Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Do you have any headcanons/theories?

Odyssey

His name is "Time Turner" and he's Mayor Mare's official timekeeper.

I know. I just enjoy getting under headcanoner's skin.

• Brohoof 1

First of all, when I hear "head canon," I think "filling in the missing gaps of the canonical world" and if something canon overturns one's head canon, they would change their head canon accordingly. Personally, I think there should also be a term called Head Fanon. It's when a fan makes up the way they see the world of the story in question, even if it goes completely against canon. Simply put, Head Canon changes by Canon; Head Fanon changes only by the fan with their personal HF.

Anyway, I don't really have much head canon to say as much as head fanon (Exs. of my Head Fanon: The Ponies are aware of us in the real live-action world; Equestria was nearly conquered by Disney Villains shortly before Season 4's Premiere; Disney fan human-turned pony frequently visits as a background pony during Season 4's first run). But the main head canon I can think of right now is: 

When Starswirl the Bearded first made that Unfinished spell and realized he couldn't get it right, he came to the conclusion that despite believeing this spell has a destiny to be complete, he realized he himself was not meant to "get it right" So, before he would move to Pony Heaven, he asked Celestia and Luna--who he considered as friend, though not the same way as Twilight would come to see her Mane 5 friends as--to keep the unfinished spell until they'd find somepony worthy of succeeding where he'd failed.

I've seen Wild Mass Guesses that say Starswirl was a selfish pony who wanted the power of an alicorn and would be the true big bad of the series, but I do NOT believe that. Instead of that, I believe that when Twilight completed the spell and became an alicorn, Starswirl was smiling down on Twilight from Heaven above. "Well done, young Twilight. You've surpassed me and made my final wish come true. I have no regrets!" is what I'd imagine he'd say.

So, until something in the t.v. show comes up that explicitly proves or disprove my head canon, it will stay like that. Like I've said, I can't really think of a lot of head canons that havn't already been said.

Edited by WiiGuy
  • Brohoof 2

My #1 head canon that I don't think too many others share is the idea that Celestia chose her immortality so that she may watch over Equestria and to help along the return of the Elements of Harmony.

I've seen Wild Mass Guesses that say Starswirl was a selfish pony who wanted the power of an alicorn and would be the true big bad of the series, but I do NOT believe that.

I don't believe it either, though I get the impression that he may have been misguided in some way. For whatever reason, most of his research seemed to be based off changing fate or one's self, such as that destiny spell, his research into time travel, or his transformation spells.

• Brohoof 2

I do have one.

As we all have seen, Fluttershy has been given a darker side a few times (Flutterhulk, Flutterbat, and Assertive Fluttershy)...... I'm thinking that she is harboring a darkness inside her that could break loose at any moment.

• Brohoof 1

My head canon? Only one so far... "Doctor Whooves" isn't even his name, and he's probably a damn historian. COME AT ME BRO!

Well of course it isn't his name. When he self-exiled himself from Gallifrey, he chose to abandon his real name and fully embrace his Doctor title in order to distance himself from the Time Lords and what they stood for.

As for the historian thing, I guess you could say that. But that's rather an unofficial term. In reality he makes his living as the local time keeper to the mayor/clockmaker, though he's hoping he can stop that once he finds a way to repair the TARDIS and get it back to his dimension.

Come at me, bro.

• Brohoof 1

My headcanon is about Spike and his screwed up non-traditional upbringing with ponies.

I believe that normally mother dragons teach their babies at a young age to have a VERY high standard when hoarding treasures. Gems and precious metals only! Ignore the rest! Those baby dragons are thus raised to focus their greed on just those items and nothing else. Assuming that gems and precious metals are relatively hard to obtain where dragons live, it must take YEARS for an individual dragon to stash enough gold coins and rubies to obtain the greed needed to fully grow up.

However Spike was taught by ponies who believe cherishing everything. He was not taught to discriminate between the material value of junk and treasure so when Spike's greediness took over, resulting in wanting to consume EVERYTHING in "Secret of My Excess".

I firmly believe because of this, Spike is a TICKING TIME BOMB. Once Spike realizes he will outlive every pony around him, he will go insane and start greedily collecting every ponies so he'll never be alone.

...so yeah that's my headcanon.

