Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think that Rainbow Dash and Rarity get along?

Harmony Spark

I have to admit, I'm confused whether Rainbow or Rarity get along. Granted they both get very different personalities, so its obvious that they wont get along immediately. However, I like their friendship for example in Sonic Rainboom, but I haven't basically saw any scenes that shows that same kind in more recent episodes (except Games Ponies Play) and i may be overreacting but that's what I honestly think. What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Well of course they get along, the mane six are all best friends. They may not always have the same views and they may have very different personalities, but that doesn't mean they don't get along.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Have they ever hung out as a pair in a single episode? Has anyone every shipped them together?  Very strange, I'd have to say no to both of those. Seems like they really wouldn't have anything much in common at all to even talk or fight about. Maybe they are just friends of friends.

Edited by Freewave

Yeah, you got a good point.

Never have I seen a true episode where they are socializing constantly.

It's kind of like fluttershy with applejack, or pinkie pie and rarity, they don't socialize or interact a lot, but they are all friends.

But it's alright I guess, but what I don't get is the shipping between the two, I don't get it. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Has anyone every shipped them together?

You rang wink.png? Third best ship. There are some people on FiMFiction named Cynewulf and RazedRainbow that love it.

Of course they're friends. They may not think that they have a lot in common (they're completely wrong, actually) but I think they genuinely do enjoy each other's company.  I think that they are long overdue for a friendshipping episode, much like Look Before You Sleep was for Rarity and Applejack. I wouldn't be surprised if we got one in Season 4.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

But it's alright I guess, but what I don't get is the shipping between the two, I don't get it. 

Opposites attract is the operative maxim for that particular shipping. 

The group dynamic as a whole mirrors real life groups of friends about that size fairly well. Normally within a group you'll have your favorites and others you don't talk to as often, but still can hang out with because your friends do.

Edited by Katella Avenue

Interesting point yeah I haven't really seen them interact that much on the show except for the sonic rainboom episode. I think they are still good friends none the less though. 

• Brohoof 1

Opposites attract is the operative maxim for that particular shipping. 

The group dynamic as a whole mirrors real life groups of friends about that size fairly well. Normally within a group you'll have your favorites and others you don't talk to as often, but still can hang out with because your friends do.

You just blew my mind.

Then again, shipping is available for all of the mane 6.

Well, you got a good point, otherwise, we wouldn't have other shipping like raripie and twishy. 

Surprisingly well, yes. Their fans sure don't but that's a different story <:'3

I actually made a topic once upon a time that talked a bit about the relationship between Rarity and Dash compared to that of Rarity and AJ, and comparing those in-show relationships to the contrasting ones that the fans of those ponies had, in the fandom. Rarity and Dash get along exceedingly well from what I've seen, whereas AJ and Rarity are always at each others' throats. A bit strange considering AJ and Dash are both tomboy-ish (albeit a bit different in the ways they portray it), whilst Rarity is prone to be more girly girl at times. You'd think she'd at least be at odds with both of them, but not really. I suppose it may have to do with the fact that AJ has a core problem with Rarity's need to be clean and precise, and vice-versa, whereas...Dash doesn't really fit into that equation, because she's neither rugged and 'down n' dirty' like AJ often is, but isn't a neat freak like Rarity is, either.

That said, like others have mentioned, Rarity and Dash are an example of two Mane Six that haven't had a boatload of solo interaction time, thus far, so I suppose it's a bit hard to tell for certain.

• Brohoof 2

Yes they probably do, they have their differences but it seems like Applejack and Rarity are at odds more than Rainbow Dash and Rarity which I find pretty interesting because I think Applejack and Rarity have slightly more in common than Rainbow Dash and Rarity do even though they can also in many ways be called opposites.

They do get along, even if they do have different point of views and interests. A lot of people get along when they have different sides to one coin but, the thing is the Mane 6 haven't really had enough interaction with just one pony. But, they do share common goals.

I think the bigger question to ask would be if Rainbow Dash and Rarity would get along if they never went through the Elements of Harmony thing (i.e. that alternate universe where Twilight never came to Ponyville).  It would have been a lot harder for Rarity to be friends with Rainbow and Applejack for that matter without Twilight, since she would view both of them as simply too uncouth to be associated with her.  

But then again, Rarity thinks EVERYTHING'S uncouth, so I might be wrong.

They're best friends of course! For crying out loud, they're the Mane 6 and they already confirmed this very fact with each other! Now, if only we had an episode that explored their friendship...

