Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Underrated MLP Characters Fan Club

Blue Moon

For me, Thunderlane seems like a pretty cool dude. 
thunderlane_01_display.png
He seems like a fit athletic person, since his wing power was pretty decent in that Hurricane Fluttershy episode. He's got that badass rockstar manecut, and his color scheme looks pretty cool.

Nothing else I can say here xP I haven't really focused into any detail other than that pretty much >.<

• Brohoof 3

King Sombra, Some people dont realize that before the silmarillion Sauron who Sombra is based off to also had no personality. actually the more we know of sauron the less scary he is. in LOTR he is satan, in the other works he is the right hand of satan.

• Brohoof 2

The dood with half of his MOUSTAAAACHE! gone was a great way to set the tone for the series, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of him in a background role. Maybe at a party Rarity throws or something.

Stephen Magnet the Sea Serpent? Sure, but he'd be way too easy to spot.

The Spa Ponies, Aloe and Lotus, also need more love. And more screentime. And if the writers could explain how PONIES with LARGE ROUND HOOVES managed to become PROFESSIONAL MASSEUSES, that'd be great. Also, while I can't say I object to the fanart and clopfics about Aloe and Lotus, I'm still waiting and searching for a fic that shows the Spa Ponies actually Spa-ing. By which I mean, working at the Spa. And that Spa-ing/Sparring joke is going to be in the next chapter of my OC's fanfic. It's mine. I called dibs.

So... Yeah. Aloe and Lotus for the win!

• Brohoof 2

I have a feeling she's already been mentioned but I love Nurse Redheart. I didn't really before I started roleplaying as her and the headcanon I've developed probably helps with that but I really do love her. :)

sP6Wdic.jpg
A favourite picture. :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

img-1427168-1-Pinkie_Pie_whoa!_S2E13.png

Like always I think Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are very underrated characters. Most people are turned off by them because they can fly and use magic at a very young age. Still did we not expect the writers not to do this? They should have made them both earth ponies if they weren't going to have them do that.

I also feel at times Pound and Pumpkin could be characters that could calm Pinkie Pie down. Now I love crazy Pinkie Pie, but I know some people don't like how she is just crazy all the time. So with the twins maybe she would be a bit more tamed, but still have a good amount of the Pinkie energy. I beat that they could easily find the real Pinkie Pie in, To Many Pinkie Pies, no problem.

Last thing is the Cake twins can really add more to the world of Equestria because they are young. They are new to the world and everything around them is brand new. We could learn more about Hearts Warming Eve and what other things come of this day or maybe look at a new Holiday. True you could use the CMC, but they most likely have done it already and it would just feel forsted if they had to explain what they are doing just for us.

Man that was long.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 2

Truly there are many underrated characters in the franchise.

Spike, the mayor, nurse redheart, so many...

But you guys forgot Ms. Peachbottom!

Ms._Peachbottom_id_S3E12.png

The episode was mediocre, but it was the moments and tiny details that made it worth while, and that includes her!

She was funny, memorable, adorable, and the way she flirted with shining armor was hilarious! XD

• Brohoof 2

I don't like Lightning Dust. LD is what most fans expect Rainbow Dash to be. LD is a sociopath and reckless. I like ponies like Lyra and Bon Bon. Also Vinyl and Octavia 

Oh, sweet a underrated character fan club! Hmm.. where do I start?

I would say Cloud Kicker, but we all know amazing she is. Instead, I'll put the rest of my background/underrated character to Vinyl and Octavia. :)

They are musicians like Lyra, and plus they both have marefriends.

Plus, they both had a pretty interesting vampire fan fiction about Vinyl & Octavia.

71751__grimdark_vinyl-scratch_octavia_va

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

THIS POST IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Edited by (Delete) NoOneImportant
Say hello to Hell's Incarnate

I still think Applejack is much underrated for being in the Mane 6. Not a lot of people seem to have been attracted to her character. I personally love all the attributes of Applejack. Strong, responsible, honest, hardworking and she still in my opinion needs a little bit of extra time on air to maybe demonstrate she ain't a one trick pony that can only do apple-bucking.

• Brohoof 2

I have a feeling she's already been mentioned but I love Nurse Redheart. I didn't really before I started roleplaying as her and the headcanon I've developed probably helps with that but I really do love her. smile.png

img-1427093-1-sP6Wdic.jpg

A favourite picture. smile.png

Never really paid much attention to Nurse Redheart, but that picture is pretty adorable and I might do some research on that character later because of it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Scootaloo. Her colors are cool, her hair is cool, I like how she can ride a scooter like an air boat, and she is a filly. what more do you need?