• Brohoof 3

My headcanon is about Spike and his screwed up non-traditional upbringing with ponies.

I believe that normally mother dragons teach their babies at a young age to have a VERY high standard when hoarding treasures. Gems and precious metals only! Ignore the rest! Those baby dragons are thus raised to focus their greed on just those items and nothing else. Assuming that gems and precious metals are relatively hard to obtain where dragons live, it must take YEARS for an individual dragon to stash enough gold coins and rubies to obtain the greed needed to fully grow up.

However Spike was taught by ponies who believe cherishing everything. He was not taught to discriminate between the material value of junk and treasure so when Spike's greediness took over, resulting in wanting to consume EVERYTHING in "Secret of My Excess".

I firmly believe because of this, Spike is a TICKING TIME BOMB. Once Spike realizes he will outlive every pony around him, he will go insane and start greedily collecting every ponies so he'll never be alone.

...so yeah that's my headcanon.

The darkest episode ever
  • Brohoof 8

Well luckily for you, the TV writers doesn't care about Spike enough to give him the epicness he deserves.

Eh, I don't think Spike deserves to become a monster anyhow. In fact, as I mentioned before, I can't imagine Spike going full dragon and living in some dank cave after all his friends are passed. Doesn't really fit his character and I find it a bit sad.

• Brohoof 1

Well of course it isn't his name. When he self-exiled himself from Gallifrey, he chose to abandon his real name and fully embrace his Doctor title in order to distance himself from the Time Lords and what they stood for.

As for the historian thing, I guess you could say that. But that's rather an unofficial term. In reality he makes his living as the local time keeper to the mayor/clockmaker, though he's hoping he can stop that once he finds a way to repair the TARDIS and get it back to his dimension.

Come at me, bro.

*serious face* he doesn't have a TARDIS! He's just a normal pony.

I WENT THERE!!!

BITCH PLEASE!!! NONE CAN MATCH MY THEORYCRAFTING ABOUT QC!!!

There i finally found it... most of my headcanon about the changelings. 

Okay i will start from the most irellevant thing ever. The holes... see i have noticed somewhere in the mlp database that the holes are a symbol of how "Incomplete" the changelings are. Meaning they are missing something. Judging by that i believe the holes in the are not there by design... therefore...

Changelings are not born with holes...

This means that the changelings actually get the holes sometime during their lives. How do you ask? I'll get to that soon enough... but first some explanations are in order about emotions and what they feed upon. I believe the concept of "love" is misunderstood. I believe love is another allegory for... "life"...

Now if we think that the holes of the changelings develop when they starve... it would be like something is eating them from inside out... like a disease or a magical ailment. I believe they suffer from a disease i like to call "Lov-e-lipsis" love+elipsis(which means lack aka lack of love). Now i am thinking... which other creature actually feeds of life? The demons of World of Warcraft came to mind... They too were searching for the life of the world the thing that made it move... magic. Emotions are like magic... emotions flow invisible in the sky forming links that connect us. The positive emotions glow in the sky like suns with bright positive colors offering energy to those around them, while the negative emotions are like black holes with grey dim colors dimming the aura of those around them and taking energy away from the others.

The description of Hasbro about the changelings says they are grotesque ponies... but still PONIES. Certainly it's not mentioned they are evil... therefore confirming my belief that they do not willingly feed upon love... or by choice... though it does give them strength. Now i believe that sometime during their history the changelings came in contact with demonic entities and got poisoned by their essence eventually devolving into demons, but they found a way to keep their free will although not curing themselves... They became parasites of emotions... and developed an isolationist society to avoid destroying the world due to their "curse". Thus the reason we haven't seen them much...

Another reason we haven't seen them a lot or their corpses in Canterlot is because i believe dead changelings continue to be afflicted by their disease... thus if dying in battle they would "rot" much quicker dissolving into pixie dust in the wind... When a changeling is about to die there are two results:Multiple organic failure and death dissolving into pixie dust... or something darker... Sometimes the changeling cannot take it... madness takes over. Then... the Devourer is born...
http://assasinmonkey.deviantart.com/art/The-Changeling-Behemoth-Returns-381243529
The changeling grows bigger, thinner, with much thicker muscular structure with only one word in it's mind... "FEED". It never stops, it doesn't end... not even for it's own people. It has lost it's soul and mind. The more it is connected to other changelings, the worse... that's why it must be killed immediately. A Devourer Queen could mean the end of the changeling race... something you wouldn't like at all... because once this would happen the changelings would run rampant like beasts you cannot imagine.

