Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Worst Trait

Prince Lightning Da Cute

I guess it would have to be that I'm just too damn awesome.

Actually I have garbage self-esteem, no confidence, social anxiety, etc.  But if I had to pick a worst trait, I guess I would have to say my self-hating tendencies.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Perfectionism- I tend to be too perfectionist most times that even one little flaw may make me feel like trash.

Bad temper- Yes, I can get angry easily IRL.

Arrogance

Obstinacy

Social anxiety

Edited by NoeI

(edited)

Can't choose just one! Lol. No, seriously, my worst three are: being gossipy, getting jealous and being dishonest. Although, since I'm a Buddhist I have learned to see the positive side of all three of them.

Gossipy means I'm interested in people and pay attention to details about them

Getting jealous allows me to motivate myself

Dishonesty makes me...a better storyteller, I guess? Sure!

Edited by Carolina

(edited)

Now that I think about it properly, I do have this one trait which I really wanna do away with. I always feel like I have to be stronger than is possible for me and that I shouldn't ever show any kind of weakness. I love being there to help people, but I'm always reluctant to ask for help when I need it. It's kinda confusing... :adorkable:

Edited by LittleMac

I don't have one major flaw, but I procrasionate, i'm terribly socially awkward (and it sucks, though it's funny that I thought I was good socially until middle school), I have this thing were I insult people or come off as a jerk without meaning to, i'm easily distracted, whenever I make the tiniest mistake in, say, school or I say something uncalled for for a few days I am extremely pessimistic and moody, i'm apparently quite lazy unless I actually care about what i'm working on and I set unreasonably high expectations for myself.

• Brohoof 1

Probably my lack of self-motivation

I've struggled with this for years.  I had often wondered "what's the point?" in almost everything that I did or was trying to accomplish, and I always used to bum myself out of pursuing certain aspirations as a result.  It's gotten better though, albeit it took about a decade, but I've managed to build up my self-esteem and confidence.  

But, I'm also a heavy procrastinator.  It's pretty bad.   :sunny:

I'm absolutely apprehensive on mostly anything that has to do with my responsabilites, likewise I'm sickeningly envious, especially if any kind of art is involved. This last fact about me comes out as a double edged sword really, even if I can't feel comfortable with my own creations, it holds the advantage of stimulating me to improve.

The fact that I'm socially awkward, and, in my eyes, come across as "robotic" in a way....

That and the fact that I sometimes have trouble just saying "No".  >.>

This is more of an ironic trait than a "worst" trait.

So, I'll assume most of you are familiar with the terms: introvert, ambivert, and extrovert.

I have a sort of contradiction on my hands here...

You see, I am an introvert.  I much prefer to spend more time away from other people.  I don't like big crowds.  I don't like unwanted attention.  I don't like parties (by this I mean, I don't like the stereotypical "party hard" kind of parties, but family parties are okay).  I think more clearly alone.  Socializing a lot drains me of energy.

But...

I have no issues with being... one of those students who talks the most/answers the most... And I have no trouble with speeches in front of the class, either.  So, people mistakenly think I'm extroverted because of how outspoken I seem to be in class.

Truth is, I'm not outgoing at all.  I may talk a lot in class, but as soon as class is over, I head back to my dorm.  I don't hang out with anyone.  I don't have a "usual group/clique of friends" that I chill with.  It's just me, and of course my roommate (and believe it or not, despite him being my closest friend at my college, there's been times where I wished he wasn't in the dorm with me because I wished to be alone).

Some might say in response to me, "Well, since you say you don't have any problem being outspoken in class, maybe you're an ambivert."

And that brings me to a very specific rebuttal.

There's a difference between "outgoing" and "outspoken" - and, there's a difference between "shy" and "gun-shy."

An "outgoing introvert" would be more likely to be an ambivert.
A "gun-shy extrovert" would be more likely to be an ambivert, too.

But... 

A "shy extrovert" is still an extrovert, and an "outspoken introvert" is still an introvert.  I so happen to be the latter, an outspoken introvert.  

The trouble it brings me is that, because people assume I'm an extrovert or an ambivert, they don't realize that I'm actually an introvert.  

I mean... I love to love, and so I love people, but it's a distant feeling.  I'm not anti-social at all.  I'm just...

Well...

I'm an INFJ.

I prefer to have close one on one friendships with people.

And that's why my "worst" trait is also my best trait.  'Cause I like who I am, even though others don't understand me sometimes.

~ Miles

Not being to finish a project after starting. Don't even know how many times I've scrapped a drawing or idea just because it wasn't going in the perfect direction.

I guess mine would be times where i seem to lose it while writing my dark stories; venting out my bad thoughts. Which in turn seem like i'm going crazy. I'll start laughing for no apparent reason, and it sounds just creepy afterward.

• 3 weeks later...

A tendency of becoming negative/apathetic sometimes if I allow depressive thoughts reside in my mind for too long. I have become a lot better of handling those thoughts these days for sure though and for the better.