Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kid kicked out for liking ponies.

Kodiak

This is what I mean... And I thought my life sucked... Humans truly are terrible creatures. :(

Not all of them, but some individuals sure can be rotten yes.

Problem is most parents don't understand and think that because it deals with colorful ponies that it changes your sexual orientation if you watch the show. I mean it's pretty stupid to assume something like that.

This event has actually made me feel scared, I'm taking me and my pony episodes into secrecy .______.

Don't worry, most people are reasonable and actually possess a degree of level head. I am visiting my mother, and while I was here, my 28 years old male self watched the latest MLP episode livestreamed online while she was sitting behind me working on some paperwork. My mother didn't mind at all. Then again I watched even the more frilly show of ponies as a kid so she's pretty much accustomed of me doing whatever I feel like despite what is commonly seen as "approriate" for my gender.

I'd like to say parents generally deserve more credit than they are given, they were kids too once and likely have their own silly shit. The fact that there are idiots out there doesn't mean your parents are that unless you know them to be gay bashing, racist, small minded jerkwads in other matters than TV shows too.

Honestly, I feel bad for him. And his parents.

I mean, everytime a new episode of MLP:FiM comes on I play it as loud as I can.

My parents don't mind at all!

I give all of my pity to this guy, and I'll add him to my 'epic ponies list'.

Right on! Watch ponies and be chill about it. that's how you win the dogma involved with it. Showing no shame where none is needed.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...First of all I felt really bad for him. :( The freaky part was I was listening to "Not one of us" right before I came here.

But yeah...I am glad that he has a friend who can give him a place to stay. I can't stand it when people treat our fellow friends/fans like they are infectious bio-hazardous life organisms that need serious mental help. I honestly think that the help needs to go to the other hoof (The parents for being so damn cruel to their child OVER A SHOW).

I really do love this community though, it never ceases to amaze me and feel proud.

Edited by Hayze

The fuck ? ._. Aren't somepony's parents supposed to be supporting you

in no matter what you do ? Well... Apparently not, i guess ._.

Well you'd think so... My ultra-conservative father told me he'd kill me and then kill himself if I were gay! :(

Lucky for him I'm not gay, but that's still something a parent should never EVER say to their child!

I wonder how he'd react if I told him I like ponies? :huh:

My ultra-conservative father told me he'd kill me and then kill himself if I were gay! :(

Lucky for him I'm not gay, but that's still something a parent should never EVER say to their child!

I wouldn't call that a sign of being ultra conservative.

I'd call that a sign of being completely, utterly, and criminally insane.

• Brohoof 3

Well you'd think so... My ultra-conservative father told me he'd kill me and then kill himself if I were gay! :(

I wonder how he'd react if I told him I like ponies? :huh:

I don't think I would tell him to be honest. He may see it as a stage to "Homosexuality" as some people tend to think bronyism leads to.

I'm sorry, but at first read that sounds entirely fake to me.

His parents hate people for liking a cartoon, and kick their son out at 15 for liking the same cartoon? I just did a quick search. All I find is people saying "A kid over on the MLP Reddit has been evicted from home", and then they quote his post. There is no actual proof that the event took place. This is all based on someone making a couple posts in a public forum. Why is everyone jumping on this as if it were fact? If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I myself have found nothing to back this up.

PS. In the state of Texas, a parent is legally responsible for a child until he is 17. It is actually against the law to throw an underage kid out of the house there.

For all we know he could be 48, and laughing his butt off right now!

What Viscra said. Why would you even want to joke about stuff like this ?...

I would...

Sorry but I would, I have no consideration for anything or anyone and couldn't care less if anyone I knew died tomorrow.

okay, maybe not. but there are people like that and they have a term to describe them...

TROLL!

But yeah I honestly find it hard to believe, I won't say its false but I won't say its real. oh and ponies are always subject to trolling!

:L I just don't know anymore

• Brohoof 1

PS. In the state of Texas, a parent is legally responsible for a child until he is 17. It is actually against the law to throw an underage kid out of the house there.

Against the law =/= Impossible.

It's called Trolling. It happens on every website. I just looked again. There are no news items anywhere backing this story up. It's still just people quoting that original post at Reddit. Just because someone posts something on the internet, that doesn't make it automatically true!

I am now certain it's someone trolling, getting a good laugh at the pony lovers.

If I went to Reddit and said "My daddy threw me out because I had a DVD of Kim Possible" would people send me care packages and stuff?

I don't think that you would joke about a matter as serious such as this.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever happened to love and tolerance! Shame on them!

Fellow bronies we will always face these problems, but our friendships can help us rise above these evils.

Anybody else think we should create our own political party? Maybe that would give those kinds of people something to think about.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

It's called Trolling. It happens on every website. I just looked again. There are no news items anywhere backing this story up. It's still just people quoting that original post at Reddit. Just because someone posts something on the internet, that doesn't make it automatically true!

I am now certain it's someone trolling, getting a good laugh at the pony lovers.

If I went to Reddit and said "My daddy threw me out because I had a DVD of Kim Possible" would people send me care packages and stuff?

i have never, EVER seen a subject similar to this turning out to be just some guy trolling. people don't joke about serious matters. i would never of told the forums here that i would take my own life, go away, then reappear the next week saying i was just trolling about the subject. you just don't do that.

but what do i know. this whole thing is months old. maybe it's been resolved in one way or another.

also, i don't believe complete strangers would start sending care packages if you said just what you put in quotes you would, though i believe that they'd show you some sympathy at first. the subjects i've seen being among the lines of these kinds have all appeared to be true.

No, you need a 5 kill streak

It could very well be trolling but it could very well be real. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and I hope that it was true.

• Brohoof 5

No, you need a 5 kill streak

It could very well be trolling but it could very well be real. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and I hope that it was true.

I agree, I would rather give support and have that go to waste, than give negativity to build upon real life stress from the event.

I feel where you're coming from. Honestly, I had the same doubts as you. Though, I've seen kids getting kicked out for more trivial matters than ponies, so I figured it wasn't a stretch of the imagination that something like this could happened. As for the news media's coverage of this, you really don't see a news report on every child that get kicked out their house. Unless the news media sees something as "exciting" (local terrorists, a mass tragedy, etc.), they aren't going to make that story a top priority.

I could be completely wrong and this really is some guy out there trolling the fandom, but I don't feel that's the case. Perhaps it's just the natural trust and integrity that the fandom has amongst it's members.

• 1 year later...