I believe the changelings posses a natural mental connection with their loved ones and families... the more skilled a changeling is in making such bonds and friendships the higher the rank it can achieve. I believe the crown is imperative to ruling the changelings... i have created a hole story about the crown having being imbued with the magic of an old Queen. They were living underground but ended up having to move due to earthquakes, volcanoes and such. The Queen who had the talent to speak to more changelings than anyone focused her magic and managed to contact all the changelings guiding them... the first Queen to achieve that. She died however not being able to handle the lot of it for such a long time... but her crown got imbued with her magic. Thus the next Queens or Kings had to actually prove by the standards of the crown that they could handle such a bond without losing their minds thus making sure that only the most capable of changelings rose the hierarchy. Making sure that only those who could guarantee the future of the changelings rose up to the challenge... no matter who they were... good or evil. This is mimicked in helmets of the generals and other items.

As for how they are born... i believe that they aren't really born all by the Queen. This would be really impossible for her. I believe that they have parents just like the ponies. I thought about incorporating both the egg element and the "carrying the baby" element. I believe that in the first staging of the baby growth it grows inside the changeling, but due to the lack of free will or consciousness of the individual it can't transform and the changeling mare transforming would mean that the changeling baby can't adjust in size thus killing the mare possibly. So while the female changeling is "pregnant" it can't transform... Some months later it is born in the form of the egg the outer of it being the placenta. I believe that they are placed in underground and rocky like environments like caved and underground areas where the surrounding placenta can take "roots" upon the ground and gather water, micro minerals, e.t.c. nourishment in general in order to grow. Why rocky grounds and stuff? Because their scales are made out of tougher stuff thus they needs to attain this.

I also believe that they have tried to adapt to pony society and have failed. I attribute this to a real life phenomenon called "Immersion" that occurs when you get too much into an experience that it becomes almost "real" for you. Combine that with the "Animorphs" (it's a cartoon/book where kids transform to animals for max 2 hours before staying in that form forever) logic that you can't transform to another creature for an infinite time and there you have it. There's also the phrase "Fake it till you make it." that really fits this.

I believe that the changelings can suffer from this condition depending on how long they are transformed and their mental prowess. In the end they actually believe they are who they depict losing themselves in their illusion...

I believe this is what happened after the Canterlot spell http://huussii.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Banished-324738218
http://huussii.deviantart.com/art/MLP-The-Unsung-End-362486615
They don't have as the comic suggests "Team Rocket" invulnerability.

As far as genetics go... i will quote a part of my fanfic linked in the description.

"Alianna follows them as they keep talking about it. She knows that all changelings' lives are greatly effected by their unique "evolutions" . Being the caretaker of the newborn she is one of many changelings that were studying their species' genetics. There is one gene in particular that was rather "tricky", and still baffled many of generations who studied it. It was called "The Protean Gene" and it had three possible forms it could take. During a changeling's life it would adapt, change, depending on the situation a changeling was put in. Each position it took on the genetic code allowed the changeling to excel at different sectors: Strength, Dexterity, Magic. Added to that an unique characteristic was given to the changeling by it. Jonaleth's muscular structure was one, the reinforced scales of Mortain were another, her affinity with healing and there were countless others possibilities she could not even fathom. They had more in common with the ponies than they thought. They might not have been looking for "Cutie Marks" their whole lives, but they too had a part of their lives when they looked for their own path, their place in society, their special ability."

Of course if you want i can analyse QC as well...

She knows there are humans that are open hearted, she was more surprised she fell in love with one... she admires their adaptability and versatility in living without magic. She still considers them a bit inferior for not possessing magic but she does like the spy kind. She learns quickly and doesn't underestimate.

She is prone however to impulses and is a total control freak. She hates being restricted and constricted and prefers to act herself rather than using a mediator. For that matter she appreciates initiative and freedom.

