Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Twilicorn Confession Thread

Pinkazoid

(edited)

Alright, I feel this subforums really lacks one of these.

Give your honest opinion on Twilicorn, what you feel the show will come to next season, and the Twilicorn Drama.

What differs this from the other threads is that it is not much for discussion, but rather to give your opinion, and not feel bashed for it.

Please refrain from making your post somewhat provocative by calling someone out/insulting someone directly., please avoid any confrontation, by replying to a provocative post, please do not just post here to tell someone their opinion is wrong, and most of all, just post your honest opinion.

If all goes according to plan, this thread will be to simply relieve some air, and tension from the flamewars and arguments.

Edited by Francis Sparkle

Confession thread? Okay, I begin: *inhale* I actually had faith in Twilicorn when it first was announced *taking cover*

That's how it felt like at first, but I guess the fandom kind of needed time to let the news sink in, several sites where going apeshit about this whole deal. 

Twilicorn does open a lot of doors and possibilities for the show and I quite honestly don't care if Twilight is an Alicorn or not, as long as the idea is well executed and we have a good S4, then I'm more than happy

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Kk. Honestly, I hated the idea and thought it would never happen when the image from Reddit popped up revealing several things, including Twilicorn. Many of us thought it was fake, me included. I thought that if it were to come true, things would get crazy bad.

It was a few months, I think, before it was officially announced by Entertainment Weekly, at which timeI had come a little more to my senses, and instead of mindlessly hating as before, I accepted it, but still wondered how it would all turn out. It actually kinda ruined the second to last episode for me because I JUST WANTED TO SEE THAT FINALE!!!

I watched the finale with an open mind, though, and I'm glad I did. It was great! Sure, there were weak spots, like the pacing issues, which some would argue are not problems. And I wish there would have been a little more time between Twilight getting her wings and the ceremony, but in the end, it turned out pretty well.

At first, after watching the episode, I thought they would keep Twilicorn for sure. I'm holding out, though, because of the tweets from Meghan McCarthy about this being the first three-parter and that it's "The most epic thing they've ever done on pony". Tjis could mean anything, but whatever the case, the season 4 premiere is gonna be epic. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I basically don't care whether they keep Twilicorn or revert to wingless Twily, though I'm leaning to the Twilicorn side.

Edited by MatrixChicken

(edited)

i never liked the idea, im trying hard to accept it but i still don't like it :/

also one HUGE thing that bothers me, her wings look silly. they gave her luna/cadance wings, which of course look fine on luna and cadance because they are taller and appear older, but look ridiculous and oversized on twilight. seriously, couldn't they have just given her regular pegasi wings like rainbow dash's, so they would atleast fit her body type? i know its kinda picky, but if her wings looked normal then they wouldn't bother me.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 3

I was all for Twilight becoming and Alicorn and still  am but because i hate how the did it and the last episode as a whole, people group me with the Twilicorn haters and its annoying  

If it is permanent: I don't think much will make sense. Since she's royalty, most ponies would bow to her. Imagine being among her friends during that? Not sure how that'll pan out, or if it'll even make sense.

Relevant sadness:

oh_what_a_beautiful_mourning_by_pluckyni

• Brohoof 8

Well, I have to say, It won't make much sense If it is permenant! It will all fall apart and so will season 4!  :( they need to think it though before they do stuff like this, It pissed a load of people off, me being one of them!   :angry:

(edited)

It just doesn't feel right. It never felt right, ever since December when I first heard the rumors, and it still didn't at the finale. I want to see new ideas and directions open up for the show, but you know what would really accomplish that? Sending the Mane 6 to different places. Focusing on their characters more. Bringing in background ponies to spice things up. Doing more plot arcs like in Season 1. You don't have to give Twilight Sparkle wings. I care about her. I don't want her fundamental being to change just to force some new ideas into the program or sell toys. When did this become OK? -_-

Not only did Alicorn Twilight not make sense to me, it was not well planned or executed when the time came. And it could have been (check out NorsePony's FIMfiction blog). But the finale didn't even feel like the My Little Pony I know. It's like it was written at the same time as the pilots, and they just took it off the shelf and sent it to the storyboards without any revision.

Did anyone in the writing room ever stop to ask "why?" I can't believe that Hasbro didn't have a hand in it, or that Faust would have done it this way. If it's permanent...well I don't want to think about that. It's hard enough now. For us, what has this really added to the show so far? And for Twilight, what has she really learned?

I think the silence at the end of this video speaks louder than any words.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 3

I like Twilicorn..But i don't.

I just feel as if she's not meant to have wings.

I mean think about a ''What If'' scenario. What if Rainbow Dash had a horn?

It wouldn't fit her character.. 

• Brohoof 2

I have good faith in the writers and I think they know what they are doing.

