Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like your legal name?

Adente

Opinion on your name  

242 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like your legal name?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you could change your name, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

'Sup everyone! So, here's a question for ya'll: Do you like your given, legal birth name? (No nicknames allowed! For example, I'm Will, but my legal name is William) 

And, if you don't like your legally given name, (Or even if you do like it, but like something better) would you change it? If so, what would your new name be?

I personally like my legal name, although it is quite generic and dull. I do prefer Will to William, however, and if I could rename myself, I quite like the names Todd and Jason. However, in all likelihood, I would just wind up naming any sons I have by those names, instead of renaming myself.

So, what about you guys? 

((EDIT: Just to clarify, I wouldn't recommend giving out your full name on the forum. Just saiyan. I mean, I only gave my first name for a reason. If you want to post your name, feel free, but don't feel you need to. That is all))

I have a very weird predicament with my name in that I kind of have two.

My full legal name is Callum Michael Ian Smith but my actual given name that everyone uses (apart from my mother when I've annoyed her and my girlfriend for the same reason) is Kaz, which is shortened from Kasimir.

I definitely want to get my name changed to Kaz legally.

Edited by EllieGouldingIsGod

I hate my legal name. I feel like I'm a disgrace to anyone named Blake everywhere. I don't deserve the name and really want to change it. As what I would change it to, I wish I could change it to nothing. I'd be nameless, but since that isn't possible, I'd have to pick a name. Maybe Michael or something.

Ugh... I really don't care for my legal name but (as much as I might like to), I'm not sure if I could change it, only because it apparently holds a very special 'back story' or reason for being given, despite how simple and common it is.  So, as much as I may not care for it, or as much as I would probably prefer changing it, I don't know if I could do so when it's supposedly so special to my mother, and I respect her too much to take that from her. :T

Edited by AmarisNsane

no i don't like my legal name.

my full legal name is Jeroen steeman van limburg styrum

i mean, who the hell thinks of such a damn long name?

i prefer to just be called Jeroen steeman

• Brohoof 3

My legal name is Grace Tessa Karoly. I'm honestly not a big fan of my name but I guess I have to stick with it. Which is why I'll usually go by Tessa but I'm usually fine with Grace.

So I guess I'm indifferent.

Let me just say, I'm not ever going to say my legal and real name, on this forums. So yeah! :P

But I would really like to change it, my full name is just too common and my last name is weird to pronounce.

I always wanted my first name to be, David. I always liked the sound of that name.  :P

the fact that i was born in the usa but have lebanese roots sucks having a bad time here because "Ryan" for the Lebanese people is annoying(since having a foreign name make u somehow wrong) and wrong and i go to usa my family name is weird because it cant even be pronounced unless u have the accent of lebanese person :( not fair my family name is "khatib" good luck prnouncing that D:

worst is the middle name u just.. dont wana know about it

Edited by supersonic rainboom

I'm quite happy with my current name. I don't see many people named Austin, so I feel a bit unique.

One reason why I like the name Austin...

tumblr_m482dt6hzN1r1xfypo1_500.gif

• Brohoof 5

Oh, I like my legal name very much, both the first and last name.  My only hang up with it at all is that my last name is German and people tend to have trouble pronouncing it, even though the pronunciation is really pretty straightforward, but eh, other than that I think I have a really nice, unique name that suits me very well.  Not too out there and bizarre, but not too normal either, just right.

Not... Particularly? My legal name is Christian and I'm not really fond of it.I don't really know why. I don't see why my parents didn't just name me Christopher (Oh yea that's my dad's name and he didn't want a junior. Thanks dad.). I usually go by CJ, which are the first two initials of my full name. I might try going by Chris or something... *shrug*

My legal name is John, and I absolutely loathe the name because it feels so generic most of the time. I swear when I'm somewhere, and someone calls to me at least five other people crank their heads in that direction. I wouldn't change my name though. Mainly for two reasons, one I have a nickname most of friends call me by anyway, and at-least one of the males on my fathers side have been called John as far back as I can trace so it's also to do with family. 

I like my name. Sure, my parents could have chosen a better name, maybe. But I'm glad it's neither too unique nor too common. We had this "Kevin" wave in the weeks around the time I was born because of "Home Alone 2" >_>. I'm glad my parents didn't jump the bandwagon and gave me another name.

And my name is actually pretty easy to remember. Two syllables in the surname and two in my name. But I won't post it here.

And why would I change it now? My name is a part of me. Not just how I see myself, but also how others do. I am who I am and my name is a part of that.

When I was born, my mom was going to call me Melody. Which would have been awesome, because it's such a beautiful name and music is such an important part of my life. However, last minute, my dad convinced her to give me a completely different name so that I'd have the same initials as my brother. ( For years he played tricks on us, giving us identical gifts, saying if we put our initials on them, we'll know who's is who's because they were supposed to represent different names. Jerk.) I honestly feel neutral about my given first name, but can't stand my middle name. I want to change it legally, but it costs a lot of money, and I'm not sure how my mom would feel if I did that. So I'm going to go on a trial tun, trying out the name Melody before deciding whether or not to actually change it.

Why could I deny my name?
My name is Phoenix 

Notice the word Phoenix
Seriously it's really like that. I am named after a bird who dosen't who is been revived for times in mythhology.
My parents named me because they want me to live very old.
It is also one the names of a hero in Xmen

The best thing is. A Phoenix is

post-16586-0-72877000-1377117420_thumb.jpg
Princess Celestia's pet
I didn't notice that before I watch that episode

And doesn't also notice before I was a brony

Edited by Lyeco

You all do realize, those revealing their full name, that it is a bad idea to give one's name on the internet right? You have all learn that keeping your identity from those on the internet right?

Edited by EquestrianScholar

My legal name is Eldrick. I like it very much and I thank my parents for giving it to me. It's actually a mix of their nanes combined. Elma + Fredrick = Eldrick. How cheesy is that? But, It's a very unique and rare name and I've never met another that has it too. I love it and I cherish it. Though the meaning is a bit off for me. It actually means "Wise King/Ruler." I'm not very much the leader type, but more of your best #2. I'd rather look up to others and follow others as a loyal and respectful second in command. I just don't see myself as a commanding and responsible leader...but maybe I hold the qualities of one.

Oh and yes, I'd change it. I'd change it to Red. It's shorter, easier, and still very unique and rare~

Edited by Red Star~

Hmm, I'm a fan of my first name (Benoît) because whenever I tell it to people I can say that it's foreign, it makes it sound all exotic :P Plus the "ben" part literally means "good" so it's a positively connotative name.

I'm not a great fan of my surname, though. I won't be writing it here, but a lot of fun is poked at me because of it. :3 I might get it changed to a variant of it. So to answer the poll's questions - I'm pretty happy with my name, but I'd still get it changed at some point.

I think my name is okay, I really indifferent towards it. I wouldn't change it though because my name is a part of me and I think I'd feel like someone else with a different name. 

Yes, I love my name. My name is Niall and it isn't exactly the most common name in the world and I don't know anyone else by the same name as me!

There is this sh**ty boy band called one direction. (Their songs are as horrible as bieber) One of their members name is Niall horan. The only Irish member of the British boy band. Glob I hate them because their songs are s**t

My first name is Sean. My only problem with it was that dumbass kids used to pronounce my name like "Seen" when it's actually pronounced like "Shawn".

My last name is so hard to spell and pronounce, I hate it. Everyone says it completely wrong and I have to correct them 10 times before they get it right, ugh mlp-dseriously.png