As for the ponies... she doesn't really care. She doesn't bear them malice... however anyone that stands in her way is in for a world of pain in her mind. When overcome by rage she is as savage and wild as an animal. Forget what you know about her being a Queen... but there is little you can do to anger her. Annoy her yes... but anger her... unlikely... She doesn't know you she doesn't care.

She isn't exactly humble but... she knows very well her own mistakes and weaknesses. She is not placing herself or her race as superior to anyone... in fact she rather hates being treated as an elite... because with being elite come expectations, and failing expectations of people she bears close to her heart is something she doesn't like doing. 

On that note... she takes responsibility for every of her actions. She won't deny any killings, any invasions, or lie about them... you won't see her claiming to be the "misunderstood little changeling" that everyone says in the ponydom. Rather if condemned to anything she won't ask for mercy... She will do so not only because she is a responsible person but also because she doesn't want others to take the blame for something she decided. She decided the invasion, she pays for it... not the ones that followed her... because they paid for it enough. 

"Goodness" is something she will toss aside to get what's necessary... It is a notion, that though she appreciates, considers simply put... "barrier" and a "limit". She has been called to toss it aside several times... and that makes enemies, but on the same note she can't make friends with anyone.

She simply doesn't bring her to concern herself with the ponies dying during her assaults. She does however consider their deaths a waste that could be used to fuel their hunger. She is sorry... but does not regret any of them lost. If posed in the same condition she would do the same and worse.

Being a Queen is something she bears with great honor and a high sense of duty to her mind. It is however extremely taxing, and she bears it knowing that she is most capable. She doesn't wish the burden to anyone else because she knows it comes with a high cost. Cicada has been one of the few to understand her plight and come so close to her. The rest however are not so far... she watches them all carefully. She doesn't argue or disagree with those that may be dissapointed, because she knows she can't do everything... she allows those who are angry or such to leave and always welcomes them back trying always to do her best not to fail them. She however despises with the utmost hate traitors and those who desecrate life... regardless of her own impressions made upon ponykind she is no tyrant. She often goes on walks visiting, caring, and helping those who are on the lowest of low. She teaches them, gives them little tips of wisdom.... as she most likely has done for Diliges and Cicada. She likes especially the young and always visits the hatcheries to watch them grow, that on one hand is because she wants to protect the most important part of her people... the future.

This is one of the reasons i would put her in an orphanage should there have been a story change. No matter what she never hurts helpless fillies and colts. It's one of the principles and orders she has given to her changelings during her rule.

She hides under the mask that imposes fear to her enemies to hide her own weakness... I already said... she feels like the fact she has ignored or lost contact with Kai'sa, the changeling Justus has captured, for so long is one of those reasons. The failure of Canterlot due to her own mistakes was one and the Ponyville incident was another. Should it happen a third time she will stoop at a lower level and call upon darker forces.

It's one of the reasons she cried for to David... she question if her own mercy upon the Alicorn of love and the rest was right... if she had killed them right that time none of this would have happened. She was glad to be confirmed by David that this was not the way...

Again as for the ponies i said she doesn't mind much what they will do. She will face the reality... what she does next is irrelevant.
img-2447195-1-BT04-045EN-C-500x500.jpg
She bears a respect for Princess Celestia and a little more for Princess Luna. She believes Celestia to be what she would be should things had been... different with her race. She does however consider her to be less competent than what she could have been if she hadn't set so many limitations to herself. She also considers that she should get more personal with her subjects more... and that she is in fault for not doing that. She believes strength is in numbers.

She considers Luna to be able to understand the pain of being disconnected or failing her subjects. She would welcome a conversation with both.

She bears an undying conviction to her cause that she will not abandon no matter what.

As far as Twilight Sparkle goes she doesn't consider her "worthy" of bearing the tittle of Princess when she isn't even able to control and lead her own 5 friends. Scratch that... she considers that she is a leader with no people to lead. That for her is something that's wrong... i mean... her potential is something that isn't tapped and she could do so much more for it yet is wasted. She laughs the fact that Twilight considers the magic of friendship higher than the notion of "family" and would certainly feel like Twilight isn't appreciating it so much.

As far as Rainbow Dash is considered she is just an annoying brat. A loyal annoying brat that she would like to "ground" with a high "punch" of reality. She acknowledges her skills but considers them reckless enough to be easily countered by the changeling's nature. She wouldn't mind teaching her a lesson anytime. She appreciates her initiative and her free will.

