NavelColt

S04:E05 - Flight to the Finish  

338 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

... I really didn't like this episode. It was fun at first, but once the episode allowed Diamond Tiara and SIlver Spoon to speak, the curse of their existence really lead me to dislike it. I'm never able to bear it when those two are allowed to have a speaking role. Because they always suck.

Aside from that, though, that ending was RUSHED AS ALL TARTARUS. Like, the whole Magical Mystery Cure episode didn't even compare. It just ended.

Look, I don't hate the episode. It's certainly better than Ponyviille Confidential. But I'm disappointed in it. And I really hope next week's episode is better.

I agree. DT and SS were a bit to harsh here. They should've been shown less or got a punishment. At least then it would've been more satisfying. We don't need to see them teasing the CMC 2/3's of the episode.

Loved this episode. I'm impressed that there hasn't been a single bad episode this season yet.

This was a CMC episode done right. Scootaloo is also, in my opinion, the most interesting of the three. I also really liked Sleepless in Ponyville.

I wonder which of the CMC is going to get their cutie mark first.

But wow..I didn't think Diamond Tiara could be even more despicable than she already was...

• Brohoof 4

You realize of course that Rainbow Dash is gonna have to pay for that damage she did to the school when she first appeared in the episode right? She burst a hole in the wall  :o

Nah Rainbow Dash is like a Celebrity there.

She doesn't have to pay a single bit lol

• Brohoof 2

This was a fantastic episode and my new favorite of this season so far.

I was pleasantly surprised with Scootaloo's characterization in this episode as it was really enjoyable and well done despite her previously being one of my least favorite characters. This episode definitely made me appreciate her character a lot more.

The song was really enjoyable and catchy and had great visuals to go along with it.

I was also happy with Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash's interaction as it was soo cute.

The episode was really well made and quite enjoyable and one of the most enjoyable times I've had watching an episode in quite a while this is soo going to be in my top favorite episodes.

I also loved RD and Harshwinny's interactions in the episode especially at the end it was pretty hilarious.

The only bad part of the episode was the **** teasing of Scootaloo's cutie mark man did that make me want to flip a table but besides that this episode was really absolutely awesome.

9/10

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

This here. This episode.

It.

Was.

Great!

You know, I expected more. More interaction between RD and Scoots, for example, but hey... it was good nonetheless. A bit short, Ms. Harshwhinny was a bit annoying... but the rest. The rest!

Dashie trying to not be her usual self. I mean, "professionalism"?! Ha, it was funny!

"Diabolic" Tiara; Bullies gonna bully. As much as I dislike her, she was well written.

The lesson in the end... might be a bit... hmmm, flat as in "could've been more", but it was well executed.

And the song. One of the best so far, I'd say.

Oh, and it had enough feels to make feel all tingly inside! :squee:

I really liked it. Overall good, I think. Even more than that. A missed opportunity, perhaps because it could've been longer and could've had... simply more of everything it had, you know. But I like it. I even think it might be the episode of this season so far.

... I really didn't like this episode. It was fun at first, but once the episode allowed Diamond Tiara and SIlver Spoon to speak, the curse of their existence really lead me to dislike it. I'm never able to bear it when those two are allowed to have a speaking role. Because they always suck.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were effective shit-disturbers, weren't they? They caused the major conflict of the episode to happen, didn't they?

• Brohoof 1

It's lucky for me that I found a good heart surgeon, 'cause I've lost yet another heart from all the feels from this episode.

tumblr_mxt0ekmpy11t4fj2vo1_1280.png

I mean, look at that face. Even taken out of context it's one of the most heartwrenching face in this whole series. It's on par with Fluttershy's super-sad "YES!" from Hurricane Fluttershy.

