Soda, pop, tonic, coke, other.  

119 users have voted

1. 1. What do you call soft drinks?

• Soda
    • Pop
    • Coke
    • Tonic
    • Other (Please specify)

Pop, like any other normal superior person. Soda is for the inferior and laughable coast dwellers, coke is for the uneducated Southerners and tonic is for foreigners

#PopMasterRace

Edited by 24601
  • Brohoof 1

Cold one

Beverage

Drink

Coke

Soda

That's what I usually call them. Pop sounds weird. If someone asked me "you want a pop?" First thing that would go on my mind is "are they talking about drugs?" Soda pop I get, but not just "pop."

• Brohoof 1

Coke (no matter if it is actualy coke or pepsi or whatever brand), anything fruity with water (and gas) is lemonade, juice mixed with (mineral) water is a spritzer

soda. it just sounds the most delicious to me. i don't live in a English speaking country, so i've never heard that much of the other slangs for soda like pop and the like (plus pop just sounds silly to me. HEY KID WANNA POP. SURE THANG MANG).

• Brohoof 1

Soft Drink. 

Unless it's actually a Coke, in which case, I call it Coke. No one here says soda... except mother when she tries to sound American. LxdwA.png

I call it by whatever it is.

Coke is Coke, Sprite is Sprite etc.

The only general term I've ever used for all of it is 'Fizzy', but I rarely use that.

• 4 months later...

Okay, I've had this question for quite a while now, and I finally got to making a thread for it. What is pop/soda to you. I'm not asking what you normally say (for example, I say the appropriate one for wherever I am.) I am asking what you first called pop/soda. Pop or soda. So, vote above, and if you want to say anything; go ahead.

I was born mainly in an area where they said soda. However, both my parents were from areas that said pop. So, I was taught to call it pop. Nowadays, I just say the appropriate one for wherever I may be.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really drink it that much as I am more of an orange juice guy myself, but I usually just call it soda but if someone really is used to calling it pop I won't make much of a fuss about it.

• Brohoof 1

well, where i live they call it 'frisdrank' but i always just call it 'fris' 

but when i'm in an conversation in english i always call it soda. i didn't even know pop was a thing until now :P

(edited)

I usually call it whatever it is, like "Coke" or "Dr. Pepper" or "Orange Crush".

However, I've called it soda as long as I can remember. I had a friend when I was young who called it pop and couldn't wrap his head around it being called "soda". It was kinda funny :P

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 2

"Pop" sounds really weird. I think Soda sounds more natural. Pop sounds really fancy..

Anyway, I don't drink soda that much anymore.. I can't handle the sugar in it. I'd rather have it with ten calories where it barely has any sugar.

Well, in the area I live in we actually call them fizzy drinks rather than soda or pop, but I guess the name that I use the most out of either of them would be soda.

(edited)

God my wifi sucking today second time tribg to post this, I live in the western New York area, it is refered to as pop, we can tell when someone is from out of cause they call it soda

Edited by DaReaper