Applejack is one that understands the notion of family and for that she gives her the props for that and her appreciation of truth. Despite what others think she always lies from "perspective". Which means when transformed she will always say the truth the one she portrays believes... and she will never lie to anyone let alone her subjects. However she considers Applejack's stone-stance, meaning to believe in the same things and rarely question them, a mistake. She considers that if she wasn't so "adamant" at this she would most likely be much more versatile and likely better at her work.

As far as Rarity goes she appreciates her skill at bearing an etiquette and it is something she bears on official meetings appreciating style and all. She does however disapprove of her over-exaggerating attitude, a thing she would slap her in the face for doing in front of her. She believes she is wrong to not appreciate her family however different than her it might be and would indeed consider Sweetie Belle someone she should care more about... She believes that if Rarity was more calm she would indeed be capable if she could asses the situation without her dreamy delusions of reality.

As far as Fluttershy goes she feels her mercy and kindness are wasted on a different species. She doesn't have anything against that she just feels that is she appreciates animals so much she should appreciate and help her pony friends a bit more. She believes however that her overly kindness is something that hampers her true potential... whatever that may be...

As far as Pinkie Pie goes she considers her... unpredictable. She wishes she had her happy going attitude and is somewhat jealous of her carefree-ness. But then of course she remembers her subjects and denies herself any of that. In fact she would be in great need of a Pinkie Party if she was to go into one she would appreciate it. She would be accepting of it and she would be accepting of the happiness that went with it. She also deems her as one that should have a higher dose of reality and consciousness of her surroundings but also thinks she might strangely be aware and not know it. Regardless she amuses her for some reason she doesn't understand... but considers that at times she bears a mask much like her own... happy on the outside... sad on the inside. Same goes for Rainbow Dash... strong... but not daring to admit weakness.

All in all she believes in strength in numbers and the union of the changelings that believes superior to the simple one of friendship or at least higher than "on par".

You might think she would like to escape on her own just because she doesn't want others' help and because she's a "do-er" but in truth she is doing that not to endanger other's safety. That's why she's a do-er... she prefers to be the one who takes the risk, the blame, the chance... rather than being the one who sits down idly on her throne waiting for others to do her job for her. 

She'll definitely feel in debt for the ponies and the humans, and she surely will appreciate the effort they put... however what she will be sorry for everyone is the fact that they had to endanger their lives and safety for her own... It is unbecoming according to her... Also... she hates know-it-alls and smart-asses very much... 

Despite what you may think she is very open-minded... mostly because she believes that also means being versatile. The fact that she is even considering a truce is something you guys need to appreciate instead of saying "she's arrogant that's she's afraid of admitting weakness". Their little "problem" is the reason she hasn't considered making alliances with ANYONE. She fears that if even one of them slips and falls to the hunger that the beast resulting will tear apart those that trusted her... 

She said it herself... she wants peace... more than anything she's tired of fighting over, and over, and over... but she can't honestly guarantee that she can achieve that. She said that to Rarity at least in the dream... She doesn't want their population to become a problem to Equestrian society or any society for that matter. Because the changeling population after that will entirely depend on the population of the ponies and how much love they can freely give... and i have stated that love-sucking while not deadly is... taxing.

As the song of from silent hill goes "I need a miracle... and not someone's charity..." she doesn't want to beg... she wants to END THIS. To her ending the famine once and for all is the only solution she can find to co-existing with others. She is willing to "temporarily" disrupt her relationship with other nations in order to solve this.

This is to me... also one of the reasons she wanted to invade Canterlot. She knew they wouldn't get accepted just like that so she decided the only way to gain the knowledge of the capital of Ponydom was this. That or if that failed to provide any other options just search elsewhere and feed on the nation.

As far as Shining Armor goes she most definitely did not "rape" him. She is against it... she appreciates his devotion to the Equestrian flag but believes he should be more careful... The problem is he only looks for enemies outside... and not on the inside. She hopes he at least has learned from this and at least improved the security of Canterlot after the unfortunate incident. 

Her methods are swift, precise, and effective mostly... but there are times when she acts desperate...

