Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Tattoos

Copper_Cup

Hello!

Definately not! I'm against tattoo's in general... They don't come off that easily... I'd never get a pony tattoo to be honest... A shirt, fine, but just not a tattoo...

• Brohoof 1

Thought i would show you guys my Halo: Reach Tattoo, which i have never regretted and i still play the game to this day :)

OlO73Hk.png

I might go for an AJ cutiemark, as i am one of the few people that love AJ so much :)

CB

• Brohoof 2

Possibly. I really wouldn't care if my family makes fun of me. :P

I would totes get Vinyl's Cutie Mark on my forearm, or maybe Vinyl herself. wub.png 

something you need to think about with tattoos is how the coloring ages (as you age).  The more diverse the colors, the more mushy it will look as you get older. 

Color is also something to consider.  Pinks and reds, yellows, and any color akin to natural skin tones will fade quicker than unnatural colors such as blue and black.  Green can become a very unsightly color as it will give your skin a sickly look with age. 

Aging plays a great deal into getting the right tattoos in the best places on your body.  Anywhere where the bone is closest to the skin (shins, forearms, back, ankles, wrists, etc) will have the least stretch as your skin ages and starts to sag.  The stomach, thighs, breasts, and upper arms are not the most ideal places to get ad tattoo, because those places have the highest likelihood of distorting your tattoo.  Women need to be more aware of this than men do because of our anatomy (need I say more?). 

I just wanted to point this out to anyone wanting to get tattoos, especially pony related ones because of the vibrant an intricate colorings....Ya, it may look nice now, but wait 5-10-20 years....tattoos last a lifetime, and thus you need to think about that tattoo in the long term...

I have thought about it, it all depends whether I find a tattooist that could do one really well. Although, I have never gotten a tattoo before. I still believe it would be cool to have one, I was thinking about Derpy's cutie mark or Rainbow Dash cutie mark on my flank. Or just getting like a huge phoenix on my back or maybe a Derpy on the back. There are endless possibilities.

So, if I could find a tattooist that could do it.. I'd prefer female, since having someone draw on your flank might be weird. If all two, then I would go for it.

It would also have to be a high quality one, it is most likely that I would consider getting a Derpy cutie mark tattoo one day. Although, I doubt I will ever go for it. Maybe that phoenix, but not sure about my flank.

I highly doubt I'd get a tattoo regardless of what is on it. Im pretty afraid of needles so that is the main reason. As for a pony tattoo...I'll get old eventually and an old man with some bubbles or apples on his back or shoulder would just be weird and one hell of a story to tell his grandchildren. :l

That sounds really awesome, good luck to you on that, Do you intend to take your flight training into a career?

It's actually what I am majoring in in college at the moment. I'm going to be transferring to WMU to complete my training in my junior year. That's where I can learn aerobatics.

(I'm also debating whether I should join the Air Force. I still need to lose more weight to reach the limit for my height, but that's why I'm at the gym everyday LOL).

I highly doubt I'd get a tattoo regardless of what is on it. Im pretty afraid of needles so that is the main reason. As for a pony tattoo...I'll get old eventually and an old man with some bubbles or apples on his back or shoulder would just be weird and one hell of a story to tell his grandchildren. :l

I can totally understand that.  I am pretty scared of needles myself (They have to hold me down at the doctors to get blood drawn) and it took a great deal (I mean GREAT DEAL) of balls and encouragement when I got my first tattoo.  I was so scared I rescheduled my tattooing 4 times.  I really wanted the music note I got because of how deep my high school band experience was and knowing back then it changed my life.  When I finally got it done (with blaring music and friends by my side) I didn't think it was all that bad.  It did hurt ALOT by my knuckle bone (bony areas hurts the most) but it was almost....a prickly massage.  There are multiple needles going so fast, it does not feel like getting a shot or blood drawn at all, and depending on the size of tattoo, your body adjusts to the process and may go numb or start to feel good.  At first it hurts but it gets better.

I still dread and hate it all, but in the end, it always feels like its worth it, but then again, all my tattoos have very deep meanings to me and I really plan ahead (see my previous post on this topic).  I'm not trying to persuade you specifically into getting a tattoo; I am doing what I can to warn first timers and those that may really want one but are scared of the process since many may read this topic. 

