Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most awkward place you've fallen asleep at

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I fell asleep on a bus back in Grade 5. Nothing special about it, though a teacher had the brilliant idea to take a photo of it and have it on display at the end of year presentation. That was awkward enough itself.

(edited)

Let's see:

• I fall asleep in cars ALL the time.
  • I have fallen asleep on the school bus more than once.
  • I have fallen asleep standing up in hallways more than once. :blink:
  • I have almost fallen asleep in class a few times... Though I'm lucky it never really interfered with anything.
  • I doze off for a few seconds or sometimes even a few minutes on my boyfriend's chest.  It's so comfy... :wub: 
  • I take naps on the floor. Usually at least once a day... Sometimes two or three...

I don't think I'm narcoleptic, though I've been beginning to fall asleep in the middle of the day out of nowhere. It's a lot like what would be called a "sleep attack." :huh: Though it usually happens under somewhat specific circumstances. It's actually caused me to have to constantly explain to my boyfriend when I don't reply for an hour or so that I took a nap out of nowhere. I also remember telling him how weird it feels when you wake up from one of these. Seriously, it's strange...

Edited by ~Angel Dust~
  • Brohoof 1

I fell asleep half in the footwell and passenger seat of a car once when I was young and we were travelling back from holiday. I can never normally sleep in a car but I was so tired I'd somehow managed to curl up into a ball on the seat with my head hanging over the edge of the seat in the footwell and slept for about 2-3 hours.

Let's see now...

• Within the foundation of a partially constructed house
  • Within the confines of a cramped web infested attic
  • Behind the back of a sofa
  • On the toilet
  • During a power point presentation at one of my old jobs
  • Brohoof 1

I’ve fallen asleep when a group of my friends and I were watching TV.

I fell asleep at the movies once (not because of the movie but because of having absolutely no sleep all day).

And I have fallen asleep in the bath multiple times in the past.

Freshman year of high school in marching band, I fell asleep on one of my friends on the way back from the state finals football game. I was asleep leaning forward in my seat, and he said as some point I started leaning on him. By the time I woke up I was halfway in his lap. More than a little awkward.

I don't think I've ever stayed up so late that I ended up crashing anywhere. I'm rarely that driven or ambitous. 

However, I did sleep in a strange place by choice. 

School band trip. It was either to Cleveland or Boston.  I drew short straw, so all the beds got taken up. The floor didn't look particularly clean. My roommates were childish, annoying and immature, as teenagers tend to be. Somehow I got the idea to snag a spare comforter and go "Y'know what? Screw it. I'm sleping in the bath tub! Nobody disturb me!"

Lined the bath tub with the comforter. Put a pillow up on the rim. Slept fully clothed. And y'know what. It worked out okay. Was only woken up once briefly during. Though that ended up being, not because someone had to go thankfully, but because someone went in and took a picture. 

I was the talk of the trip and the school for a week or so. In a good way oddly enough. 

• 3 weeks later...

I fell asleep in my religion class so many times

It was because religion is boring af and that class was always on the last period of the day

The most awkward place I've fallen asleep at would have to be the movie theater. I remember there was a lot of dialogue and felt my eyes were becoming tired. It didn't help that the movie was playing at a late time. I also sometimes fall asleep in a chair near my computer. Whenever I'm watching video game videos, I sometimes feel tired that I curl up in my seat and fall asleep on accident.

• Brohoof 1

On the floor, my back propped up trying to watch a movie with my ex-girlfriend while badly sick with mono. I was SO SICK, literally the worst sickness like that I’ve ever had. It was so bad that I fell asleep sitting up on the floor multiple times while trying to watch a movie. I kept going in and out of consciousness until I decided it was best to just lay down lol.

It’s not a super weird place/way to sleep, but it was a really weird experience I’ve never gone through before :sealed:

Fell asleep at a house party a while back, slept in an arm chair with a glass of coke and vodka still in my hand. Woke up at around 5:30 AM to see a ton of people just sleeping on the floor, so I guess I just got lucky by shotgunning the chair. :proud: Of course I spilled the glass when I woke up, so I ended up walking home at 6:00 AM covered in coke stains with a hangover that could bring down a dragon. Overall, was a good night. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The weirdest I can think of was my parents' car when I was around ten... :please: I had stayed up all night, and they didn't let me sleep in the afternoon. My solution to this was to sleep in the car. They didn't realize I had gone there at first but found out a few minutes later and woke me up. Which didn't stop me from trying the same for a second time. :laugh: I did sleep for a couple of hours soon after this and didn't even remember my clever attempts from earlier after I woke up. :D

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 3