As far as Cadence goes she sees another side of herself... another existence of her that followed the path of spreading love instead of taking it... she would be interested to see if her power could help her. She is... or was... a bit jealous of the bond she carried with Shining Armor and might have stolen a few kisses from him to taste it. Though as a Queen she has her subject... as a female she feels a bit... hollow... Without a mate close to her heart, without intimacy that she is missing she feels like there is a gap she needs to fill. However she has fallen victim of false lovers more times than she could count... some of them were even there solely to claim her power and the position she had. Perhaps if she is brave enough she will ask Cadence to help her on that matter.

However she absolutely despises the monument of their victory... she feels that the message of "love conquers all" is something false. "Love kills" is what she was taught that way... that and many changelings. Love is something you fight for... something you look upon in your soul and cherish it like a gem. Love though... hurts... and she will come to realise it soon enough. That monument however for her is a celebration of arrogance from ponykind for the death of many changelings. I am sure that she would surely protest to Celestia about it... and surely Request it be removed.

More than everything she believes in solidarity which is how she rules her own kingdom. Although most changelings would choose not to have holes, although many changelings aren't born with holes but develop them in time from hunger, she is one who had them because she gave herself for others. As a filly she had more food than anyone... she lived a good life... but she was always naive and selfless when it came to others being in danger. She would often let others feed upon her to escape starvation... or even give her own food. 

She is also a highly trained warrior one that can also be considered "elite". She expands her knowledge of the arcane greatly each day so as to not fall back and allow herself to grow weaker than those who would seek to overthrow her. For that matter this is one of the reasons she goes in the battle first. In Canterlot she didn't risk another changeling impersonating Cadence... she did it herself. You see... from what i understand now all the ponies are blaming her. She is in fact GLAD to take that blame, and even die for it if it means the changelings surviving. But back to her combat... she is one that focuses on disabling others and striking pressure points rather than hitting blindly. She could have also taken control of Celestia, or Luna but the thing is that taking out Cadence and controlling Shining Armor was the best choice... 

So... this happened... out of the blue. I could write a tome about her and not be done.

There... wall of text over. Opinions?

yeah, one that applejack's parents died protecting her, big mac and applebloom from timber wolves, and one explaining how twilight got smarty pants. my headcanon is shining armor bought, or better yet, made smarty pants before he went to guard training, so she could look at, and play with,her and always be reminded of her BBBFF! :D

-Equestria was already a civilization before the pony tribes migrated.

-In fighting between the 3 tribes started when the Crystal Empire disappeared.

-Changelings can walk on walls, turn invisible, and morph their limbs into weapons. They are also empathic, meaning they can sense the emotional states of those around them.

-The tree of harmony isn't Discord's opposite. It is the mediator between discord and another foe , the personification of order, who is attempting to take reality and trap it in a rigid, organized, stagnant existence.

-As ponies and other magical creatures in Equestria near death, int heir final days they are rejuvenated to a youthful state, before their bodies shut down and begin to petrify into stone. The garden in Canterlot with the statues wasn't a garden at all, but a final resting place for ponies.

-Conversely, this means that the EoH never purified discord. It killed him, then later restored him to life. The EoH are a weapon meant to end the lives of those who threaten the natural balance of Equestria.

-The Princesses aren't only immortal in the sense they possess eternal youth, but in that they cannot die. This would explain why NMM was sent to the moon, rather then be petrified. It also explains why she was never purified the first time around. The EoH are a weapon to maintain order, not to brainwash ponies into thinking benevolently.

-Ponies can only die natural deaths. They have extremely sturdy bodies and an aggressive healing factor. They still run from danger because they wish to avoid pain.

Have you ever had a theory based off something from the mlp universe? An idea on how come something is the way it is? I sure have. In fact a long time ago on this community forum I created a thread on the Shadowbolts where I discussed my theories on who they were. It was an interesting topic.

Anyway, I'm sure many of you have had theories based off something in the mlp universe. Even if it was just pure speculation. I'd like you to share those theories. It doesn't matter if they make sense or not, if they're canon or not, or if their pure speculation or not. Just share them. As for me I have a wild theory of my own I'd like to share.

