Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate that everyone seems to love?

Odyssey

1: GTA dear god make it stop each game gets duller and duller as they go on

2: Overused memes self explanatory

3: Watch me by silento annoying shut up shut up shut up

youre not cool 

not to mention my step bro would play this song non stop he would blare it

4: Playing online

not my cup of tea

• Brohoof 2

Frozen- everyone seemed to like it but I absolutely hated it.

Teen Titans Go!- seriously? do I really have to give a reason? 

Robot Chicken- I just dont find it entertaining at all

Bubble Gum- Just find it disgusting >.< 

Strawberries- ...ew 

Oh and the education system- it needs a few desperate changes 

Edited by Violet_S
  • Brohoof 3

-Major Youtubers (They keep on praising them like they are on a pedestal and no I'm not jealous. Just find amusing that they do that.) 

-When people troll other people trying to enjoy a game. (Seriously, its not entertaining. Too me is them being more of a coward in real life than on the internet.)

-E-Sports (Why would you make virtual game into a sport. How does this count and you are just relaxed.)

-Modern pop artists (Just that they  seem to hire anyone now a days.)

Edited by Master Necrodeus

Freemium Games - I hate the idea of strategically creating an arbirary amount of trys or time used to "intice" players to spend money to not make your game a hassle. I understand a free game doesnt make money but come on. Do I really have to wait an hour before I get to try again.

Twitter - Why do I want to limit my thoughts to just 140 characters. And who needs to know what im doing or thinking throughout the day. I doubt im that interesting when you know me.

Pikachu in anime - He breaks all the rules all the time somehow being able to one shot rock types and somehow being a match for nearly any other fully evolved pokemon. I acctaully got super tired of him within the first few episodes and never thought he needed to be there.

Bacon and Sausage - Okay...so I dont really hate either but its something about the grease or fat but I can only have one peice or even maybe half before I just cant eat anymore. For me they end up looking more appealing then they actually are.

Rick and Morty - I dont like Rick and I dont like Morty...sooo that kinda limits my interest in the show...

EarthBound and Undertale - I can groove to the quirkiness of the games but as games...Ive tried at least 3 times to start EarthBound and cant get through the first hour without finding no desire to continue playing

Ebay - Im too impatient to bid on something and be forced to wait days to find if I won or having to keep checking to see if I was out bid. Id rather just pay a little extra and get what I want

PewDiePie - I dont know him but hes young, popular and wealthy...so that automatically means hes a jerk :okiedokieloki:

Clubbing.

As in going to night clubs, not beating living things to death with a blunt weapon.

Let me clarify. I don't mind crowds, social situation, repetitive EDM (I actually listen to that on my own) or meeting new people, but clubbing is just... what?

I went to a club once to try it out with a couple of friends that were used to it, we entered in this huge room with music so loud I could barely hear anyone talking, someone (most likely staff) asked me if I wanted to take a picture with some attractive girl (which I didn't mind) and... well that was basically it. I spent roughly an hour squished in between people, barely hearing anything. I even went to the bathroom to find someone vomiting on the floor and someone trying to keep him conscious. I spent 30 more minutes between people I could not talk to and music played at ear-piercing volume with some dude spewing nonsense in a mic. I gathered my friends and got the heck out.

Actually, if someone here enjoys clubbing, can you tell me if I just went to a bad place or if it's  like that everywhere?

• Brohoof 1

Eating with my mouth closed. Seriously it's effort and my ASMR approves of my mouth noises. I still eat with it closed anyway to benefit others.

Someone giving up during an argument or debate. Some people see it as victory, I see it as boring, arguing and debating is fun to be honest.

Edited by Handsome Changeling

Going to the gym or doing many other physical activities voluntarily. I'm a lazy butt myself and really dislike gym classes too because I'm just not as agile as the others - which is indeed embarrassing at times.  :sunny:

(edited)

I've probably posted most of these, but since I'm too lazy to look: (Even though I'd prefer the word dislike in the topic, whatever. Makes it a lot easier to post.)

1. Power Ponies. A terribly structured episode where we see cheesy ripoffs of DC comics characters and bad characterization. Fight me (obvious joke).

