Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite memory from 2013?

D1SC0RD

While this year has been rather average and not as exciting as I was hoping it to be, there are three.

For starters, joining the forums was one of the best things I've done, and with all the friends and attention I made, it's been pretty awesome!

Second, getting my 3DS, as not only have I converted from sony to nintendo, but I have found many of my favorite handheld games of all time!

And lastly, graduating from high school wasn't what I expected, but I'm glad I'm out, and I NEVER have to go back to high school ever again, they can go suck it! XD

As for 2014, I do think this is my year, so here's to another year!

• Brohoof 2

I'd say when Equestria Girls came out. It was the first time me and my friend EarthbendingProdigy did something together since I moved away. We hadn't seen each other in years, though I talk to him everyday it wasn't the same as visiting him everyday like I used to. We went and arranged to see it on opening day and while we were there we got to meet other fans in real life for the first time. Afterwards we went to his place and watched the Dark Knight returns animated movie, talked, watched WWE's Payback and other stuff. It was undeniably the best day of the entire shitty year. Though I suppose I should mention my brother got married this year but I didn't enjoy the wedding.

post-9351-0-21364000-1387937668_thumb.png

post-9351-0-14349500-1387937971_thumb.jpg

Other than that my year was like this:

post-9351-0-52626300-1387938017_thumb.jpg

Rejoining this site and making so many awesome friends!

Sorry guys,  I won't list them, because I am bound to forget some of them and I don't want upset or hurt anyone. Lets just say that meeting all of you on here and becoming friends was my best memory of 2013

My favorite memories of 2013 would be 1) going through with the endeavor of selling all of the things I no longer used so I could put together the money to build my first custom desktop computer. I did it in an effort to achieve better personal organization skills because I could be more productive at my desk, and so far, it's worked

And 2) when my best friend from high school moved in with me from Oklahoma State and got me to playing MTG.

Hmmm, favorite memory? Umm, well all my life I was home schooled.. So as where I did have a social life and so forth, I never went to a formal academia. College for me was the first time I'd be away from home, and the first time I'd be in a formal school, with teachers I could physically see, and classrooms I'd actually sit in! It's an experience I've always wanted, so I was really excited for it. When It was orientation day I was so scared and nervous, but I remember being really happy because I made it into my first choice University! I was pretty scared the whole time because even though I connected with a lot of kids at my school online, we never really seemed to click in person! I did end up clicking with my roommate though, she was really nice (and we ended up being pretty good friends to this day). =[ I remember crying a lot when my mom left, and I felt pretty numb after that.. =] I quickly started making friends at my school, connecting with people, and now I feel so at home! It's pretty lame, but it makes me really happy to think about it! =]

1. Marching in the Alamodome, for UIL (interscholastic competition.) It felt amazing, turf that isn't crumbling.

2. Getting the Gold Medal! #Well Deserved.

3. Joining the herd. In general, unlike everyone else. I was actually on the verge of suicide at that point. From the outside, you'd be surprised how much shit I get. It was the happiest moment of my LIFE.

4. When I called Dsanders a hipster, creating the least popular meme on the internet. Well, since I'm NEITHER MAINSTREAM NOR HIPSTER, I kindve make fun of both ends of the spectrum.

@Dsanders it's okay, my brothers a hipster like you. :P #GreatMemories.

I have several. This has been either the best year of my life or second best so far. :) This is going to be in order from the least recent to the most recent:

• I went ice skating for the first time in January. I had trouble at first, and I had to hold onto the rails. There were two kids (probably around age 8 or 9ish) standing in front of the rails so I had to go around them, and I fell right in front of them. I was extremely embarrassed, and I thought that they were probably secretly making fun of me. A little while later, one of the kids came up to me and said that I shouldn't worry, and that soon I'll be as good as him. Eventually, about 15-30 minutes later I actually became pretty good, and didn't have to hold on to the rails. I even was going fast, and the kid came up to me again and told me that I was doing great, and that he knew I could do it or something like that. I'm not 100% sure about what he said exactly since this was nearly a year ago, but that kid being so nice to me, and me just having so much fun ice skating, is easily one of my favorite memories.
  • In July I sort of faced one of my fears. I'm extremely shy around my family, more so than around strangers (I know its strange, and they're actually pretty nice people, but I just am for some reason) I actually talked to one of my cousins that I've never said anything to before. Granted, it was just a whisper and a few words, but thats amazing progress for me! :D In addition, I spent two days with one of my cousin's son, and I had so much fun going to the movie theaters with him, and just hanging out with him.
  • Two months later, in September, I opened up on this forum about something thats been bothering me forever; having no friends and being lonely. I thought nobody would reply because what I wrote was so long, and I thought that I was never going to make a friend. Much to my surprise, I ended up with lots of people giving me advice, telling me that I could PM them if I ever needed someone to talk to, and starting conversations with a few people. I even made a best friend whose also on the forums, who I'm still friends with to this day. :) We talk almost everyday, and we can relate some.
  • A smaller thing, but I completely overcame one of my fears. I overcame my fear of spiders. I use to have a panic attack whenever I saw one, no matter how small or harmless, but now if I see a spider I just shrug it off. I couldn't be prouder of myself. :D

So yeah, as you can see 2013 has been an amazing year for me. ^_^

• 5 years later...

Looking back on it years later, my friendships and building my friendship back up with my ex were the standouts. Of course, my ex and I did not get that happy ending I would have liked. However, it was a dark time in my life having to drop out of the university I was attending and giving up on ever going back to college for music, which essentially meant giving up on college altogether. My friends and the thought of getting back together with my ex were the only things that held me together.

I also got my oboe that year, and getting closer to my ex meant joining the community orchestra, where I met the principal oboist. All of that ended up being so important for my life in late 2015 and getting me back into school. Which, is all so ironic... Me getting the oboe was saying "I'm defeated" because I had no intention of getting an oboe before I graduated from college. And then, of course, me joining the community orchestra was more to get closer to my ex (although not entirely), yet all of that ended up getting me back into college. Still very weird to think!

Anyway, other things I remember fondly from 2013 (aside from the trip with the university's orchestra, which as I noted in my first post in this topic was a bit of a mess for me, but I don't look back upon it quite as badly.), was me finding new music, music that I listen to very prominently now. In 2013, I got into early music (beyond choral works like Tallis, which I had liked for a few years beforehand) and British Folk. Both genres that I listen to A LOT now.

Also, 2013 was THE point where I recognized that Musicology is my strong point, and that Music Education wasn't what I should pursue. Taking Music History II that last semester at that university was where I saw all of the rest of the music program just dreading and hating every moment of Music History, meanwhile I was excited for every class, and I read earlier portions of the textbook that we weren't covering in that class for fun on my own time...

So, yeah, 2013 was a big year for me, even though I couldn't possibly understand the magnitude of it at that time.

2013 was the year when I (with the rest of the family) followed my father on this trip. There was a General Election that year and happened to be one of the many people who helped in the campaigning. And the work includes the need to go deep into.. uh.... oldish, not so develop but kinda, village-ish, surrounded by kilometers of trees, kind of places (in my language, those places are informally refered as kampung/hutan). So it was a great expirience. It was because of that trip that I started watching MLP actually XD.

And the Election Day was a lot of fun. So there is that.

Well, I stand by what I initially posted on my old account. I got to march in the Alamodome, and it was the year I initially started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and joined this forum. Also, I think it's funny I took so much pride in calling @Dsanders a hipster for some reason.

I actually had a psychotic episode that year, so it wasn’t a good year for me.  I guess I’d have to say getting out of my toxic environment and moving to Canada was the best part of the year?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...