-----------

Have you ever wondered why princess Celestia and princess Luna are still princesses? How come neither of them ever became queens? Since no humans exist in Equestria maybe the laws are different and the both of them could have become queens at some point. If that's not the case one of them should have been queen a long time ago but that never happened. In fact Equestria now has four princesses. Celestia, Luna, Twilight Sparkle, and Cadence. What the heck is up with that? Imagine if the United States had four vice presidents instead of one president. That's crazy stuff.

So since having four princesses seems a bit chaotic and having four queens would be insane there must be someone in power above Celestia and Luna, above all four princesses. But if this was true who's this faceless leader? Who's the pony that rules above the four princesses as queen but is never seen in the show?  

Lauren Faust! Yes, you read that correctly. I mean think about it. She's the all mighty creator of My Little Pony. She even has a pony version of herself. If you haven't seen it you either are still pretty new to mlp or you aren't a true brony. 

Here's a picture of Lauren Faust's Character:1363367067-faust.png

So that's my theory. The reason why Equestria only seems to have princesses is because the high ruler who's in charge of all Equestria queen Lauren Faust is not present and she has left the four princesses in charge of Equestria!

-----------

So yeah, that's my wild theory on that topic. Now it's your turn everyone. Post all of your wild theories on My Little Pony here. Remember, It doesn't matter if they make sense or not, if they're canon or not, or if they're based off pure speculation or not. Just share them!

• Brohoof 1

Hmm that's an interesting theory, we know there are kings because of Sombra, maybe King Sombra had a queen that was looking over the rest of Equestria, while he watched over the Crystal Empire. The queen then found out about what Sombra did and decided that having one ruler was too much power and gave the alicorns the title of Princess and made sure there was a division of power with checks and balances, one does day, one does night, one does the Crystal Empire. She then decided to travel the globe or something on diplomatic mission to the other realms.

• Brohoof 1

My crazy conspiracy theory latly about mlp is Princess Celestia and Luna died long ago and never moved on (people that played FFX know what i mean) and stay around to rule

• Brohoof 1

Well, I actually wrote a fan fic on it, involving Lauren Faust's OC, but as the "Queen" of Equestria, with 3 of her older Alicorn Guardians (I won't reveal names, but they have a resemblance to Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael).  Anyhow, I had a theory that, before Celestia and Luna's rule, Equestria was a dark planet.  Somewhat like the Dark Ages but in the B.C Era.  To make the long story short, war, tyranny, and conspiracy broke out, which in fact has strong resemblance to reality and historical events, so yeah.  I took MLP into a theory of dark origins.

BTW, since this involves MLP, I believe this thread belongs in SugarCube Corner.   

Edited by Prometheus
  • Brohoof 1

Considering that on Earth there are some monarchs who carry the title of "Prince" rather than "King" (Monaco comes to mind here) I think the choice of title is semantics. Celestia definitely seems to be the one in overall charge, if only by mutual agreement of the other three who are not as experienced. Interesting theory about Faust's OC, though.

My theory is on something else not adequately explained in the show: Why are only Celestia and Luna immune to aging? Meghan McCarthy said specifically Twilight would not outlive her friends even though she's an alicorn now, so what made Luna and Celestia special?

My guess: Discord. He probably enjoyed toying with them so much while they were trying to get close enough to him to find some sort of weakness about him that he made them an offer they foolishly didn't refuse: become immortal. Because they accepted willingly, that magic effect didn't disappear when Discord was defeated and turned to stone.

• Brohoof 1

The makers of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic were going to make Princess Celestia, Queen Celestia. In my opinion, Twilight shouldn't be a princess, three is enough anyways. Starswirl the Bearded made many more spells than Twilight could even THINK of. She made one spell which only she can understand. But I really wonder, why the mugs in the pony universe have handles like humans. I don't see it physically possible for them to BEND their hoofs. Back to Tia now. According to mlp.wikia:::Lauren Faust commented that Princess Celestia was originally supposed to be Queen Celestia, the highest authority, with no parents who outrank her. Her status was changed to "princess" at Hasbro's request.

So, that's why Sun Butt isn't a queen at the moment. 

I also wonder, why aren't there any male alicorns? Are they not worthy? There are princes and kings as PsychedelicPony stated. Persian Poetess (on youtube) has a whole video on this thing. You should check that out.