Anyway, this was one the episodes I was looking forward to the most, and I was not disappointed. This is by far the cutest episode yet, with a nice balance of sad of triumphant moments. The CMC's routine is amazing, it shows how much they've grown since the talent show. Dash and Harshwhinny's  "professionalism" made me laugh so hard, you can tell they're losing their minds trying to maintain composure. The song is adorable, the melody is top-notch. And when Scootaloo tossed her own scooter, I just couldn't help shedding a tear.

This is my favorite episode of the season so far, and I have a feeling there's gonna be many more favorites down the line.

• Brohoof 2

It was quite good, and for the friendship of the cutie mark crusaders is also tested like the mane six, that is very impressive to see even they get challenged. We also got a call back to the Equestria Games and Ms. Harshwhinny, the continuity in season four has me ecstatic, I really like the song "Hearts as strong as Horses", and could be a contender for my favourite CMC song such as "Babs Seed". I never like Diamond Tiara, but in this episode she was so diabolical I just wanted to render my brand of justice, I had my Aimpoint sight on her while she schemed, and to see the cutie mark crusaders rally one another after Diamond Tiara's banter, was done quite well and with Rainbow Dash present. There is an open ended question regarding Scootaloo's ability to fly, the Equestria Games outcome, and the cutie marks that the fillies could earn, I can see build up for another episode, after all season three did that and this is the arc in the current season, maybe Scootaloo will fly and the cutie mark crusaders will earn their cutie marks, in full lime light of the Equestria Games, as Scootaloo once said "The possibilities are like endless", and they can finally get Diamond Tiara off their case, all in all this could become my top favourite CMC episode, and next stop "The Power Ponies".             

• Brohoof 1

This episode was pretty good, better than last week's anyway. Scootaloo got some development(the flying thing, plus OMG house, almost thought it was the clubhouse at first but guess not lol) so I'm very happy with that. We got the first song this season too which was good. Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara were just jerks though, it was cool to see Sweetie Belle say she outright does not like them. I think the episode may have tried to do too much in its timeslot though, which resulted in a somewhat rushed feeling. The scooter riding montage was cool though, now that was fun. I liked RD here too, keeping her emotions in check is certainly one thing that she REALLY needs to learn to do, especially after last week's episode, so I loved that this episode explored that a little- Harshwhinny might be for Dash with her emotions like how Cadence was for Twilight with her getting over her worrying problem in Games Ponies Play. Overall though, gotta say this one was certainly one of the better CMC episodes, and was at least partially the Scootaloo episode I've always wanted, moreso than her last one anyway, and whether or not it's the minimum of what we'll see in terms of her development this season remains to be seen, but for now I am satisfied. 8.5/10

• Brohoof 2

I liked it, but... I expected more. I would've liked to see more Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash moments, and I also would've liked to see the routines of some of the other ponies. The song was nice, but nothing too special IMO. Also, I thought Diamond Tiara's and Silver Spoon's teasing was somewhat overdone; I mean, they were written well, but I think the time could be better spent on something else. Overall, I'll give it a 7/10, because it was a pretty likable episode, and it had some good moments as well; like when Scootaloo learned that she doesn't have to fly in order to carry the flag.

Edited by PowerStar89
  • Brohoof 2

OK, some initial thoughts from the latest episode:

-I liked the song overall.  The only thing that bugged me is the use of the word horses.  Have we ever seen an official horse in this cartoon?  I don't think the fairy tale about the headless horse counts.  :huh:

-I like how DT and SS circle their prey like sharks.  They always find a way to get under the CMC's skin.  And if all else fails, they know how to mess up one mentally to break the group apart.  :fiery:

-Seeing a sad Scootaloo tugs at my heartstrings.  :(

-Nice to see the return of the running gag where a speeding Scootaloo meets Granny Smith and does something interesting. 

-And we got at least one more Squeaky Belle squeak! :D

But every episode this season does something to make me shake my head in disbelief.