The song that was at the beginning and end of the finalie made me have some mixed feelings. It almost seemed like a message to the bronies "that everything is going to be fine" due to the negative reaction among some of the bronies.

I was actually hoping for something like Twilight becoming an Alicorn.

I will always support Alicorn Twilight, much the same as I always supported the show throughout all of this inaptly named 'Controversy' that we've had to put up with since the inception of 'Bronydom'.

• Brohoof 1

While I had no objection to her eventually becoming an alicorn and predicted that it would eventually happen  I hated the idea because I felt it was way too soon because it did have nearly enough buildup and development to justify such a drastic change making it feel extremely abrupt, rushed and bringing Twilight dangerously close to Mary Sue territory. The fact that this was not even remotely addressed until the season finale which in and of itself was very rushed did not help matters either. 

Despite my initial misgivings though I am against taking her alicorn status away because I feel that it would make all of this completely meaningless and would be an obvious effort to solve lazy writing with more lazy writing. And I do acknowledge that this can still work but only if Hasbro steps back and lets the writers do their jobs.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

well, i already got pretty much everything out of my system for now, but i think this thread is a good idea, i think everyone would like to get something off their chest about this without being bashed for having an opinion

Edited by Dr. Love
  • Brohoof 2

I had a little bit of misgivings at first.  But then I imagined Twilight Sparkle repeatedly crash landing while she was learning how to fly.  But truthfully I didn't have that much of an opinion. I still don't.  I suppose it has to do with the fact that I never believed the show revolved around twilight sparkle alone.  I'll develope one  when season 4 starts though.  I'm prone to being a bit optimistic.

I've been enthusiastic about the idea since I first heard about it, and I support her royalty 100%.  She's worked hard, grown up a lot, and deserves to be where she is now.

I hope hope HOPE that the writers keep her this way.  I mean, taking away her wings at this point will just make all her hard work pointless!  It'll make the previous seasons mean nothing at all.

At least, that's my opinion.  I love Twilicorn, and I hope she's here to stay :wub:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-When the idea first came out because of the twilicorn sticker I was like "PFFT. Alicorn Twilight? Nuh-uh. Thats impossible, besides it'd be dumb. Then all the ponies would be uneven and all the ponies would have to be alicorns!
-When I saw the episode I thought it was awesome. It was so weird, but so good in my opinion! I think the made it work.

-I hope she dosent keep her hair like that and her weird alicorn shoes.

-Its kind of weird that shes taller then the rest.

-Now its uneven. 2 Earth Ponies, 2 Pegasi, 1 unicorn, 1 alicorn?

-Overall I think its a good idea but has some flaws. Im a pro twilcorn

Edited by Pinkie

No me gusta. I was always sure this would happen eventually. But now seems FAR too soon. I just don't really see why this was a necessary move; they coulda easily done something like ACW, or expanded upon the Crystal Empire, or had a Discord scenario, anything BESIDES this. I just don't see why they needed to do this.

Twily's always been my fave. I just see this as a chance to completely wreck her character, making her lose many of the things myself and others loved about her. Which, to be honest, would be the nail in my coffin. They could do great things with this, but I see much more room for possible bad. I try to remain optimistic, but even I have my limits.

I myself adamantly contend that this ordeal will be a temporary plot device. This whole scenario doesn't seem to fit, and I don't see how this can be a "passive change." I've gathered my evidence, and most of it seems to support temporary AliTwi based upon my interpretation.

Unfortunately, in my paranoia about this issue, I'm unable to quell my own doubts. I won't truly have peace of mind until the S4 opener comes out. Until then, I'm doomed to cycle through doubt and belief, happiness and depression. Not severe, of course, but still a definitive roller-coaster scenario.

I'm reserving final judgement until I see the opener. But, they're straddling a fine line for me. They either do it perfectly, or they lose my viewership and support for anything beyond the 3rd season. I'd be perfectly content to treat MMC as the finale and block out anything after.

tl;dr: I don't see much goodness coming out of this, so I'm saying/ hoping it's not going to be permanent. If it is, they've likely lost my vote.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't like Twilicorn. In my opinion, this is something that should have happened as a series finale, not a season finale. Especially not after JUST the third season. This is way too soon. I feel like there's still so much more Twilight could have learned, and her friendships could have grown stronger without the coronation just fine.

Design wise, Twilight has lost a lot of her appeal. I don't like that she is slightly taller and I don't like how her wings are twice as big as Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash's wings. To me, it feels like she's now so much more superior to all of her friends. Plus she's just not as cute because the large wings are distracting. I feel the group is imbalanced now. Instead of two of each pony types, we have one alicorn and one unicorn.

And while I have faith in the writers, it would be so easy to portray Twilight as being too powerful, or to change her character too much. I'm all for development and progress, but I'm worried Twilight won't be the same anymore. Especially now that she's a princess in addition to being an alicorn.

