NavelColt

S04:E05 - Flight to the Finish  

338 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Fun and inoffensive episode. It avoided being maudlin which is what I feared. The only complaints I have is that Dash, although I liked her role, the fangirling became irritating and Scootaloo's obsession with flying felt a little fake and forced. Like her character wasn't 'in it' so to speak.

But those are minor issues.

Oh and I suppose Dashfans will attempt to argue that this is character development unique to Dash even though I suspect every character has gone through something similar with another character (i.e supporting another character or advice giving)

Edited by Whatevs
  • Brohoof 1

I expected to see more "sisters time" between Dash and Scootaloo but anyway, you can't always get what you want. I really liked the episode though, I can't say I reaaaally loved it but I liked it! First song of the season was cute and awesome and overexcited Dashie was fun. I really would've liked a stronger emphasis on the thing Dash said to Scootaloo about them being different ponies, just as she says "But that was me, you are you." Again, you can't always get what you want, but the episode in general was amazing!

• Brohoof 1

Glad that they fianally adressed the schoots flight issue and have now yet labeled her"disabled" which was actually one of my reliefes in this episode, also loved Rainbow Dash in this episode as well, i give er a 6.3/10

Ed Valentine wrote rainbow Dash and Scootaloo very well, if this is what we can expect from him, i will be looking forward to more of his episodes, Claire Corlett was also singing in this one as i heard that she is singing this season, it was refreshing to hear her sing, she developing a singing voice I hope we get to hear more CMC songs in the season.

I loved this episode! Then again, I love basically every episode, so...

But! This one was still really good in my eyes. The storyline, while predictable, was cute, and we had some sad moments with Scoots, as well as some funny moments (as with Granny Smith high-hoofing Scoots while they were on the scooter).

The song was adorable, uplifting, and catchy, and its interesting tune is sure to make for some cool remixes! :D

Overall, really good episode! And yay for the first song of Season 4! :catface:

• Brohoof 1

oh my god, scoots lives in a house. i liked what they did with her room. Also this ep was so adorable. I loved a lot of it, and predicted the cmc would win. The story was a tad predictable but it was still good. We finally got to see where scoots lives. all in all 9/10

A good episode. I'm not the biggest CMC fan, at least when they have their own episodes.. But that's my fault not the writers fault. They aren't gonna up and abandon them because I want more Mane 6 love. :P

I also thought it was interesting having the CMC have a real conflict with each other. This is the first time I can think of where they had a falling out. Since their inception they've been nothing but the best of friends so seeing them frustrated with each other is interesting, even if it was just Diamond Tiara being a bitch again.

Well now, the episode had several elaborately interwoven themes and morals, none of which needed to be explained or recapped at the end, as well as exceptional character development for Scootaloo and fruition for one of the most talked about fan theories.

Needless to say, this episode ruled.

• Brohoof 2

It is definitely my favorite episode this season so far, and overall think the the morals they are bringing, most notably for last episode and this one are really good ones. One thing which really bugged me though at the end was when she didn't get the cutie mark. Looking at how other characters attained theirs in comparison to this episode was not that hard so why she didn't just really bugged me, but still my favorite episode this season still! :D

Hmm it was an ok episode, I suppose. Admittedly I was a little bored at parts, but I wouldn't say it was bad. I was never too into the CMC, but I still kind of enjoyed seeing them together. Felt really bad for Scoots :( screw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon for messing with her head. The CMC drama in this episode was kind of new, which was pretty interesting to watch. The song was kind of meh :/ and I think the episode could've used a bit more Scootalove as well. Oh, and my favorite part was seeing Scootaloo's Rainbow Dash poster lol :3 I wish I had one. Yes I know I jumped around a lot in this post haha. Just stating random things I felt about the episode.

• Brohoof 1

I loved it!

Awesome to see another cutie mark crusader episode, and more specifically a rainbow and scoots episode.

I love how they still have good ideas for lessons in friendship even after 4 seasons!

Good job hasbro B)

Howdy all!

What to say about this episode.

Its one word: AWESOME!! B)

The CMCs singing again is top notch.

With Clarie, Maddie & Michelle to boot too. (YES!!)

Kudos to Daniel Ingram for the song.

Miss Harshwinny returns wich is :lol:

DT & SS are mean :angry: 

Poor Scoots fer letting those 2 get to her. :(

At least RD & the other 2 crusaders snapped her out of her funk.

