Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you care about the royal baby?

Sugar Pea

It probably does mean considerably less to you guys, this is a predominantly American forum from what i have seen.

I is being over-covered quite a lot but you have to remember that the Royal Baby will in fact become King of England, so it is kind of a big deal for us.

I didn't even know there WAS a royal baby until I saw people talking about it on Facebook.

But nah I don't care that much...
I care a bit..
I care enough to say "I don't care that much"...

But yeah, I'll probably be ancient by the time he gets to do anything, so that probably has something to do with it

I care more about Cadance and Shining Armor and if they will have a foal sometime in the show...

Seriously... How many babies have been born in the same day?! The only difference is that this particular one happens to have been born a celebrity already.

• Brohoof 1

Royalty would be important if that thing held any meaning anymore, they don't hold any power so why should we care at all about there child's birth?

The Royal Family here in the UK actually do govern the country in many ways, besides usually serving time in the military, they are in-charge of many trusts and charities. 

The queen is the only person who is allowed to declare war and declare when we are no-longer at war, she is in-charge of the Church of England, she also has to personally read and sign off on EVERY document that passes through parliament, other than that she is the figurehead of our entire nation and in-charge of royal visits in order to keep up diplomatic relations. 

In other words, the Royal Family are the most important people in Britain.

• Brohoof 6

No, not really. We're a federal republic that formed from colonies that broke off of the British Empire, I think we stopped caring about what goes on with the British royals long ago.

I don't mean anything bad, I wish William and Kate the best with their newborn son, but do we really need to hear about it everywhere we go? Especially since we haven't even been part of the UK (or the British Empire) since the 1780s?

• Brohoof 1

Nope.  I don't care a bit.  I didn't care for the wedding either.  I couldn't care less.  Seriously, what's so different with this birth?  Why is this so important here?  I don't know about you guys but here we had a big disaster (we never have big disasters like that) just two weeks ago so seeing this get covered by the news is kind of baffling.

(edited)

Eh, well I mean i'm happy for them and all, and its great they had a baby, and I hope all goes well for them, but besides that ok it ain't my baby, so I don't really have a reason to worry about it that much.

Also i'm not from England so eh.

Edited by Zygen

Not even a little bit. It's not that I dislike him, and congrats to the parents etc but its yet another parasite that will eventually be king. Even though the King has no real power. Then again it'll bring money into the country because so many people will be attracted by the royals again.

In short no I truely don't give a rats ass.

Just to throw this out there I'm a Brit.

Absolutely not. I couldn't care less. They're turning it into another tabloid story, and it's getting on my nerves. I'm sure England is ecstatic,  but do people from an entirely different country give a care? NO!

But I do hope that the couple and the baby are doing well. Though I am quite annoyed by the publicity, I'm not heartless. I hope they're all happy.

3so2u5.jpg

American media is going crazy over a baby from across the Atlantic

And I'm just sitting here waiting for Season 4/Killer Is Dead

Seriously I'm sick of hearing about the royal couple, they aren't even in this country. I swear this country needs to get it's priorities right

I honestly didn't even know that there was one, if that answers your question.

I only pay attention to things that matter in the world, like politics, science and ponies. I couldn't care less if someone had a kid. One child is born every 15 seconds I believe, it's not that big a deal even if the 'royal' family had it.

• Brohoof 2

if I had to answer this question with one image, it would be this:

attachicon.giftumblr_l7plvrhice1qdoghio1_500.png

seriously, its all over the damn news, its getting really irritating

That's the media for ya! :derp:   I can just imagine news reports like this in the future...

"We interrupt this program with a special news bulletin... THE ROYAL BABY JUST SAID HIS FIRST WORD!!! *foams at the mouth and faints*"

Seriously, when I heard Kate was pregnant, I just knew HELL AWAITS!... Slayer...

...no. Not really. Skyla doesn't seem to be too much of a issue in my life. Besides, I'd be happy if I didn't know how she looked like. It gives me a mystery. But the merchandise gives it away.. 

