Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music How important is music to you?

ReGen

I was severely deaf as a child, and I found myself rather bored most of my young years. Eventually my parents got a good amount of money and got surgery to fix my ears, it by some miracle was a success. Ever since than I started and continue to listen to music everyday, appreciating it ever so much. It is a BIG importance to me, from motivation to relaxing in bed.

It is my life and my existence. There are songs I listen to when Im feeling alone, sad, or angry. There are songs that I can relate with, songs that make me feel better when something is wrong, and songs that make me think. Music has affected me greatly throughout my life. The first band I got into legitimately was Green Day when American Idiot was released.  Since then, music has been insurmountably important to me, even though I don't play an instrument.

some of my favorites:
3 doors down
all that remains
a day to remember
audioslave
breaking benjamin
candlebox
cookie monsta
datsik
doctor p
earlyrise
excision
feed me
flux pavillion
foo fighters
kamelot
knife party
liquid stranger
marilyn manson
nirvana
of mice and men
rusko
seether
shinedown
sick puppies
sixx am
skillet
the devil wears prada
theory of a deadman
three days grace
tomba

I didn't really get into music until my teen years, and now I love it and have a ton of music on my iPod. Everything from modern pop artists, to video game soundtracks and, of course, MLP: FiM music (inspired by the show, at least).

I haven't really been updating my iTunes library lately, but I'm fine with it right now.

Music makes me either relaxed, excited, or hardcore. :P When I play my games, do work, etc. music is always a choice for me while doing these activities. I even want to listen to some music while in class, but the teacher would catch me the moment I put on my earphones. :(

When I grew up, I didn't really grow up with music. I was always kept away from music also considering that my parents are kind of overprotective of me even until now. About 5 -7 years back, I discovered this once again. (I know, quite late) Because of my love for music, I started to make some of my own. I try to keep this away from my parents because they don't really know even half the stuff I do. I always keep these things a surprise or a secret. :3

(edited)

Ever since i turned 21 and discovered night clubs and the music that came with them (first new wave nights then alternative then edm) I've been in love and fanscination with it ever since. It's been the primary focus of my life and understanding just how many amazing genres there are and so much great history behind it. The strange part is that its changed in scope since i started making music. When i did I've started listening a lot less bands and virtually no new ones and instead focused my efforts on my own music and a few other peers (after initially listening to a lot more pony music when i started too). While making my own music gives me a whole new way to appreciate music it has made it harder to feel attached to listening to regular music in the same way which is slightly saddening. I really don't want to get burned out on looking for new bands or enjoying old ones.

Ultimately this is how important music is to me and i don't mind leaving a trail of my dedication or appreciation of it.

Edited by Freewave

I listen to music everyday usually on my computer. It makes me happy and I don't know what I would do without it. It has helped me relax and feel better about certain things that have happened to me.

I need music to breathe, I can't imagine life without music. I've been playing violin since I was about 5 years old and I also play piano, clarinet, and guitar. I also sing. For the piano I play by ear which I taught myself to do, i don't actually really know how to play I taught myself everything on the spot. The same goes for singing and guitar. 

And as for listening to music, I'm not picky at all. ALMOST everything goes for me and i am never far away from my ipd

• 2 years later...

It is like the most important thing to me... Whenever I feel really lonely I just listen to music and most times it helps.

Music drives my life. I can't imagine living a life without music, because it's such a perfect mirror for just about every emotion. I was raised with it, really, since my mom hosted a music show on TV in the late 70's and was completely addicted to music herself.

Music is one of the things that keeps me going....Certain songs have helped me get through rough times and other songs have helped cheer me up.I have groups/artist I adore...I Honestly I don't know what I'd do without it.

Eh i have really come off of music lately. Like the past three years I'd say. Mostly because the city I live in has absolutely the worst radio in the entire US. Omg it sucks soooo bad. I don't even turn it on anymore. All they play is Taylor Swift and Rihanna. We do have a classical station that I do listen to and i keep a Spanish station programmed in my radio so I can practice hearing Spanish. Other than that I prefer road noise to the crap that comes out of the radio. My ipod is crammed full of such a wide variety of music but i still get burnt out on the same old stuff.

*looks at previous posts*

*sees how they display just how important music is to them*

*nods head and contemplates the perfect words to say*

*takes a deep breath*

I like music muchly.

(Nailed it.)

Edited by Toothpaste
  • Brohoof 3

I like Music very much. I listen to it every day, when im drawing, when im posting in the Forums, almost always when im not watching something.

It gets me in a better mood and inspires me to draw or create something.

Most of the time i imagine Music Videos in my head...wish i could make some of those.

• Brohoof 1

Music is one of the most important things in all life to me. Music relaxes me, makes me feel a multitude of emotions and inspires my mind. While listening to music, I can vividly come up with ideas in my mind. They usually stay in my mind but whatever. Music at least gives me a lot of inspiration. 

Without music, I would have gone crazy long ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

Very important. Music to me is the best kind of art that has ever existed, without it, I probably wouldn't be alive right now  :P

Favorite Music Genres:

Drum And Bass
Rock
Punk
Dubstep
Electronica
Hip-Hop/Rap
Metal
Country
Alternative
Soundtracks

Favorite Music Artists: