Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you care about the royal baby?

Sugar Pea

(edited)

I sure don't.

I hate to be that person to make a topic about this, but I believe we have greater things to worry about than some baby. -_-

(This thread was not meant to insult those who actually care about the baby, or live in Commonwealth countries. )

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

I care not for the lives of celebrities and public icons. To me, they might as well be just normal parents raising a kid. I couldn't care less if the princess gave birth to a squid.

Edited by Golden EverFree
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

That is my reaction to the name of your thread. I really never cared about the royal baby, and I wish it wasn't all over the news.

post-18170-0-45945400-1374630851.gif

Edited by dashie99
  • Brohoof 1

No. Honestly, it's been annoying me all day. I like to stay informed about what's going on in the world, but there are so many more important things going on than the royal baby. It's the same thing with all "entertainment news", if you could even call it that.

• Brohoof 1

Your not alone.

I really don't hate the royal ongoings, but does the whole world have to give a damn?

I sure don't, I didn't care about the wedding, I didn't care about the proclamation, and I don't care about the baby.

No offense to any of you fans.

I can't remember all the details, but I'm pretty sure we American folk once fought a fairly bloody war so that we'd never have to care about this sort of stuff ever again. B)

(That being said, his "The baby got his mother's looks, thankfully" was a pretty funny comment!)

• Brohoof 3

I don't care for the royal baby at all.  Sure good for the couple to have him, hope he turns into a decent adult when he's older..  Beyond that, I don't find it to be all that important of news.

• Brohoof 1

NO. A huge, bellowing, NO. It is just some stupid kid born into luxury and it isn't even in the country that is foaming at the mouth the most, America! I should not be surprised at this point, I really shouldn't, but I feel this country is trying to get even dumber than what it was. Two people had sex, they created another human being among billions on this planet, and we are apparently supposed to give a single f*ck. World News did a huge segment about this. Really? People are dying due to lack of food, water, in this country, lack of proper healthcare, and THIS is what we are so thrilled about? I understand trying to not think of the glaring negatives, but, THIS?

Gee, I wish I was some stupid prince or princess so my sexual acts would make me even more famous. The celebrity worship in this country is horrid on it's own, now we have royalty worship of some idiots in an entirely different country. HIGH FIVE AMERICA, you are showing your colors proud.

• Brohoof 6

Nah, not really. I never pay much attention to celebrities. So, yeah, good for Prince William and Kate I suppose. The baby isn't in my interests, though. 

Finally! The Brony community comes through as the voice or reason once again!

Dont get me wrong, good for them, new price, all very important... but WHY do we need crowds of folks on the street because of it?

Ugh, herd mentality... :P

(edited)

29866__safe_animated_macro_no.gif

God no! Yea, congrats Will and Kate, but we don't really care. I mean really? Is this baby such a big deal that CNN and Fox have to be on it 24/7 these last 2 days? This is not news! It should be on a gossip show or something, not hard hitting "news".

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't pay attention to news and current events, but I'd say it's better than hearing about death and politics all the time. Gives the world a break to obsess over something halfway happy(as in the miracle of new life and all that)

Edited by Shoboni

I really don't, but at the same time I've gotten a slight kick out of the reaction.  All of the congratulations and celebratory stuff seems to come from North Americans, meanwhile I've been watching British panel shows (8 Out of 10 Cats and QI) recently and every time the Royal Family is brought up on them, the panel briefly voices their distaste for the Royal Family's very existence then moves on.

I personally don't care, but I don't judge those who are actually interested in it. I mean, we bronies worry about something as silly as a cartoon, and when the next episode will come, and other silly things like that. We go to conventions, and make such a big deal about the show. So I don't see why its such a BAD thing to pay attention to celebrities, when we do it ourselves (To something even sillier of course, a cartoon). 

I am happy for both of them, and congratulate them on their little royal baby.

• Brohoof 1

Let me think uhh... no.

I'll tell you why, there are more important things that are happening in the world than a royal baby being born into royalty. We have seen this before, and now everyone is just too excited about it. It isn't that big of a deal anyway, we should focus on more important things other then that.

No way. it is honestly driving me nuts how the news keeps talking about it. It's just a baby being born except it's royalty. I think it's stupid how the news is making a big deal out of it. 

I care not for the lives of celebrities and public icons. To me, they might as well be just normal parents raising a kid. I couldn't care less if the princess gave birth to a squid.

I would care because that would be...hilarious! I can see the headlines now. "Mutant Squid Baby Proves Royal Family is From Space!"

• Brohoof 6

My friend had a baby a few months ago. That wasn't in the news and he's probably worked one hundred times harder every day than Will and Kate have in their entire lives. That being said, this baby was in more labor yesterday than he will be for the rest of his life.

• Brohoof 3

I don't care about it I mean I hope they are happy but I don't care about any celebrity baby because they will probably become messed up and when was the last time a normal woman was on the news for giving birth? That's the thing about society We label people as "Celebrites" and they are automatically better than anyone and more important, I can understand a Prince or something but nothing else is really acceptible and I don't beleive we should have "Celebrities" at all