Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you buy your games pre-owned or new?

Jibbs93

Pre-owned or New?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Pre-owned or New?

• Pre-owned
    • New

As a person whose only consoles are classics, like the SNES, I can't really buy games new off the store shelf, right? :P So it's pre-owned for me. The PC used game market is nonexistent due to DRM, so...

However, I may be acquiring a lolWii soon, but any games I buy for that will be used as well. I simply cannot afford to pay full retail for a game, and I'm not so impatient that I have to buy games brand new hot-off-the-shelf, anyway.

Usually Pre-owned, sometimes new for games that were just released. The GameStop closest to me is pretty cool about that kind of stuff. Once I had a PSP that was bricked by an update, it was past their 30 day exchange period by like 2-3 days. They happily took it and exchanged it with another anyway, because ti wasn't my fault. So at least if something goes wrong, I know I can trust my local store. Trade in values still suck though, haha.

Depends. Almost all my Wii games except Skyward Sword are pre-owned. Usually I buy new for Xbox, because I wait a while for the games. Only pre-owned I have for Xbox is the first Halo game. And maybe my copy of Bioshock. Oh and ME1. Oops.

Then the only PC games I play are The Sims and TF2 (yeahhhhh Pyros! :D)

I used to buy primarily used games wherever I could, but as I've entered into new states of economic providence, I have taken to buying games new where possible, with a decent number of collectors editions for select games.

I still buy a decent number of used games, but they're mostly for outdated consoles that you simply cannot buy new games for.

I can't say I have ever bought a pre owned game, however I have no reasoning as to why, if its a really old game/console, I'd just get an emulator for it and use that.

I can't say I have ever bought a pre owned game, however I have no reasoning as to why, if its a really old game/console, I'd just get an emulator for it and use that.

I have nothing against emulation to be sure, but at the same time I don't really feel that it's the same as having a physical copy on-hand, which is why I keep a look out for old games at local junk stores from time to time.

I have nothing against emulation to be sure, but at the same time I don't really feel that it's the same as having a physical copy on-hand, which is why I keep a look out for old games at local junk stores from time to time.

I understand what you are coming at, but sometimes its really hard to find a pre-owned old console, and sometimes looking for it, and spending money on it seems like a waste, especially if its only for one or two games, which in most cases for me, when I get an emulator I only play like 5 or 6 games with it.

It depends on what system it's for, how badly I want it and if I can afford it. Older systems like N64 and PS2 I buy pre-owned, since it's hard to find new copies of games for them without having to pay extra for shipping. Newer systems I'll by new, but a lot of the time I'll wait a few months for the price to drop before I buy it, Works out great for me, because then I can get two games instead of just one for roughly the same price.

I ALWAYS buy my games news and still wrapped. I'm not sure why, but I just feel odd purchasing a game that somepony else used, because you don't know what they've done with that game (scratched / messed up, spit / done other awkward things to it, etc.).

• 1 month later...

I like to keep my games, not return them so I usually buy them new and intact plus a lot of online games have these annoying as shit "online passes" that you have to pay for if you get a game used.

Both. I buy used games when money is tight or I can't find them new. Oh, I also now buy Sony and Capcom games used in protest of their insane stupidity. So why isn't "both" an option in the polls?

I forget the last time I bought a game. I think it was a new copy a MGS3 for my birthday in 2011. It was the cheapest copy I could get off of Amazon. So, to answer your question, I buy whatever is cheapest and in best condition. Or I get ROMs. I don't know if that counts. :3

Now that I think about it, the game I bought was Minecraft.

Edited by Axis