(edited)

Of course they get along. On the surface, they appear to have nothing in common. Rarity is probably the most feminine pony in the group, and Rainbow Dash is very tomboyish, so they have very different interests. Rainbow loves sports, Rarity loves fashion. And yet, they both crave attention. They thrive in the spotlight. They're ponies with big dreams and aspirations. Rarity wants to become a fashion star and better her business. Rainbow Dash wants to finally become a Wonderbolt. They're both very comfortable in their own skin too! Rarity is vain and conceited, while Dash is very egotistical and confident.They both have an interest in style as well, because we've seen Rainbow Dash use style as an important attribute for finding the perfect pet. Unlike Applejack who hates formal attire, Dash doesn't mind it as long as it's "cool." Honestly, RD and Rarity have a lot more in common than you'd think.

Also, Rarity has been saved by Rainbow Dash numerous times. Sonic Rainboom, Secret of My Excess, and Wonderbolts Academy, to name the big ones. But at the same time, Rarity cares for Dash and wants to help her too. In Sonic Rainboom, it was Rarity who volunteered to use Twilight's test spell because she wanted to be at the competition to cheer for Dash, even going as far as saying:

Twilight Sparkle: Ok... But who's gonna volunteer to be the test subject?

Rarity: I will! For Rainbow Dash, I will go first.

Now, we know how she got carried away and almost got herself killed, but it's clear she had very noble intentions at first. It's safe to say these two have enough common ground to get along, but they have plenty of healthy differences as well, and they embrace those differences.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 5

Howdy folks!

Oh yes those 2 get along.

Wouldnt mind an episode in S4 between them.

(Ala Applejack & Rarity from S1 Look Before You Sleep)

In The Last Roundup (S2) The scene with Rarity & Pinkie cracked me up as Rarity sez When I get back youre going to get it Rainbow Dash! laugh.png  (Would be interesting to see what she does to RD when she returns)

See ya!

I hope their relationship will be explored more in season four.

I always thought Rarity had this faint hope that Rainbow would give up her tomboyish ways in order to enter the world of fashion, because of her rainbow colored mane. She could be Photo Finish's next star!

... I go.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Sure, they may not have a whole lot in common in the way of hobbies...and sure, the show has yet to explore their friendship in the same way it has explored, say, Rare and Flutters's friendship. But the fact that Rare basically owes Dashie her life kind of sets the stage for what, in my mind, should be one of the deepest friendships in the show.

So, hopefully that gets explored in season 4. After all, don't we need more Rarity episodes, anyway? biggrin.png

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 2

One can only hope they get along, what with them being best friend. I think friendship would be difficult if you hated each other.

As for how well they get along, I think they might get along better than most would think. Opposites attract, y'know. btw i totally ship them

I feel like the do get along, but they need te mane 6 to keep them friends.

Like, if the Mane 6 weren't friends, Rarity and Rainbow would eventually get in a fight and not be friends anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope their relationship will be explored more in season four.

I always thought Rarity had this faint hope that Rainbow would give up her tomboyish ways in order to enter the world of fashion, because of her rainbow colored mane. She could be Photo Finish's next star!

... I go.

You may have a point there. IMO, Dash did look the ebst at the Gala.

I've always felt that the two of them have more in common regarding their personalities than they let on .(And yet, Rarity is my favorite while Dash ranks at the bottom. Go fig.) They both crave attention and have sizable egos - whether they show it in the form of cockiness or vanity- but are both extremely outgoing (only Pinkie Pie outshines them in this department), driven and goal oriented, and while they can seem self centered at the surface, their core elements of Generosity and Loyalty are inherently selfless.

This relationship really needs to be explored. I honestly can't recall any interaction between just the two of them aside from a certain famous meme-generating moment from Suited for Success.

• Brohoof 1

I believe they do.  Even in season 1, they seemed to be close.  Rainbow Dash was willing to modle for Rarity, even though she hated it.  Rarity was willing to be the test subject for Twilight's wing spell.  Yeah, I'd say they were friends before Twilight came to town.  I would like to know how they became friends in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

These two remind me more of sisters then any pairing. So differnt yet so very similar. They do not share a lot of screen time together as I would assume for that reason. You have two mares who love the best...of differnt things but they won't settle for less.

They haven't had much interaction between them, from what has been shown. I'd think because they're so different in personality; if it weren't for the Elements of Harmony, I doubt they would have talked to each other at all. I'd be interested to see them interacting one on one, they wouldn't have too much to talk about though. I think more on their relationship will be revealed in Season 4.