Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kid kicked out for liking ponies.

Kodiak

The moral of parents supporting their children is now out the window. Kicking your child out for liking ponies is pretty ridiculous since I have ponies on my computer but, my mom didn't kick me out. Amazing fandom but, bad parent.

• Brohoof 2

Wow, it's extremely pathetic how he would get kicked out of the house for liking a cartoon.

Honestly...if the mother goes that extreme about it, she must not care about her son too much.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 2

What kind of crap was in that parents head? I don't think we'll ever know. But, it just goes to show how supportive we as bronies are for each other. This fandom changed my life, and I thank all of you for making being a brony so awesome! /)^3^(\

• Brohoof 1

As I stated almost two years ago, there is STILL nothing to confirm this story actually happened. If you do a web search, all you get is people quoting from the original Reddit post. There is nothing else out there to back it up. I am still convinced some 45 year old troll is off somewhere laughing at how gullible Bronies are.

• Brohoof 2

Some faith in humanity has been lost. Reasons like this one make me conceal my brony identity even more, unaware of the potential consequences.

I can't say much that differs. His parents must be serious a**holes if they're going to kick out their 15 year old (ok..maybe that's not that young anymore) son just because of something they like, whether or not it is normal. We all have weird fetishes like MLP, embrace it!

@parents: You're lucky you're not in Texas..no wait, you are!!

As I stated almost two years ago, there is STILL nothing to confirm this story actually happened. If you do a web search, all you get is people quoting from the original Reddit post. There is nothing else out there to back it up. I am still convinced some 45 year old troll is off somewhere laughing at how gullible Bronies are.
There are adult bronies out there, aren't they?

Some of them could have done two things:

contact the parents (to conform the story, at least),

contact the authorities (like child cervice or whatever they have in Texas).

Was it ever done?

I'm going to be inclined to agree, I've never seen any evidence to back up these stories we saw early on of people actually being kicked out or badly injured because of being a brony.

Ridiculous, ridiculous, ridiculous, that's all I can say about the whole situation. Sadly, the world is filled with closed-minded "responsible adults" who think they're doing the best for the child without even knowing the context of anything that's going on.

Old topic is old. Still, I've got to say, this kind of acts as the ultimate proof that some people have genuinely good reasons for being "closet" bronies. It's absolutely heartbreaking to think that parents would ever disown their children over something as trivial as an interest or hobby, but it seems to be more common than most people think.

Frankly, parents who can't love their children unconditionally are the type of people who really had no business having children in the first place - you simply don't kick your 15-year-old child out of your house. If I were his friend's parent, I'd have called CPS.

• Brohoof 2

i've heard of guys being picked on for liking this show, but this just takes it to the extreme! my parents disapprove of me being a fan, but i'm not kicked out my house or anything. his mother is ill-informed. if she had actually researched on this wonderful fanbase instead of overreacting, he would probably still be in his house, as he should be.

I'm going to be inclined to agree, I've never seen any evidence to back up these stories we saw early on of people actually being kicked out or badly injured because of being a brony.

Trust me, children are disowned and kicked out of their houses for more absurd reasons on a regular basis. Given the brony fandom's reputation for being pedophiles and/or general sexual deviants, this story is very believable.

The OP posted almost 40 responses in that discussion.  His posts were consistent and straightforward...not particularly dramatic or inflammatory, or otherwise showing the hallmarks of trolling.  Honestly, if the whole thing did happen, then it's not really accurate to say that it's about MLP.  It sounds like his mom would have found some other non-reason to do what she did.

• Brohoof 1

My heart goes out to the kid and if I could i'd give him a big hug. what the hell is wrong with parents...he could be out there selling drugs, shooting up schools, murdering people yet a colorful candy striped pony is the real offense.

Trust me, children are disowned and kicked out of their houses for more absurd reasons on a regular basis. Given the brony fandom's reputation for being pedophiles and/or general sexual deviants, this story is very believable.