That said, there's always a chance this whole thing could be reversed, and while I don't think that's the best way to write it all, it can be done effectively. After all, by the time season 4 starts, Hasbro will have sold tons of Twilicorn toys.

If it does end up being permanent, I will still watch the show and see how it fares. I have to be open-minded. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

I originally liked the idea of her turning into an alicorn, I just felt the lead up to it lacked a little. We went from problem in ponyville to princess. It could have been set up better.

Right now she doesn't really seem like a princess, instead its like shes pretending to be one. It could just be because the episode was a musical so I was getting this whole "its a play the ponies are putting on" type feel. I'm sure season 4 will add more to her character that will make it better.

• Brohoof 1

When the infamous reddit post first popped up, I was there to cry "FAKE!" I didn't like the idea of Twilicorn, but I thought that there was no way it'd happen, at least not in the season 3 finale.

When it was confirmed, I went a bit crazy. I actually poured myself a half glass of whiskey with which to drown my sorrows in. Admittedly, I was partly annoyed that my fanfics would no longer be canon, but apart from that, it just made me worry about the show's future.

A while after this I chatted with some online buddies and pretty much calmed down over it. 'Wait until the finale', I thought. 'You can't judge it if you haven't even seen the episode.' Then the episode came, and... I hated it. I absolutely hated it. I became more apprehensive about the show's future than I had been when it was first announced.

At the moment, I still dislike it, but I've calmed down over it somewhat. I realise that until season 4 hits, I shouldn't be worried about it. I don't think I'll ever like the idea, but I can certainly live with it if season 4 is awesome. I'm still apprehensive, and I'll probably be watching the first few episodes of the new season really nervously, but I'm definitely giving the show a chance. Becoming a brony was one of the best decisions I ever made and I'll likely be one until the very end.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

CONFESS?!? OK MY MOM TOLD ME I COULD ONLY EAT 1 CUPCAKE YESTERDAY AND I ATE 2!.

Oh Twilicorn.. Nevermind..

Ok well I honestly wish this drama crap would stop, I don't really think we've seen enough of it to judge it either way, personally I'll say that even myself is more comfortable with regular Twilight, but I'm still comfortable enough after some time with Twilicorn, and now I am on pretty neutral ground for it. I don't really care now all that much either way, even if cosmetically I still think regular Twilight is more adorable.

That said Alicorn Twilight opens many possibilities.

And then I think of it this way, the show was basically going to end right here, I'm pretty sure that originally when the show was planned this was more or less the end of it, but due to the fandom spawned from it and the massive popularity they decided to try and go somewhere for S4, so the way I see it is that it can only be either we get more good MLP or it just stops being good and we got what was originally planned.

I don't have a real say that I know that Twilicorn is good or bad, I just say I wait and see, she hasn't been shown enough for my true feelings about her to come out I guess.

I don't like seeing people fighting over the show's choices in the fandom to be honest though, everytime I see a fight between an Anti Twilicorn and a Pro Twilicorn I get kinda depressed. Thats another reason I'm deciding to be mostly neutral to it.

However I'm normally pretty easy to please I'll admit, so the show will have to be pretty bad for me to dislike it. With as much love as I have for the show I don't want to certainly just go pessimistic and say that S4 will suck, but I also don't wanna over hype myself for S4 and be disappointed.

Regardless I hope the fandom can stay together for the most part through all of this, this fighting can be kinda depressing to me Tbh :/. I try not to visit this subforum to much to avoid it, but it does show in the recently updated list and stuff, and me being the posting maniac I am have to visit them for somereason. Oh well.

Ok I think thats all.. *Whew* That was a mouthful :P.

I would like to add though that I am kinda worried, not sure why but I am. All the disagreements and such doesn't really help that either.

If something happens to this fandom, or maybe this show I'll be quite sad to be honest :/. And depressed.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

I disliked the idea initially, and after watching the episode it only made me dislike it more. I recognize that this has a lot of storytelling potential and that it shows progress for Twilight's character, but after Season 2 where everyone started writing letters and the focus got spread out a bit I sort of got attached to the idea of MLP as a show without a "Main" character, just six extremely interesting ones to be developed and focused on (ideally) evenly. The Ascension almost seems to frame the other Elements as (important) steppingstones to get Twilight where she is today, rather than equals. This rubs me the wrong way, and for this reason one of my biggest wishes for future seasons is to get a two part episode that either balances focus entirely, or gives center stage to someone who isn't Twilight.

• Brohoof 4

The more time has passed, I think my view has sort of softened on the while issue. Not that I like it, mind you, but I've sort of reached an equilibrium with it. I've come to accept that this this is how it's going to be from now on. Twilicorn is reality, there's no point in getting emotional about it.

I'm still concerned about the idea, but I see no point in raising holy hell.