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

@,

You mean drunk moments right? 

----

I don't think i would get a RD cutiemark there way to common, after searching on Google images it appears to be pretty damn obvious.

Yeah, basically that. XD

I mean, isn't that like 1/3 of how most tattoos are gotten from? XD  

That and either cause your a rockstar, or to look cool, either way.

While I do like the fandom and love the show and all, I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo of anything representing MLP. If I ever were to get something, it would be Rainbow Dash's cutie mark, but I highly doubt it. 

If I get a tattoo, it would be something that I hold very dear to myself, like a favorite song lyric or something. 

I'm not sure if I would get a tattoo of a pony. I mean, I've been into other fandoms before, and never gotten a tattoo for them. Of course, that might have something to do with not being eighteen for awhile as well as not having the funds. But like, fads come and go, and I wouldn't want to get a tattoo and then stop liking something. I have been considering getting my pony's Cutie Mark somewhere though, because it's only subtly connected to ponies.

AME6rLa.png

I don't think I will get a tattoo in general

I have nothing against tattooes, I like the designs and some of my family has tattooes so there is no problem there.

I just don't agree with tattooes on my body in general.

I've actually been thinking about getting one [or two or three ;) ]

I currently don't have any right now but I've been thinking about getting AJ's cutie mark on my left side and Luna's one my right side. It's been on my mind for awhile and I'll wait a while longer and see if I still like the idea.

What I would do, however, is get it in Henna first and if I like it after about a month, get it overdone in permanent.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe a Rainbow Dash cutie mark tattoo on my side, or by my navel :D 20% cooler tummy in 10 seconds flat.

Most likely not, but who knows. I've debated getting a piercing or tattoo some time, for a while now, and I can never make up my mind. I tend to be more pron to choose piercings, as they're impermanent, unlike tattoos, which, though 'can' be 'removed', is a painstaking process as they're made to be permanent.

Maybe a Rainbow Dash cutie mark tattoo on my side, or by my navel biggrin.png 20% cooler tummy in 10 seconds flat.

Most likely not, but who knows. I've debated getting a piercing or tattoo some time, for a while now, and I can never make up my mind. I tend to be more pron to choose piercings, as they're impermanent, unlike tattoos, which, though 'can' be 'removed', is a painstaking process as they're made to be permanent.

Ill have to agree with this..... Its much better just to get an MLP tongue ring, than a tattoo...... and far less expensive. I currently have AJs cutie mark as a ip ring.... looks great !!

I am against getting Tattooed, but I don't care if someone else gets a tattoo. So obviously, I wouldn't get a pony tattoo. I just don't like the idea of something on my skin permanently.

Honestly, probably not. The best I could do would be Nurse Redheart's cutie mark on my shoulder, since that'll actually be relevant to what I plan to do.

Personally, I'm pretty sure that I'd much rather get the Caduceus tattooed across the entirety of my back. A lot more symbolic for me, if you ask me. Still, that'd be A LOOOOOOOOOOT of ink...

Luckily, don't gotta decide that yet. It'll still be a few years before I'd let myself. Which gives some time for somepony with a Caduceus cutie mark to show up. smile.png

Eh probably not since I don't really want a tatto at all, I hate needles and such and would never live through getting one anyways, besides it's basically permenate anyways. I'm to young for my parents to let me anyways.

Nothing against them really though, just not me personally.

• Brohoof 1

r tattoo some time, for a while now, and I can never make up my mind. I tend to be more pron to choose piercings, as the

g

I'm not sure what it is about piercings that i don't like but i think it maybe partly because i have seen too many teens with their face full of metal and holes, it just doesn't appeal to me. and thats my opinion :)

CB

I would and have been considering getting one once I figure out what I would want exactly. It's farther down my list of tattoos to get but I do want one. I don't want a pony(cept maybe Vinyl) but I do want something related to the show. I mean I have anime tattoo so why not!

No. Tattoos are tacky and a waste of money. I stick to t-shirts, they're cheaper and much easier to remove.

And a pony tattoo isn't going to get you guys laid, I'm just saying. happy.png

Could get you laid... depends who you run into out there :P haha