Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you buy your games pre-owned or new?

Jibbs93

Pre-owned or New?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Pre-owned or New?

• Pre-owned
    • New

As the question states, do you normally buy new or pre-owned games? Or do you even buy physical copies of games anymore?

I'd normally buy my games pre-owned more often than new, but it depends on what the game is. If I've been hearing good things about a multiplayer game or have already played the previous games in a single-player series, I'll buy new.

I do love some of the deals that you can get on pre-owned games, but I regularly get the 'scratched pre-owned' copy, which is starting to get frustrating, as it means I have to return to the shop I bought it from and convince the sometimes unwielding shop assistant that the game was broken from the time of purchase. For example, today I bought Mass Effect. I already had the game, but my copy was broken by a friend, and I didn't make him replace it or anyhting like that (it was an accident). I loved the game, so you can imagine my disappointment when I get home and it isn't working properly.

So that's my story, what's yours? And if you buy downloadable copies of games, have you ever had any problems, and did you manage to solve them if so?

Edited by GJB93

I do both of these options.

For a good example,

Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 and 2008 is something you cant find on the shelfs today, exept on the pre-owned.

So yes, some games i buy pre-owned. But mostly i buy new games :3

• Brohoof 1

There was once a time I'd absolutely refuse to buy any game if it wasn't brand new, but now I'm more easy going. If it's a new game, then of course I'd like to have a new copy since 5 bucks off isn't saving me anything, but if it's an old game or something I've had before then I don't mind buying a used. Usually that's all they have here anyway if it's more than a couple years old.

And I do buy downloadable copies off of Steam and haven't had any problems, I love how Steam even keeps it updated for you.

Edited by Demi

I play DS, PS2, and PC. Finding new games for DS is difficult, and on PS2 it's nearly impossible, so I get those used. On PC, I buy mostly from steam, and you cant really say a digital copy is new or used, can you, since it's not a physical object.

Recently, I've been trying to buy more games new. Only reason not to buy new is if there's a game I can't find new anymore. Although I really hate giving EB Games money; I'd much rather give it to the people who made the game.

• Brohoof 1