Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Makes You Nervous/Anxious?

Social situations. OMG social situations give me so much anxiety, because I do have social anxiety disorder. It can be kind of draining after a while to constantly be nervous around people. And I think I probably look creepy sometimes because of how I act around people (shuffling, eyes to the floor, quiet, etc).

Is there like anything that does not make me nervous or anxious :P.

Ok well i'm sure there is, but regardless.

Well first and foremost, talking to people IRL can sometimes make me nervous or anxious, to the point where I forget how to talk it seems at times. 

Or sometimes I just am to shy to say anything.

Speaking in front of people makes me nervous, i really don't like it much, despite the fact I'm fine with skits and acting and stuff.

I get anxious when I do something out of my routine really. I'm a pretty routine set person generally, so doing stuff out of the ordinary can get me worried and anxious at times.

Sometimes even the dark gets me anxious, not that i'm totally scared of it, I mean I partially am, its just you don't get as easy a view of people in the dark, and people just tend to surprise me more in it. It also always makes me worry that someone may come in with intentions on harming me.

The first day of school always makes me anxious, because I'm most afraid I'll forget part of my schedule or something important. I also get anxious during regular days of school, but to a lesser extent for mostly the same reasons.

Waiting can make me anxious, depending on what i'm waiting for.

I get kinda anxious when i hear my brother or anyones footsteps in the hall because my room door has no lock so they can barge in anytime they want, and I don't want them finding out i'm a brony or anything being a closet brony, plus I enjoy my privacy anyways. :/.

Um, I guess thats all I can think of for now, i'm sure theres more though, but i just can't think of anything else.

(edited)

To be plain, simple and straight to the point,

the main thing that gets me feeling nervous/anxious are basically anything that makes me stand out from amongst a moderate or large+ crowd. This includes things like presentations, putting out artwork (except on my sig thread/sig threads. Requests diminish the fear/anxiety for some reason), etc.

I'm just a person who favours the shadows so to speak.

Edited by Lugia
  • Brohoof 1

Plenty of things make me nervous or anxious. This is one of my biggest problems, though anxiety problems are rampant in my family. Combine that with my already strange mind and this recipe leads to some...not good...results.

Being around groups of people (especially people I do not know), social interaction in general with people I don't know, hospitals, loud/sudden noises, rapid changes in plans, being rushed, over-thinking (I do that a lot), and other stuff. I get nervous/stressed out quite easily.  :blink:

This is up there with my depression and self esteem in terms of 'this isn't fun' factor. 

Being watched.

No matter what I'm doing, skateboarding, writing, walking, even if I'm talking directly to people I don't like being watched, at all. I almost broke my hand the other week because three guys walking past while I was practicing on my skateboard in a school carpark. It just really freaks me out when other people watch me, yet, I'm afraid to be alone.

• 6 years later...

Too many things to list... Let's just say I'm anxious more often than I am basically anything else. But if you really want to know:

• Talking to people (pretty much period)
  • Waiting for something
  • Thinking about life
  • Starting off on pretty much anything
  • Being watched by other people 
  • Thinking about everything that could go wrong in the future
  • Probably a lot more $#!+ (I'm busy thinking through my PoE build right now, so I'll probably edit again later)
Edited by Spider Demon

Damn near everything, but it's tolerable unless it involves other people. It's one of the reasons I had to quit my last job, because I'd always get super nervous for no reason whenever one of my coworkers walked into the room, and the stress was getting to be too much.

Thinking about the future is another one. If I can't make my current dream job work out (2 days in and it's feeling great, but there's no promise it'll be profitable), then I'd have to go back to working eight hour shifts at a company I couldn't care less about again and I'm not sure if I could handle that. Five months at my last job pushed me past my limit, and I don't think I can go back to something like that.

• Brohoof 1

• Speaking in front of a group of people 
  • Driving alone in an area I am not familiar with
  • Being home alone at night
  • Significant other wanting to talk about something serious
  • Having my blood drawn or getting a vaccine

Life in general. From petty exams, presenting myself.. to talking with people and work. 

I literally get sick to my stomach if I have to talk on the phone. If I have to make a call, or know I'm going to receive one, I get all sick and mangled up inside. I don't know why because I don't mind talking to people in person, but being on the phone is horrible for some reason. 

• Brohoof 2

On 10/19/2019 at 12:58 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I literally get sick to my stomach if I have to talk on the phone. If I have to make a call, or know I'm going to receive one, I get all sick and mangled up inside. I don't know why because I don't mind talking to people in person, but being on the phone is horrible for some reason. 

I totally used to be like this as well, and I still am, really, but what I think is really cool is the fact that phones (meaning voice), have really gone extinct for the most part.  It's all text and online business now.  Nobody I know talks on the phone anymore.  I used to get nervous just to call a friend, but now we use a private message board called Riot to keep in touch.  I can't remember the last time I actually made a traditional phone call.  Phones are a fear I never needed to get over, because the whole institution just went away.

• 2 weeks later...

I have so many anxieties. I'm even on medication to help with them, and I suppose I'm better now than I used to be. I still have a lot of social anxiety though. I love friends, but actually making friends is so hard for me. I'm especially anxious about being forever single. I guess I'm young and there's still plenty of time for me to get married, but I'd really love to settle down sooner than later. It might also help with the awful loneliness I often feel. :twismile:

When boys ask me out, or ask me to slow dance... I'm very uncomfortable around guys because I haven't had the best history with them. 

I have very few guy friends and I still am trying to get past the stuff that has happened to me. 

But whenever they ask me, I am so on the spot I don't know how to say the word no. 

I just don't like when people "like" me that way. It genuinely makes me feel nervous and afraid of what's going to happen if we get closer.

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1

- the wait before my shift starts

- having to talk over the phone

- submitting an assignment

- exams

- at work, when people watch me make their drink

• 2 months later...

Everything, everything. 

Just today I missed meeting up with someone because I was too nervous to leave a previous meetup. I had no reason to stay, but I would have had to say goodbye to everyone and find my way to the other location, and for some reason the idea of doing that filled me with dread. 

• Brohoof 5