(edited)

The Royal Family here in the UK actually do govern the country in many ways, besides usually serving time in the military, they are in-charge of many trusts and charities. 

The queen is the only person who is allowed to declare war and declare when we are no-longer at war, she is in-charge of the Church of England, she also has to personally read and sign off on EVERY document that passes through parliament, other than that she is the figurehead of our entire nation and in-charge of royal visits in order to keep up diplomatic relations. 

In other words, the Royal Family are the most important people in Britain.

On top of that, they are extremely important to not only Britain but the world, culturally and historically. We are talking about the successors of those who ruled the British Empire, which once controlled a quarter of the globe, after all. They may have lost power over time, but they are just as important, if not more important, than the UK's Prime Minister.

As for the baby, I don't pay much attention to the news so I haven't been bombarded by it, but I have to say I would care even if I did pay attention. Regardless of whether I like the idea of royalty and nobility or not, they are of importance to the world, and therefore shouldn't be ignored. The son of the Duke of Cambridge, who is second in the line of succession, certainly qualifies as such. I don't understand why the American people can't be bothered with anything that doesn't pertain to them, and honestly I consider it a little arrogant.

Edited by Durandal
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

From what I know, it seems to be similar to the time when Michael Jackson died; if I got the facts right, there were news about riots happening somewhere in the Middle East or North Africe until some/many news sources switched to talking about Michael Jackson for the duration of an entire month while completely forgetting any other issues in the world.

Of course, it's not the fault of any of these people; it's the fault of what the media chooses to focus on. Actually, I'm quite surprised how some people are showing such hatred towards the royal couple and child for something they ultimately can't really control (publicity).

Edited by 115Predator

My good sir/ma'am, I will have to agree with you here. 

For indeed it is just a baby, and nothing more but a bothersome child to deal with later on in life... 

Back when people didn't care about a silly royal baby being born and broadcasted on the tele...

No offence people of England.

I think that older people can appreciate what the birth of a new prince means. The first royal to be born in the "Facebook" era. For people like us Americans our political institution isn't affected by a dynasty going back eons in the past. The closest thing we have is the Kardashians and they really aren't worth the attention. It's important for "youth" to be brought into the monarchy of any country. While I think the life of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is an inspirational one I think it's time she did what Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands did. Abdicate and let the youth take the reign. The thing is (even tho I can't speak for them) I'm sure the British public is more interested in seeing King William over King Charles. We follow the monarchy here because its a system we left behind. It's also the only reason we are speaking English. The special relationship we share with Britain only adds to it. Older people will remember how big a deal the Wedding of Charles and Diana was made worldwide. It's just something to keep up with. But in Britain it's a bit more I'm sure.

What's that, CNN? There's been a new addition to a foreign royal family that serves as a bunch of figureheads with no actual power?

this_is_celestia_giving_a_fuck_by_mezkal

• Brohoof 2

Wait--CELESTIA HAD A BABY?!  WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS?!?!

Oh.  *ahem* 

Well, congratulations to the happy couple, parents of the only baby in the world who will definitely have a job in 20 years. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Hmm...no.

Wait....no.

I cared the tiniest of bits when I first heard about it, because I started trying to figure out whether the kid would be king someday. Then I stopped caring.

Good thing I don't watch the news.

I really don't see what the excitement is all about, new babies are born everyday just because this one is part of royalty doesn't mean everyone has to go freakin crazy.

Literally all that happened was two people managing to have successful intercourse and produce a baby nine months later.

I do not care about any of the royal family, nor will I care about any future member of the royal family.

I'm busy living my own life to waste time concerned about the life of people I have never and probably will never meet.

(edited)

I will care when he's 18....................

Hey I have to make my coins some how darling

Makes me wonder in Equestria if anyone gets sick of hearing about the royals? :P

Edited by GlamourDolly