Great ep.

Ashleigh Ball cracks me up as RD. :lol:

And I thought Daring Dont was her best RD ep but Flight may take the cake here.

See ya!

I liked this episode! Finally a normal episode without a bunch of evil monsters and other things that makes the mane 6 stand out as a group of power ponies *cough*.

I loved how Rainbow Dash was all excited but Ms. Harshwhinny told her to be professional, haha. I also liked that they finally has a moment where Scootaloo was told that she's great even if she can't fly ^_^ I don't really know what else to say about the episode, but I enjoyed it.

The song though... eeeehhhhhh...... :/ Let's just say it's not a favorite.

• Brohoof 1

*clears throat, tries to keep professionalism* This is probably my favorite episode of season 4 and the overall show...meh, I LOVED IT! It put up a lot of challenges for the Cutie Mark Crusaders (mostly Scootaloo) and Rainbow Dash like keeping their act together, dealing with disabilities, or being able to keep calm whenever necessary, so the plot wasn't very flat.

Also, I like how Miss Harshwinny's mouth is animated when she talks in the beginning; blableblahblehblah :eww: !

• Brohoof 2

It was a wonderful episode and nice to see the CMC back in action once again. It was really sad as well making DT & SS both dread those characters even more than I did. But the episode had a great morals as to not give up on yourself and I really liked that. 

There is still a lot of stuff unanswered about Scoots still left up in the air. But getting to see her and Dash bond was a really nice add to the episode. 

Great episode and S4 is coming along very nicely in my opinion.

So, it looks like I'm with the majority this time. I love this episode.

First: Snips and Snails... Uuuuuurgh...

And them Miss Harshwinny makes me feel like I want to strangle a pony... A particularly annoying brown blonde earth pony.

Rainbow was amusing. Felt like herself, I guess. But nothing special until she had to bring the CMC back together. Her talk with Scootaloo was great.

And Scootaloo didn't fly. And she may fly one day. Or not.  :lol:  I knew they wouldn't decide on either way. No need to rush this. If this is brought up again, it will be a lot better than solving this problem in one single episode: even though it has been apparent earlier, it was never important. Speaking of "rushing", I don't think that the ending was rushed. We'd already seen their routine. No need to show it again.

If I have complain about something, it's that I felt that Rainbow may have been a little overdone in the beginning. But it didn't bother me. I just thought she was being the opposite to Harshwinny and it was funny how they changed postures in the end.

That close on Scootaloo's wings in the end... Uh... My personal opinion on Scootaloo flying: I'd like if she could fly, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Like Dashie says, shes awesome even now, with her scooter.

And the CMC are still hunting for their cutie marks. It was a good day.

EDIT: I really liked the song. Not one of my favorites, but I definitively liked it.

Edited by moonlightavenger

It was a nice, heartwarming episode. I liked it, and I've been impressed with the episodes by the new writers so far. I was surprised to see no Mane 6 character other than Rainbow Dash, but that's okay. The song was alright.

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 2

Eh, it was okay, but nothing special. The part about scoots accepting that she can't and may never fly was a bit touching, that was really all I cared about in this episode. The plot was predictable from start the finish, and wasn't really interesting overall. Characters want to win in some talent-type show, bullies try to sabotage them by making one of them feel inadequate, she gets over it, than they win. That's it. The song was alright but wasn't great. I didn't find the episode funny either, but at this point I've given up hope of this show being consistently funny so whatevs.

Overall, a forgettable episode that could have never existed and I wouldn't have cared. Well, at least there were no plot holes, I think.

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 1

It was a nice, heartwarming episode. I liked it, and I've been impressed with the episodes by the new writers so far. I was surprised to see that this was the first episode to feature only one Mane 6 character, but that's another story. The song was alright.

Applejack was the only one in Family appreciation day

Twilight was the only one in hearts and hooves

• Brohoof 1

My favorite episode of season 4 yet! :) I absolutely loved how they did the faces and animation in this episode, especially Miss Harshwhinny's. Seems to be a recurring theme this season, and a welcome one. The song was nice, and quite catchy, but I could've done without the constant repetition of the titular phrase. Pacing was somewhat off, I feel, and the story had some flaws that bugged me, but the episode was overall pretty decent.

• Brohoof 2