• Twilight Sparkle
    • Apple Jack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Fluttershy

(edited)

Five reasons Rarity has the best voice.

1. Date accent.
  2. The way she says french words.
  3. It's incredibly cute when she gets giddy, excited, or starts babbling like a weirdo.
  4. It actually sounds like she's pissed off when she is pissed off.
  5. Germain has perfect line delivery. Every single time.
Edited by CITRUS KING46

This topic really needs a poll. I think most other members have already given plenty of reasons, and I don't think I can say anything really unique but, it's totally Rarity.

Second place... Twilight. Her groans of frustration in Lesson Zero and the funny high-pitched "D'AH!" she makes when she sees RD is about to divebomb the barn... classic.

Third place... Applejack.

Purely out of interest... Out of the CMC, my fave is definitely Squeeky Belle, although I do like Apple Bloom's southern drawl too, y'all.

Honorable mention to the Princesses: Celestia's voice is so kind and calm (most of the time) and Luna's ROYAL CANTERLOT ALLCAPS VOICE is simply hilarious.

It would have to be either Rarity or Rainbow Dash. I love how their voices suit their personalities.

Rainbow Dash: Tough, rough, tomboy, competitive, awesome and unbeatable

Rarity: Pretty, artistic, drama queen, greedy, fussy

I absolutely love Rarity's accent when she's definitely being dramatic.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle has a really beautiful voice. (I don't care if voices can't be beautiful, hers is! XD)

So she is first, then I think Applejack. But when it comes to singing, we all know who takes the cake ;)

1 rainbow dash

2 applejack (love the accent)

3 rarity

4 twilight

5 celestia

6 discord

7 luna

8 fluttershy

9 celestia

10 spike

that's my top 10 right there

id have to say i loves rarity's voice its just so fitting. and when she starts being damatic and silly it just perfect even sarcasm is brilliantly voiced by Tabitha st Germain 

singing voice again rarity her singing is just awe inspiring and lovely to listen to ( Kazumi Evans is best singer) with Rebecca shoichet is a close second  

• Brohoof 1

As much as I love Twilight, I'd have to say I'm torn between Andrea Libman and Tabitha St. Germain.

Ms. Libman is capable of conveying an impressive variety of emotions and mental states in her work while Ms. Germain has and incredible vocal range which she employs to amazing affect.

If you'd ask me they all have grate voices that suit them very well.  

If I had to put it in order though:

1. Twilight

2. Rainbow Dash

3. Rarity 

4. Pinkie Pie 

5. Fluttershy

6. Applejack

Here's mine: 

1. Rarity

2. Fluttershy

3. Applejack

4. Rainbow Dash

5. Pinkie Pie

6. Twilight Sparkle

I do like Twilight's, but not as much as the others. I like that the voices from G3 improved into these.

I really like Rarity's elegant tone of voice when she speaks. But, Rainbow Dash voice cracks are always cute. And Applejack. Dat accent.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love Sweetie Bell's voice, because of the voice cracks, but if I had to choose between the mane six, I'd say Fluttershy. AppleJack and Rarity have the most distinctive voices, but that doesn't necessarily mean good.

I really like Rainbow Dash's voice. I think it goes well with her tomboyish personality. In fact, I think all of their voices match their personalities...except Twilight. Pinkie Pie is hyperactive and goofy. Fluttershy is shy and timid. Rarity is dramatic and fashionable. Applejack is a southern cowgirl. Twilight, however, I just don't get bookworm and studious from that. I'm not saying it's bad, and I couldn't imagine Twilight with a squeaky nasally voice. That would be...just ugh.

• Brohoof 1

Ashleigh Ball. Easiest question for me to answer EVER. She does the regular voices and the singing, and she's flipping awesome.

Oh, and if we're looking for one specific pony, I'd say Applejack. Although she does an equally awesome job with Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 2

They all has awesome VAing, and some lines are said better than others, by its the little nuances that makes me live Rainow Dash's. The little voice cracks for one, the way the words go from high to low, and her lack of any noticeable accent that seems so ''Midwestern".

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

All of the cast have exceptional talents in voice acting, but my personal favourite is Rainbow Dash. And yes, it's favouritism, because her voice is part of what makes her my favourite pony! Her raspy voice, I'm so jealous! And, those voice cracks, they are sweeeet... I love Applejack's accent to.

I agree with Astrobrony, I love it when two characters sound similar because they have the same VA. When Applejack says "Geronimo", if you looked away you would seriously think it was Rainbow Dash. It's also funny because when Pinkie Pie is sad, she sounds like Fluttershy, but when Fluttershy is mad, she sounds like Pinkie XD

I also like Rarity's voice. It's a lovely ladylike, sort of English accent, and that's why I like her.

Not forgetting Big Mac's! Serious talent there, people! I mean, he's got to be one of the most complex characters in the show!

Edited by Dashabel
  • Brohoof 1

Ashleigh Ball is my favorite voice for the Mane 6, especially with Dashie's adorable voice cracks and Applejack's southern accent. I got to give the other voice actors some credit, it takes practice and hard work to sound exactly like their character every season and episode that they star in.

• 9 months later...

I really like the 2 voices of Andrea Libman!

Here's my ranking:

1. Fluttershy

2. Pinkie Pie

3. Rarity

4. Applejack

5. Rainbow Dash

6. Twilight Sparkle (a bit disappointed by Tara Strong, because her interpretation of Bubbles and Raven were amazing)

Tbh, this is one aspect of the mane 6 where I have absolutely no preferences. They all sound absolutely amazing, each have their own little quirks which I can appreciate and love.

This is basically where I am at as far as speaking voices come.

Singing voices, well that's a little different. I love pinkie's singing voice, but all of the other main 6 ponies have nice singing voices too.

I judge the dialogue more then anything. 

• Brohoof 1

I like Twilight, she was one of my least favourites but after re watching some episodes she's become one of my favourite speaking voices... Singing I love Pinkie Pie (and Fluttershy) and Rarity's accent is cool :P

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are voiced by the same actor, I loveee their voices!
And Rarity's too!
I don't realllyy like Rainbowdash's, it's too... Squeaky.

Twilight's is nice although sometimes it gets a little too sickly sweet?

But yes. I think the MLP voice actors are a real talented bunch!

• Brohoof 1