-In this one, it was Scootaloo's ability to haul herself and her friends all the way to the Crystal Empire in time for the competition.  Scoots' wings may be too weak to keep her airborne, but they have great endurance.  :lol:  The way they shimmied over the mountains is reminiscent of Rarity's Cutie Mark Chronicles moment. 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 9

I haven't seen it yet: can I ask are there any links to see the episode yet?

Too soon?

:)

Okay once again am begging for a link to YouTube or anywhere I can fine this episode.

Found a link

http://vk.com/thedoctorteam

It's the second vid down, not the best quality and the first part is the end of last weeks episode so you might wanna skip the vid forawd . 

Edited by Asherdangerdash

So, we finally got the Scootaloo episode everyone had been asking for. I think the fact that she has a bedroom alone just caused the veritable libraries of "Orphan-Scootaloo" fics to burst into flames.

It was actually nice to see Miss. Harshwinney after so long. Whoever voiced her did a great job of perpetually sounding grumpy and pissed off. Though one little inconsistency here: Dash goes on about how excited she was when she got to carry the flag when Cloudsdale hosted the games, despite the fact that the main point of her wanting so much for the Crystal Empire to win was because she was crushed when Cloudsdale didn't host the games. Either the writers forgot that little detail or Dash was just playing it up to get the fillies and colts hyped.

Next we have the song. I'll admit that I'm a bit on the fence about this one and admittedly it's for a really, really stupid reason. Sure it was catchy and all, but I just couldn't take it any bit seriously after they said how they were "strong as horse". Not once has this show ever used the "H" word before, instead going for ponies. Hell, the closest we got to anything to actual earth horses and not equine shaped were the Saddle Arabian ponies. Again, it's a stupid reason but it just bugs me all the same.

The weakest point for this episode here was, as is starting to be the case with a lot of CMC episode, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, in other words our "antagonists.". I get that they are supposed to be bullies, but with each new appearance they start not only becoming more and more needlessly cruel but more one-note and one-dimensional to the point that if randomly Diamond Tiara threw her head back and let loose with a B-villain "Mwhahahahahha!" I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Plus, here they didn't face any comeuppance for they said. Sure they didn't win, but that was it.

And finally we get the point has been long coming to be addressed: Will Scootaloo fly or not? Truthfully, I'm a little mad that they went the safe route and still kept the whole thing in the air as "She may fly one day or she not, we don't know." but I like that the message they added here softened that a little since they say that whether she flies or not, it won't change who she is.

Granny Smith is still confirmed to be a Badass Grandma.         

• Brohoof 5

OK, some initial thoughts from the latest episode:

-I liked the song overall.  The only thing that bugged me is the use of the word horses.  Have we ever seen an official horse in this cartoon?  I don't think the fairy tale about the headless horse counts.  :huh:

-I like how DT and SS circle their prey like sharks.  They always find a way to get under the CMC's skin.  And if all else fails, they know how to mess up one mentally to break the group apart.  :fiery:

-Seeing a sad Scootaloo tugs at my heartstrings.  :(

-Nice to see the return of the running gag where a speeding Scootaloo meets Granny Smith and does something interesting. 

-And we got at least one more Squeaky Belle squeak! :D

But every episode this season does something to make me shake my head in disbelief.

-In this one, it was Scootaloo's ability to haul herself and her friends all the way to the Crystal Empire in time for the competition.  Scoots' wings may be too weak to keep her airborne, but they have great endurance.  :lol:  The way they shimmied over the mountains is reminiscent of Rarity's Cutie Mark Chronicles moment. 

Actually I am pretty sure that we have seen horses in the show. Remember the delegates from Saddle Arabia?

post-7852-0-71329600-1387039642.jpg

• Brohoof 6

Scootaloo meets Granny Smith and does something interesting.

That high five/brohoof  moment with Scoots and Granny Smith made me laugh more than I should have. I can't help but think that Granny Smith just spends her days walking around Ponyville giving out bad-ass brohoofs to ponies without a single word haha.

• Brohoof 4