Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like your legal name?

Adente

Opinion on your name  

242 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like your legal name?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you could change your name, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

No, I don't like my legal name at all. My name is Jeanne, and everyone and I mean everyone pronounces it wrong :/. I wish I had a name that was a bit easier.

How are you meant to say it?

• 2 weeks later...

I like my first name. It's uncommon and unique, plus it reminds me of sunshine and happiness. Whenever people hear my name, they always say how pretty it is. I do get the ocassional jokes from some people about my name (in a non-hurtful manner), but I would never change my name regardless.

So I made a weird choice in the poll.....I put that I like my legal name, yet I would still be willing to change it :P So yes on both questions :D Why? Because I really like my current name. My first, middle and last name said together have a nice ring to it heck even with my second last name included it's fine ^_^

Yet if I had the chance I would still change it mainly for personal reasons. I would rather stick with only my second last name as my only legal official one because the first has some history behind it I would rather not go into detail about -_- Also I would change my first name to something my mom also considered as a name for me, to sort of get a new start and new identity fully :) Wouldn't have the same ring to it when put with my middle name, but it's better than keeping Gabriela with how much negative history it has -_-

• 5 months later...

Honestly, I have a serious dislike of my name. All through my high school years (and some middle school) I had to share my first name with the ugliest, nastiest football player. Everybody would always be talking to him, yelling for him in the halls, and I would always turn around, thinking they had called me. Eventually I learned to not turn around for my name, something that nereid my friends, when I finally had some.

Personally, I'd love to change my name to my OC/username Sēkr. Much more unique and personal than just another boring Anglo-Germanic name :P

I love my name, it's unique, masculine and exotic-sounding (even though I'm a Caucasian born in the US, go figure). It means "to sing", which fits me pretty we'll since I was in choir for seven years and still sing before audiences even to this day. Finally, it was given to me by my mother, whom I love very much. Therefore, no, I won't be changing it legally at any point.

I don't particularly like mine (Lauren). It's not that it's a bad name, but growing up with a speech disorder and everything, it's always been a bit of a pain to pronounce. Not to mention, it's a pretty boring name, considering its popularity. 

I may change my name when I'm older, but it depends.

Nope.

It's a long name that nobody can write properly, and noone outside of Belgium/Holland would be able to pronounce.

Definitely changing it when I'm moving, to something shorter and more generic ^^

Although I first disliked it, my name is something I grew to like. Don't mistake it with love, I would probably change it if I

-Wasn't lazy

-Had a better idea for a name.

But again, I don't complaint as hard as I used to be when I was like... 15?, so yeah, I will vote yes for now.

I'm indifferent, although I do question why my parents chose to go with Rose-mary and not Rose, it's shorter to say, and imo, better.

Either way, usually people call me Rose so it doesn't really matter.

My legal name is Brandon Ike McCarthy, and I sorta of like it. I would maybe consider changing it, but it doesn't really bother me so I don't see any reason. Though I should mention that my middle name rhymes with two of brothers middles names. :wacko:  I don't understand why my dad had to make our middle names rhyme. :confused:  (My brothers middle names are Mike, and Pike) I would never do that to my children. 

• 2 weeks later...