I mostly agree with the op, but I'm unsure of Dashia.

AJ - ´Murrica (California & stuff)

Rainbow Dashia - Greece or Canada

Pinkie - South Korea

Twilight - England or Japan

Fluttershy - Austria

Rarity - France. France all the way.

Spike - Taiwan

Lyra - Australia

Celestia - Russia

Luna - Kamboja

Queen Chrystalis - China

Zecora - Democratic Republic of Congo

Trixie - ´Murrica..

BONUS: Suntouched Coco - Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Sweden

Rainbow Dash: America or Greece

Twilight Sparkle: Greece or Canada

Pinkie Pie: The Netherlands

Applejack: America or Canada

Spike: Aulstralia

Rarity: France or Italy

Rainbow Dash as Germany?  Germans have a reputation for being neo-Prussian in their intensity and austerity.  That's nothing like Dashie.

And Switzerland isn't necessarily shy and unassuming.  Remember, they're big as a tax haven/money laundering hotspot.  Plus, if it were truly Fluttershy, it would have occasional outbursts of uncontrollable violence.

As for the Netherlands: Not really Pinkie.  Portugal actually has a more liberal drug policy than the Netherlands.  

To be honest, I have a heard time seeing the Mane 6 as anything but Equestrian.

Applejack-(despite her accent) mmmmm Germany. Hard working and efficent

Twilight Sparkle-Japan or england

Pinkie Pie- Arabia (bit random and crazy)

Rarity-France yep!

Rainbow Dash- America: Proud, speedy, full of strength and mmm something about her suggests shes one of the youngest.

Applejack - America

Twilight sparkle - Finland

Rarity - France

Fluttershy - Austria

Rainbow dash - Germany

Pinkie pie - Russia

I am Austrian but and I could only dream about Fluttershy representing the people of my country. ^_^ Canada comes to mind because I always hear that the people there are so friendly :)

• Brohoof 1

fluttershy - Canada because 'yay' sounds like 'eh' ;)

twilight - USSR (that's right) because for unknown reasons she lives in a state facility with the "aristocracy's" blessing, persuing obscure academic interests. Sounds like one lucky little Soviet pony!

Edited by decoherence

I'm not too well acquainted with modern history, but I'll give this a shot...

Twilight Sparkle: Japan, although how you would fit their imperialistic period in, I have no idea.

Pinkie Pie: Mexico

Fluttershy: Bhutan

Applejack: America
Rarity: France

Rainbow Dash: ...America? I'd need more time to think about this one.

I'm not too well acquainted with modern history, but I'll give this a shot...

Twilight Sparkle: Japan, although how you would fit their imperialistic period in, I have no idea.

Pinkie Pie: Mexico

Fluttershy: Bhutan

Applejack: America

Rarity: France

Rainbow Dash: ...America? I'd need more time to think about this one.

You wouldn't be able to fit Twilight into the feudal period at all, I think she would fit in nicely in Ancient Greece as it was once one of the worlds greatest centers of scholarly learning and home of many famous philosophers like Plato and Aristotle if we have to stick to the same time period though China would have also have been a good fit for the same reasons.

Rainbow Dash as America makes a bit of sense now that I think about it she does exemplify some of its negative traits such as arrogance, impatience and recklessness though the more recent episode which I cheated and watched early because it was leaked does she that she is maturing.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy would be better suited as Norway in my opinion, other then that I must agree with all of them.  Though maybe Rainbow Dash would be Spain, because she did things no other pegasus did, and they went places no other person did.

• Brohoof 1

the Arabic edition if you ask me

•  
  •     Applejack - Sudia Arabia (traditional)
  •  
  •     Twilight sparkle - Egypt (most arabic book came from here)
  •  
  •     Rarity - Lebanon (sexiest Arabic country)
  •  
  •     Fluttershy - Bahrain (my country) it small and do nothing
  •  
  •     Rainbow dash - Kuwait (full of it self, and high tec) and the football nation team is blue
  •  
  •     Pinkie pie - Qatar (it crazy)

and what what derpy what country she is

You wouldn't be able to fit Twilight into the feudal period at all, I think she would fit in nicely in Ancient Greece as it was once one of the worlds greatest centers of scholarly learning and home of many famous philosophers like Plato and Aristotle if we have to stick to the same time period though China would have also have been a good fit for the same reasons.

I thought about it, but Ancient Greece was too disorganized. I kind of jotted these down just before running off to somewhere, so I'm open to other suggestions. I like the Twilight as China one.