Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Location of the six keys

jish55

This is probably a question that is on a lot of people's minds (at least mine), and is interesting to try and figure out where the key's may be located. Now what this leads to is will the key's be in areas already talked about/visited by the mane 6, or will the key's be in completely new locations? 

My friend and I have come up with a few locations, but I'm interested to hear from you. As for the locations my friend and I have come up with, here they are:

-Tartarus: A place just mentioned, that imprisons some of the most terrifying creatures in all of Equestria. Why wouldn't a key be held there in a place NO PONY would visit?

-Kingdom of the Changelings: The Changelings had to come form somewhere, unless they come into being out of nothing, and I'm pretty sure there is a kingdom in which they would reside.

-The Crystal Caves of Canterlot: A place forgotten by most every pony, a perfect hiding spot.

• Brohoof 3

I do like your ideas, and I had some of my own, as well.

There should be "holders" of the keys, evil forces which seek to unlock the box for themselves and steal whichever thing is in it. They could mean the return of evil forces such as Chrysalis and Sombra, or the creation of new villains. These villains could be hiding in the places you mentioned.

I think it's possible that the keys are actually inside the Mane Six.

Like that they'll each go on some journey of growth or discovery and the keys will manifest from the magic within themselves.

• Brohoof 8

Like that they'll each go on some journey of growth or discovery and the keys will manifest from the magic within themselves.

I agree, assuming the tree just now created the box and hasn't kept it stored away for all this time, they keys likely don't yet exist and will manifest themselves when the time is right.

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm... I dunno. Sounds a little bit to cheesy for my taste. Though it's an interesting idea. It just sounds weird that the key just appears out of thin air you know?

Anyway, I like the idea of one of them being in the caves of Canterlot. They are forgotten so there's a high chance one could be in there. (Twilight's Key)
Maybe a high ranking pony in Manehattan or even Las Pegasus though they don't really know what it it''s for. (It's been passed down from generation from generation so they won't be giving it up so easily.) (Rarity's Key)
One of the many dragons has it in it's horde.(Futtershy's Key)
One of it is in the Griffion Kingdom (Rainbow Dash's Key)
Discord has one???? Or Perhaps Tartarus (Pinkie Pie's Key)
And the last one is unknown to me. Maybe buried on a faraway island or somewhere in the Northern Frontier where it's somewhere frozen in ice. (Applejack's Key)

I just want to know what the heck the keys look like.
Edited by Tyler Blu Gunderson

Sounds a little bit to cheesy for my taste. Though it's an interesting idea. It just sounds weird that the key just appears out of thin air you know?

Not really. It's just like GrifCannon said.

If the tree manifested that box the moment the girls saved it, then why would there be keys hidden away in physical hiding places?

The locks they go to wouldn't have existed!!

It's a magic crystal box, grown from a flower, which sprouted from the roots of a magical crystal tree that is the source of the magic behind the core concepts of friendship. I don't think it's a stretch that the keys will manifest from the essence of those concepts housed within the hearts of the Mane Six.

And as for cheesy, you do realize that you're watching My Little Pony right?

"We can always find a way to fix that hole in the roof. But if you leave, then we'll never find a way to fix the hole in our hearts."

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

Hmmm... I dunno. Sounds a little bit to cheesy for my taste. Though it's an interesting idea. It just sounds weird that the key just appears out of thin air you know?

I get the feeling it will be this I mean most of the adventures they have are comfortably in ponyville they don't usually travel that far away. If they had to travel somewhere to find the 6 keys then that would be 6 whole episodes or more or traveling and that doesn't look like the direction they are going. Unless they crammed finding the 6 keys in 1 or two episodes which would just feel sorta cheap to me. Plus the addition of diaries seems like its important to the overall plot, why else would they have those unless it had something to do with the keys?

I mean a lot of stuff is sorta cheesy in mlp though, lets just say I wouldn't be surprised if they took that route.

What if the keys don't have to be found rather they have to be earned.

