Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you sleep to?

Bright Bastion

this on like 10% volume is really pleasant to have playing in the background as u sleep

Spoiler

also this boc mix is really really nice

Spoiler

Edited by mini

When I try to make myself go to sleep, I need it to be fucking silent, and no light,
needs to be pitch black and silent,

But I rarely make myself go to sleep, so it usually doesn't matter, I want to be up for as long as possible

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The fan noise of (some of) my servers. If it changes I may wake up because a changed noise usually means something's wrong.

I cannot sleep in total silence so, if I'm on vacation or something, I usually turn on my laptop and sleep listening to its fan noise.

OTOH, if the noise is repeating (for example, someone is snoring, a server spinning up and down its fans), then I cannot sleep.

I don’t necessarily need a specific condition to help me sleep. I usually just drop “dead”. But I share room with my sis and we tends to talk about random things like anime or such. And she would often talks about anime guys. So our conversation tends to help me drift to sleep if I have trouble sleeping. 

I've always had troble sleeping at night and find that in a silent room I tend to let my thoughts wander a lot more which in turn keeps me awake for longer. Even as a kid I use to have a radio tuned into to a classical station for when I went to sleep. Maybe thats why I'm so musically inclined today :huh: or maybe its the other way around who knows.
I find these days though the drastic changes in volume in most classical music tends to be too energetic (for lack of a better word) and a loud crescendo can easily wake me right up again if I'm in the process of drifting off.
I was up until recently listening to podcasts to try and help me sleep but I found myself trying to activly listen too much and would sometimes end up listening to two maybe three hours of podcasts a night before falling asleep which isn't really an ideal situation. More recently though I've found that there is endless youtube videos of 'Ambient Space Music' Y'know the kinda stuff they put in those space documentarys you watched in science class? Yeah that stuff. I've found that the pretty much consistent volume levels mean that I can set it at a level where I can hear it and not have to worry about a sudden section of increased loudness.
I try to sleep naturally most nights though if I need to wake up early for something I'll sometimes take sleeping pills, and funnily enough when I do I tend to prefer sleeping in silence. Though one of the side effects of the specific pills I take seems to be that while laying in bed with my eyes closed thoughts can become really vivid which I find enjoyable and which I think almost replaces the need for an audio sleeping aid (though I doubt having one whould hinder the medication doing its job :laugh:) Not really on-topic but just an interesting footnote I thought I might aswell add.

Sorry for the wall of text btw. Sleep, and dreaming is something I'm oddly passionate about, sometimes I even think I might genuinley be addicted to dreaming. Maybe thats a sign of something, who knows :please:

tl;dr Ambient Space Music (The kind of stuff they have playing in the background of space documentaries)

• 4 years later...

I'm a pain to have to sleep anywhere near. I need white noise, but more than others. I have my ceiling fan AND another fan right near my bed. I also... sleep with light on. That is the weirdest thing, I know. I will confess that this is because of the odd issues that my ears and eyes have had for years. The noise and light distracts me from them and allows me to sleep.

I hate this, I was hoping that going to doctors would alleviate these symptoms and allow me to sleep like normal. The best news for me is that there's nothing substantial wrong with my eyes or ears (which is the most important and has really made me so happy!), I just... want to sleep like normal. I have to be careful about any instance where I might have to sleep in the same room as someone else. And the idea of sleeping in bed with a lover like normal people? Never happening. :(

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Have any of you found if things like those devices that make ocean sounds or white noise (and apparently there is now "green" noise and probably other ones) help you sleep? I'm thinking of giving it a try.