The OP posted almost 40 responses in that discussion.  His posts were consistent and straightforward...not particularly dramatic or inflammatory, or otherwise showing the hallmarks of trolling.  Honestly, if the whole thing did happen, then it's not really accurate to say that it's about MLP.  It sounds like his mom would have found some other non-reason to do what she did.

I'd honestly have to agree with NLR that IF it is true there might be some other agenda on his Mom's part here, and she just use this as a excuse. I've found that tends to be the case when someone flips over something stupid, that wanted to rage on the person to begin with and just need SOME form of excuse, even a shitty one. 

I'd honestly have to agree with NLR that IF it is true there might be some other agenda on his Mom's part here, and she just use this as a excuse. I've found that tends to be the case when someone flips over something stupid, that wanted to rage on the person to begin with and just need SOME form of excuse, even a shitty one. 

She sounds like the kind of mother who woud kick him out if he were gay. I don't think it's a convenient excuse to get rid of him, I think she's just the overreacting type. MLP is the same kind of taboo subject that would drive people to do this kind of thing.

As someone who has gotten kicked out of their house on multiple occasions for utterly ridiculous reasons, I don't think it would be particularly out of the range of being true. Especially depends on the type of family, location, religion, etc...

I can tell you that the reason does not really matter. It was probably just the most on-hand and convenient thing for the parent to use as some sort of excuse for such an abusive behavior. 

Most of the times I've seen it happen to others, and the few times it has happened to me, it generally results from a lack of communication and understanding on the parents' part over a range of small issues that add up to a larger one, and then has sort of a "trigger" in a behavior that especially irks or offends them, kinda avalanching the frustration down upon the recipient's behind as they are kicked out of the door.

Not a fun experience, especially when you KNOW for a fact that whatever you "did" was not really anywhere near a coherent and comprehensive action, and more like a series of little things that they by themselves would not even be worth a warning, iced on top with a big heaping pile of fail-parent-logic that glue them together into a ball of punishment. 

Either way, regardless of whether this individual story is true or not, I'm sure it's happened somewhere, somehow, over MLP, and if not, it doesn't really matter, since it happens for a vast variety of reasons ranging from most benign to perfectly reasonable (violence, refusal to end drug abuse, etc.). (My own personal examples were a specific e-mail that I did not particularly want to send and a short car-trip that I could not go on because I was pre-occupied assisting someone else. Pretty dumb, huh?)

Sad statistical note: over 20% of homeless teenagers are homosexual, removed from their homes for that very reason in many cases.

... With all the time I've spent on Deviantart, this doesn't even surprise me. No less faith in humanity, no infuriation by stupidity any higher than I've seen in the past... I'm just hardened at this point.

... Doesn't keep me from calling his mother a moron who shouldn't even be allowed to raise a child, hating the fact people like her exist, etc.

I always considered the whole trope of "violence is perfectly okay, sex is an absolute no-no" with parents to be mostly just humorous. But this is pretty much it, taken to a ludicrous extreme. Absolutely not saying that bronies and sex are somehow directly linked, but a lot of people have that dumb misconception.

I guess in part it's tied in with that fear of homosexuality. I'm sadly considering it likely that this same scenario has likely happened for a parent finding out their child is gay.

• Brohoof 1

If they kicked him out for liking My Little Pony I have to ask a question. Do his parents really care for him? And about what he likes? Or they just wanted to raise a "perfect son" that they can show to others and hope everyone will be jelous of him? Do really some stereotypes mean for them more than their own son? I don't know what they should be ashamed of more. Kicking out their son for liking a cartoon or the fact that "some random people" around the internet that were supposed to be bad, sick, weird are helping him more than those so called "parents" do. I really hope things will get well for this guy soon. But to be honest- if his parents are overreacting like that it will probably be better if he will separate himself from them. I didn't and all this talking how worthless am I made me huge pessimist with no self esteem at all. It would be big shame if he'd start suffering from it as well. I'm sorry of my post is a bit "messed" but I just want to say some nasty words to those "parents" right now...