I mean the box appeared only after the elements where returned and even then before Celestia took the elements the box didn't exist.

The box only appeared when Twilight decided that they needed to give up the elements (which as far as they knew was their last line of defense).

By giving up their greatest weapon they where rewarded with the opportunity of whatever was inside that box.

Now maybe it wasn't enough to prove themselves (hence the keys). It's not rewarding them yet, just presenting the opportunity to unlock what's inside which was never available before.

So to think the keys should be held by someone or in a fortress is pretty unlikely.

Rather I think this season (and beyond if the box arc last that long which may be unlikly) the mane six will be tested in new ways and have to earn their keys (I counted six key holes for six keys).

The story about Twilight learning about friendship is over. There is still much to learn, but rather than Twilight be the mane focus now the rest of the mane cast will have a chance to grow as well.

And the lessons they learn will not only affect them but others as well (I'm guessing based on the season's opening intro with the picture and other characters) and by sharing these lessons with others and havin lasting effect they will earn their representive keys that will unlock whatever is in that box.

• Brohoof 1

-Kingdom of the Changelings: The Changelings had to come form somewhere, unless they come into being out of nothing, and I'm pretty sure there is a kingdom in which they would reside.

I always thought the Changelings are a constantly migrating swarm, rather than a full-fledged kingdom with a set-in-stone, permanent headquarters. It would make a lot more sense, since they would always be travelling from place to place looking for love to feed off of anyway.

This is probably a question that is on a lot of people's minds (at least mine), and is interesting to try and figure out where the key's may be located. Now what this leads to is will the key's be in areas already talked about/visited by the mane 6, or will the key's be in completely new locations? 

My friend and I have come up with a few locations, but I'm interested to hear from you. As for the locations my friend and I have come up with, here they are:

-Tartarus: A place just mentioned, that imprisons some of the most terrifying creatures in all of Equestria. Why wouldn't a key be held there in a place NO PONY would visit?

-The Crystal Caves of Canterlot: A place forgotten by most every pony, a perfect hiding spot.

that's it, sir consider yourself bro hoofed.

Tartarus brought back?  you could stopped there but you just kept going LOL.

changeling kingdom... hell bucking yes!

now when you say the crystal cames

are you suggesting around the same place sombre's horn dropped?

I like what your cooking there sir.

Edited by FNGRpony
  • Brohoof 1

now when you say the crystal cames

are you suggesting around the same place sombre's horn dropped?

I like what your cooking there sir.

No, the place under Canterlot where both Twilight Sparkle and Cadence were trapped when Crisalis was impersonating Cadence, there seemed to be a lot more there then just what we saw, and since no one know's about that place makes perfect sense.

I have a prediction. Each of the main six will find there own key, but by doing something very amazing. Maybe fighting off a villan, figuring out something special about them, etc

I agree with this theory since this show has a lot of emphasis on destiny and what makes someone special.

This would also concur with the theme that the whole Princess Twilight story line seems to be working off of-that you need to utilize what makes you special or achieve your full potential.

Maybe the keys are really basic items? The only thing I'm wondering besides this is What do the keys look like?! I can't wait till they find the first one, maybe then will we get some more clues on where the others are, and how they're found!

Crystal Empire - sealed away inside an unbreakable crystal deep in the palace's dungeon. Found by Cadance and Shining Armor.

Cloudsdale - lodged between the gears on the inside of a broken down cloud machine in an abandoned weather factory. Found by Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Manehattan - held in a box by the mayor of Manehattan as a family heirloom. Found by Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

Appleloosa - held by the buffalo tribe as an ancient relic from their ancestors. Found by Applejack, Big Macintosh, and Apple Bloom.

Canterlot - hidden inside one of Star Swirl's former spell books. Found by Twilight Sparkle.

Ponyville - buried at the bottom of the town's well. Found by the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

If they're going to be ordinary keys in ordinary places, almost like hidden in plain sight kinda way.