Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like your legal name?

Adente

Opinion on your name  

242 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like your legal name?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you could change your name, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

I actually like my name. It's pretty international, so no problems wherever you go, it's not exactly rare, but not very common either, which is fine and as a bonus it has a nice, erm, synergy with my surname. I'm almost tempted to say that my full name is cool. Also, it's meaning can be "ever powerful" which isn't too shabby either.

I prolly wouldn't change it, even tho I would most likely not pick this one if I were to name myself.

Also "if you could change your name..." - you actually can (in most countries at least), it just takes administrative fees and a lot of paperwork. Unless you want some sort of joke-name, then it may be denied. :P

I've already put my full name, address, and phone number in my profile. It's not like people can't find that info online somewhere else if they really want to.

My full legal name is Allan Reid Kemp. While technically Reid is my middle name, it's also my father's middle name and my grandfather's middle name, so effectively my family name is now 'Reid Kemp', which is a bit odd but fine with me.

Dad made a big deal about naming me something 'normal', as he has no christian name, technically. All his names are family names, Campbell Reid Kemp. Most people call him Cam. Apparently this kind of thing was not that unusual in my grandparent's generation, but was not normal in Cumbria seventy years ago when dad was born. So he got a lot of grief over it.

So my biggest issue with my name is that Allan is a relatively rare spelling of the name in North America. I've got official documents where they've spelt it Alan, Allen, Alun, and one where they went all out and put Aillean. Which I took as a screen name once because it tickled my fancy.

I like my name, and I wouldn't change it.

My name is Aurore, it is the french word for Dawn, and is linked to the roman goddess Aurora.

When I was a child I loved my name simply because of Aurora in Disney's sleeping beauty lol

But since I don't have any middle names, I think if I could modify something it would be adding one. 

I tolerate my legal name, but I wish I could change it to something else.

Sometimes, I wish my legal name was Steven. That's why I named my forum name Stevenearthpony.

My legal name is Logan, which is alright, but I wish it was Steven instead.

I like my name - Jess Danielle. I always considered it to be quite pretty. It seems not to matter though, because my friends call me Pumpkin, for some reason? Anyhow, I wouldn't change it; I like it a lot. I've had quite a few of my friends say that nothing else would suit me now, haha, so Jess it is.

I like my name, Michelle, but I didn't always. When I was younger I always wanted a name like "Sarah" or "Emily" because I thought they were normal and Michelle was weird. I laugh at that now when I have friends with names I can't even spell. I like Michelle though, it has a soft sound and I like the shape of the word when it's spelled.

I don't like my middle name though. It's my mother's maiden name and is just kind of strange.

You all do realize, those revealing their full name, that it is a bad idea to give one's name on the internet right? You have all learn that keeping your identity from those on the internet right?

Really!! I put up my real name as my username on this forum?? Honestly i really don't care if others know my real name and surname. But mayby i'll change it then (mayby bit late now :))

Really!! I put up my real name as my username on this forum?? Honestly i really don't care if others know my real name and surname. But mayby i'll change it then (mayby bit late now :))

This forum, by its very nature, is relatively harmless. Yet the internet can be dangerous and giving out your real name is not a habit one wants to get into as people can use one real name against you.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really like my name all that much, since it's extremely common where I live. 

My name's Dana, by the way. 

I'd much rather change it to something prettier, like Luna. (What? It's an awesome name!) Or Tris, Amelia, Rosette, Caroline, Astrid, Aurora-

Yeah, it's hard for me to make up my mind... 

• Brohoof 1

I do not like my name all that much, it's a name that people constantly mess up.  Whether it be spelling or pronunciation.  Also with my speech/language impairments, it makes spelling my name at times difficult(when people actually bother to ask how it's spelled) which is partially why people mess up the spelling or pronunciation unsure.png ...  I'm at an age where I can change it myself, but I really don't want to go through all the hoops to change it...

facehoof.gif

Edited by Anishna

My legal name is a girls name... However I've seen only one other man with my name. Although it sounds cool like military sounding, it's a girls name. :( however, I don't go around in public saying that. So I don't have a reason to change it.

Yeah, I like my legal name. Even though my first name, Bryce, can be commonly misspelled by others(ii instead of y, annoys me when people do that) and my last name Williams is very common, I have a good name I think. :)

Not really fond of my legal name "Kyle Ronald Wallace Osborne"

A lot of people misspell my last name adding in a "u" as in Ozzy Osbourne (no relation, as Osbourne isn't his original name)

If I were to change it though,I have no idea. I wouldn't mind being called Wallace. But I'd like a different Scottish/english name...seeming my first name is of Irish origins, If I recall. and my background is Scottish...not Irish.

People have also thought "Kyle" was pronounced "Carl" or Carisle.

Eric is a rather plain name, but there's nothing about it I really dislike. It's a simple, two-syllable name using the most common spelling, so I've yet to meet anyone who couldn't spell or pronounce it properly. I'm happy enough with it. I do like Edgar more, and if I ever changed my name, that's what I would go with.

Love it. I'm definitely keeping it.

It matches my personality well. Sort of has a foreign flair to it, but doesn't go overboard with it.

Seriously, Dimitri is an awesome name, you have to admit.

I'm not fond of my name. It's mainly a mix up of my mom and dad's name and it sounds awfully weird, and I'm not going to say it :3

I'd have two choices I would want to change it to. One is Isaac because I barely see anyone with the name Isaac and I like the name and the second is any russian name or just Artem because I like how russian names sound and are spelled like.

• Brohoof 1

I don't necessarily dislike my name, but if I could change it I would make it something like Peter, one because there aren't many Peters(at least where I live), and two because some people somehow got the idea that that was my name and they just could not seem to figure out how to call me by my real name.

I was named my uncle who died before I was even born, he was an electrician who had a little accident on the job. I was originally going to be name after my father, either way it would have been an honor but it looks my name is Jerry instead of Dominic. My last night name which I will keep anonymous for whatever reason seems impossible for most people to pronounce. Sure there are a lot of people that are unfamiliar with the ci spelling/ch pronunciation that is common in the Italian language but there are people that are so far off that it is actually kind of funny. 

• Brohoof 1

I like my first name but my middle name is that of my uncle. My uncle is a alcoholic who argues with any one who does not agree with him. He is also very homophobic, racist, and quite aggressive. I plan on changing my middle name so that i no longer have to be associated with him.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not overly fond of my legal name, but I like it enough that I'd choose to keep it. smile.png My first name is John and I won't disclose my full name here for security reasons. One of the things that sucks about being named John is that it's very common for guys in my age group. Many times I'll answer to someone calling for "John" even though they're trying to get the attention of another person. On the other hand, I frequently tune out "Johns" intended for me because I think they're looking for someone else.  I can't win. derpy_emoticon2.png

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 1

Crispy is actually what everyone calls me in real life, be it at work or with my friends.

Most family doesn't, other than my sister and some cousins.

But with my name being Chris P., it just kinda works out.

• Brohoof 1

My name is Samuel. I just go by Sam. It's ok, I suppose. It's not awesome and it's not terrible. It works though, and I don't think I'd change it. It would be awesome to be called something like "Tiberius" or "Quintus" or something Roman. Percival or Horatio would be awesome too.