Edited by Teh Lemonz
  • Brohoof 1

Scootaloo. Her colors are cool, her hair is cool, I like how she can ride a scooter like an air boat, and she is a filly. what more do you need?

Scootaloo is awesome and adorable. Second favorite Cutie Mark Crusader. But you forgot to mention how she is an awesome singer (see Bad Seed Song) and she has a wonderful personality (see Sleepless in Ponyville)

• Brohoof 2

Scootaloo is awesome and adorable. Second favorite Cutie Mark Crusader. But you forgot to mention how she is an awesome singer (see Bad Seed Song) and she has a wonderful personality (see Sleepless in Ponyville)

I don't get why so many people dislike her. There is no reason to hate her (the proof has been provided) and she has many things going for her, like her compatibility with Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 2

I don't get why so many people dislike her. There is no reason to hate her (the proof has been provided) and she has many things going for her, like her compatibility with Rainbow Dash.

Yeah, I love Scootaloo's relationship with Rainbow Dash. It's so cute! But my favorite CMC still belongs to Sweetie Belle, who I am not sure is underrated or not. If anyone could tell me this, I would be very thankful.

But speaking of fillies, I have another underrated character. I know she has been mentioned already, but it was as a pair and she needs some alone spotlight. Here is Silver Spoon, a really cute character who I like a lot and wish wasn't mean. I mean, look at her.

tumblr_mec09eKcnq1r3r1ba.png

Her glasses are adorable. (I like glasses on characters.)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You know who I thought was really cool yet doesn't get enough love? 

20111125174341!Little_Strongheart_First_

Little Strongheart.

It's been a while since I've seen Over a Barrel, but I always thought she was really awesome, I hope to see her again in season 4

Edited by Super Kami Guru
  • Brohoof 8

You know who I thought was really cool yet doesn't get enough love? 

20111125174341!Little_Strongheart_First_

Little Strongheart.

It's been a while since I've seen Over a Barrel, but I always thought she was really awesome, I hope to see her again in season 4

I remember her! That cute little buffalo. I liked her design the moment she was first on screen and I love her voice. Also wish to see her in season 4.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Oh gosh, I think there are an absolute ton of characters that go underrated. It's because every character in the show is lovable in some way (okay, almost every!) and those on the sidelines don't get enough love... must correlate to not enough spotlight.

Anyway! I'll say Pinkie Pie right away; even though she's pretty much loved by everyone, she still deserves even more love. Seeing as she's amazing and all. smile.png

But actually, I've only just realised that one of the most underrated characters in the show is Granny Smith - the kind grandmotherly figure that gets forgotten a lot! I thought Family Appreciation Day was really lovely, but not many of us remember it. She's a loving family member with greatly under-appreciated comedy value smile.png She's the reminder of that one bananas member of your family that gets into antics, maybe dancing down the street or suddenly donning a bunny suit:

Granny_Smith_notices_Filthy_Rich_S2E12.p

I also like how she just doesn't care. Same reason I love Soarin' - she's perfectly happy with doing whatever seems pleasing to her at the time, and the fact that she doesn't realise any embarrassment she causes fellow family members... is actually kinda sweet! smile.png

Plus, she looked surprisingly cute in her flashback to her teen years (still has nothing on Pinkie :3)

tumblr_ly5b4810J71r878jto1_500.png

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 6

post-13775-0-78565900-1367648731_thumb.png

Thunderlane seems like he'd be a cool stallion with a nice disposition.  I like his design and hope to see more of him in the future.  

• Brohoof 6

• 2 months later...

Does Rarity count? Last time I checked, she had the lowest score in the "who's your favorite mane 6 pony" poll. I feel a lot of people are pushed away by her girlishness, but I find her to be one of the most complex characters. 

Also, what about Caramel? I don't really know much about him, but I included him in a fanfic.

img-1422202-1-48792%20-%20caramel%20emba

Yeah, Caramel is pretty underrated. He seems like a shy or sensitive type stallion, and I wish he got more attention as well in the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Two words: Pony Thor.

I think he was in the queue of Ponies outside Sweet Apple Acres, during the Apple Cider Season where Applejack met The Flim Flam Brothers for the first time.

Ah yes, Mjolna. 

Mjolna_in_crowd_S02E15.png

How can a Norse goddess not be featured more prominently? 

There's also a pony I really thought would've caught on.

sig-3867920.sig-3867920.920391__safe_ani

Silent Gesture (at least that's what I call her anyways). How can you not like a mime pony?

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 3