Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleep deprived?

Viking

(edited)

Anyone else here find themselves without the ability to sleep? if so what do you do to pass the time at night or whenever you should be asleep, and how long have you gone without any sleep?

I'm just curious because I've got some bad problems with insomnia, and I'm curious how many other people pass the time at night, which I do via finding recipes or cleaning. And since it is rude not to answer my own questions, I got a record of about 2 weeks straight.

Edited: Whoops, I really need to not put posts up when I'm tired. I meant to put weeks not months, sorry for being a idiot.

Edited by Viking

Well back in May there was a night I couldn't get to sleep. So I just got up and did some chores and played a few games. Heck I even consisted going shopping that night.

The longest I went w/o sleep was only 26 hours and that wasn't because of insomnia.

The longest I've gone without sleep is around 22 hours; the only reason I went to sleep was because I kept seeing things that weren't there. :S

I usually just watch ponies, play video games, read, or watch movies. Something relaxing that doesn't require much energy, pretty much.

I just slept for around 10 hours straight today..that's the longest I have slept in years.

I'm not a fan of sleep, so I usually attempt to stay up. I have an obsession with cleaning, so if something isn't clean, I force myself to stay up and clean...that's probably why people think I have OCD. 

(edited)

I'm kind of a bad insomniac...I generally like to lay back and relax to some music, maybe experiment with my violin (lately, anyway), get food to cure boredom, try and start conversations with anyone who happens to be up at the time, or sing. :s Really, anything that I can do to pass time, I end up doing at one point or another...the list goes on. (Also, the longest I've gone without sleep was nearly 90 hours. This was on account of trying to make sure my mom didn't fall asleep at the wheel on our move from Arizona to Georgia.)

Edited by Becker (Fender)

Yeah I have mad sleep deprivation. Mostly due to fact I have night terrors due to my PTSD (fought in the wars in Iraq as well as Afghanistan). However I can say that the effect of this condition has been much lessened ever since I started watching Ponies. Guess it is a helpful mental relaxation tool after all. =)

• Brohoof 3

The longest I've gone without sleep is forty-seven hours without so much as a wink of sleep. I tried reading, watching stuff on Youtube, exercising, holding my breath, talking to people on forums, and other such things to pass the time. However, I usually stay up by choice. After all: the night is fantastic.

Oh yeah, I think that this video applies to the topic of this thread: /watch?v=f61EcT_tO54

Eh, not really. Most nights I can fall asleep fairly easily. There are some nights when I'll be restless though, and I'll usually just browse the Internet and listen to music until I start to feel tired. For the longest I've gone without sleeping, I'd say a little bit over 24 hours. I can't go too long without sleeping happy.png

Yes! Definitely!

I usually just surf the web,watch youtube videos,listen to music,or draw!

The reason i can't sleep is cuz of anxiety issues!

I usually just stay up,until i doze off!

(which is usually like 3:00 in the morning)

(most of the time,i stay up all night)

• Brohoof 1

I'm starting to feel like either some form of eternal god or a mutant, I didn't think it was so uncommon to be awake for weeks at a time. With insomnia or hatred of sleep atleast.

Well, I have a reason to not sleep, as For not wanting to, for a certain someone, Which leaves me without a lot of sleep, and half the time none at all.

Right now, I haven't slept in around 54 Hours.
And the longest I've gone without sleep is 91 before Blacking out.

I hate it, and then when I actually want to go to sleep, I can't as I start thinking, my mind powers up, and I'm left with absolutely no sleep.

I'm starting to feel like either some form of eternal god or a mutant, I didn't think it was so uncommon to be awake for weeks at a time. With insomnia or hatred of sleep atleast.

Yeah... I find it extremely hard to believe that you can stay awake for months at a time. The human body eventually falls asleep naturally, even if it is for less than an hour at a time, no matter how long you try to stay up. It varies from person to person, but the longest reliably tested awake period was 11 days. The world record for time without sleep is 18 days, but that was just the Guinness Book of World Records watching the guy.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah some nights I don't go to sleep until 3 am because I usually prefer to stay up late. I'll do stuff like browse YouTube, listen to music and draw ponies until I'm tired :D

(edited)

uhm the longest i've ever gone without sleep was about 48 hours after which i promptly passed out  ( i was playing video games )

i tend to not be able to sleep till about 3 am ( i don't know if it's insomnia or just energy i haven't used ) but i usually watch poines or other tv shows troll through the interwebs or ill play video games 

Edited by HunterScars

Well I dont stay up that late, but when I can't sleep I watch ponies, or post here, or read fanfics, watch YouTube, play video games, talk to people about random stuff, and whatever else I feel like doing.

I don't have much of a amazing record, I've only

Gone maybe like 17 the latest I've been up is like 5, I just can't go that long without sleep.

If I went 2 weeks with no sleep I'd be like passed out, it wouldn't happen, I can hardly go 1 night frankly.

Not to mention how irritable I can get when I'm just lacking sleep.

I do have a lot of times I stay up late on a school night and am tired fighting to stay awake, but I normally learn and go to sleep earlier.

So yeah, I honestly can't do it, I'm not good at prolonged time without sleep. I have pretty confined limits as to how far I can go.

(edited)

When I'm sleep deprived I mutter to myself (think out loud), have a weird infrequent appetite, sweat a lot more, get this weird sense of reality sort of booming in and out (Being very loud and clear for second long bursts) and in later stages visual and auditory hallucinations.

Edited by Jammo

(edited)

lol nope i actually get plenty of rest :)

but my actual sleep schedule is wayyyy off, i typically like to go to bed around 4-5 ish. i then sleep in until 12 or 1 in the afternoon. its because i usually don't work until about 5 and only work a few hours. i don't go to bed because i don't want to, usually because i'm playing games and watching youtube videos. i'm pretty freakin lazy.

Edited by crazitaco

Well, I usually sleep at 10 and wake up at around eight, sometimes when I stay up until midnight on the Forums. (( I don't know, I'm weird.. ))

I don't know, AM I sleep deprived?

I usually take like ten minutes of tossing and turning for me to go to sleep the longest i've stayed awake for is for somewhere from 10 am to 7:35 am so yeah xD.

When I decide to stay up for a full 24 hours, I usually pass the time looking at MLP art, reading fanfics, drawing, listening to music, and playing games on my 3DS. But, that's all I can do without waking my parents up and causing a shitstorm. 

>_>