Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you care about the royal baby?

Sugar Pea

Well congrats to Will and Kate, hope the kid has a long happy life etc but I'm not interested in this baby news myself. I think it's kinda cool how my country has a royal family but I don't take much interest in what they get up to

Honestly I don't actually care about the royal family (though the Queen is pretty kick ass and sassy at times in my opinion).

I'm happy the baby is healthy and such but to restate my viewpoint, I really don't care either way.

I'm only really tired of the media attention it's all getting, not only because it's getting annoying now but they need to leave that woman and her baby alone! I imagine giving birth to a child is stressful enough without the worlds media outside shouting "hurr durr have you named it yet?"

However, I do see the purpose of the attention. With the economy going down the drain and various other failings of the coalition there's nothing wrong with some good news dominating the TV for once. 

I would care because that would be...hilarious! I can see the headlines now. "Mutant Squid Baby Proves Royal Family is From Space!"

That would be funny. I think people would be more worried about him taking the throne than being from somewhere else. Or maybe not...

Ahh, I was waiting for someone to say this...

Yeah, Britain- Why do we really care? I honestly don't get it...In fact, I think the papers are the only ones that do. Yes, it is important FOR THEM, and it may be for us in many years when it becomes ruler, but right now, it's just a boring overhype.

On the other hand, I think we have a chance to make a royal brony here!

I really wish them all the best of luck. I'll be frank and say as a British lady I really don't care much about the deal but I of course hope things go smoothly for them.

(edited)

I personally don't care, but I don't judge those who are actually interested in it. I mean, we bronies worry about something as silly as a cartoon, and when the next episode will come, and other silly things like that. We go to conventions, and make such a big deal about the show. So I don't see why its such a BAD thing to pay attention to celebrities, when we do it ourselves (To something even sillier of course, a cartoon). 

I am happy for both of them, and congratulate them on their little royal baby.

The difference is though, we don't go spreading them about on the news for the entire world to see and smile/cringe over. 

Ask anyone who isn't a brony if they've heard of bronycon. 

As for the royal baby, thanks to not watching TV i've only seen about 2 things about it, and it's already doing my nut. 

As has been the majority of this thread, no. It's nothing to do with me, there are more important matters at hand. Still, congrats to them I suppose, but in reality the kid's not going to have a shot at the throne is he? By the time they've passed it down to him, he's going to be about as old as Charles is now, and he'll have a country ran by todays completely idiotic teens to watch over. I wouldn't want that throne.

This comes to mind:

post-8810-0-44392000-1374665524_thumb.jpg post-8810-0-69174900-1374667007.jpg

Edited by Agent505

I don't even know which baby we're talking about o.O

I remember seeing something about a baby on Tumblr yesterday, but I just skipped the post.

(edited)

(This thread was not meant to insult those who actually care about the baby, or live in England. )

Er, what about the Commonwealth countries? It's not just England, you know.

Obviously a lot of Americans don't care since you aren't affected by the monarchy, but Canada is, so it's a big deal over here (or there, as I am currently in Finland on a school trip). I don't support the monarchy, I think it's a big waste of money on our governments part, but Britain helped us out a great deal and we kind of owe them. We're/they're still a fairly new country and I don't think we ought to shut them out just yet. They do a lot of things for others and I respect that.

So in short, I don't care, but I wish them the best! He will be monarch one day, after all. :-)

EDIT: Wow, some people are being really nasty about this! It's important to over fifty countries, guys, have a little respect. If you don't like it, there's no need to read anything about it or anything. The press will move on in a while. Let them do their thing.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

Well Congrats Will and Kate. I don't really care much about it but oh well. The news is making a pretty big deal about it. I mean babies are born everyday.

Like others have said, it's not such a big deal as to throw your arms up like the guy foaming at the mouth in Kyoshi Island.

Foaming_mouth_guy.png

That being said, tho, I don't see what's with the hate toward the Royal Family. Sure, they're little more than figureheads but they most certainly aren't a waste of tax money as some people like to think. Congrats to Will and Kate :33

• Brohoof 1

I'm unsure if this has been posted before or not, but if Kate is 0% royal, and Whats his face 100% royal, wouldn't their kid be a half blood prince?

But in answer to the topic, no. I hate the royal family so I really couldn't give less of a f.

The only royal baby I'll ever care for is Shining Armor's and Cadence's one. Other than that, I just hope that England's royal baby doesn't become a maniac of some sort and tries to take over the world with tea.

Will the kid grow up and start a new army of superhumans, take over the world and create a brand new empire while a band of eco-terrorists try to stop him along with some failed experiment threatening the destroy the planet? If not, who cares? I don't.

But in all seriousness, congrats to the happy bunch.

I still don't care though.

Am I supposed to? It's a baby for crying out loud. Being born with a certain name or to a certain parent doesn't make you any better of a person than anybody else in the world.

Not to be mean or anything but not really.... sure she had the baby! gratz! here have pat on the back and a beer in a hand but come on now women have baby's all the time! even as you may or may not be reading this some women is giving birth to her new son or daughter! and you don't see the news jumping all over that do you?! so lets move on to big and better things like how the guy In the white house is fucking up the USA(sorry if some pony's don't like me saying that but come on now....)

to be perfectly honest, i didn't even know she was pregnant o.0

but yeah, you could say i don't give a damn. good for them to have a healthy kiddo, i suppose.

it's just... another kiddo. nothing too special to me atleast

No I do not. I don't know why people get all excited for this stuff. My main question is why is there still a monarchy? I guess good luck for the couple but to me it's just another spoiled rich kid getting brought into the world that's going to get treated as a king and have everything handed to him.