2. Sandbox games, ESPECIALLY Grand Theft Auto (Though Big Smoke's order is pretty funny. What a fatso... I mean seriously, how much food is that?).

These games make me bored really fast. Like really fast. Less than 45 minutes and I'm so bored I move on to something else.

3. Exercising. Come on we all know it's overrated am I right?

4. The N64. I thought that the N64 had a pretty decent library, but the controllers were so uncomfortable to me... Plus, I feel like it wasn't a big jump from the SNES, really.

5. Iced drinks. Unless it was burning hot outside, why...? It makes it more watery and also makes it so there's less of what you're actually drinking... American logic *rolleyes*.

6. Talking to people. Trust me, it is not the best thing.

7. Modern Pop Music. Seriously, what is that junk...? It's not music that's for sure... Between Rap, Dubstep, and whatever "7 Years" is supposed to be... 

8. Frozen. Predictable plot, annoying characters, and some mediocre musical sections that give migraines (especially when sung out of tune...). Not pure gold to me....

9. Dancing. All it does is make my thighs cramp up and make me feel like the Awkward Penguin. It's not fun at all.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

-Black Ops 2 or 3 zombies

Don't get me wrong, the maps are still fun to play, but I feel it's gotten a bit ridiculous. It's no longer about survival, it's all about collecting stuff and completing an easter egg. I miss when that stuff was just something extra you could do. Now, it's pretty much required to complete if you wanna survive. Oh, and the story has also become beyond stupid with dragons and Cthulhu-looking monsters. 

I won't start an argument here. I have never ate meat in my entire life to be honest, but I think it is cruel, for survival it is fine, but not for surviving it isn't. I will leave it at that. 

Not to mention, that you can get a horrible parasitic worm from it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, I said "To be continued" in my last post here and now here are more things that I hate but everyone else seems to love.  I must warn that this will probably go more into the realm of ranting than my last post so you might want to get comfortable as we'll be here for a while.  With that said, some things on here I more dislike rather than outright hate.  With that said, let's continue.

XI.  Fluttercord.  Fluttershy has been my favorite Mane 6 character from the beginning and I even developed a crush on her.  With that said, that’s not why I dislike the shipping of Fluttershy with Discord.  I’m not “anti”-shipping her with anypony.  I’ve shipped her with Big Mac and Bulk Biceps in the past.  The problem that I have is that I believe that Fluttershy is too good for Discord.  Before you all start typing angry comments in response, I’m not saying that I hate Discord.  He’s definitely one of the more entertaining villains in the MLP-verse and he can even be enjoyable now that he’s been reformed.  With that said, I had a major problem with the fact that he just betrayed the entire pony race to Lord Tirek in the Season 4 Finale and even brought Fluttershy to tears in the process.  Additionally, I feel like the ponies were way too forgiving of him for what he did.  He betrayed all of them to Tirek, nearly dooming all of Equestria in the process and they all treat it like he spilled milk on their tablecloth or something.  If it were up to me, he would’ve had to work hard to get everypony’s trust back and I think that would’ve been a much more interesting route for the show to take, but what can you do?

XII.  iCarly.  Now I will admit that I watched this show somewhat in the past and got some enjoyment from it, but looking back I don’t think it was that good.  Don’t get me wrong it did have some enjoyable humor to it, but when I think back on certain episodes they have some pretty messed up morals.  One episode that comes to mind is the Fred episode where Freddie says on the show that he doesn’t find Fred to be all that hilarious.  The episode than continues with people hating on him just for having an opinion until they force him to have the same opinion as them.  This was the episode that tricked me into thinking that Fred genuinely was funny, but even then I was at least able to respect Freddie’s opinion.  Looking back on it now, though, I find myself siding with him more than ever.  And it’s not even that one episode.  There’s one episode where they make fun of homeschoolers, another where a character leads another one on into thinking he’s something he’s not before mocking her for not being able to catch on to it, and even one where a character is made fun of for the fact that he’s never kissed a girl before.  Say what you will about shows like Hannah Montana, but I can at least remember some positive morals from their episodes.  iCarly on the other hand I have no interest in watching ever again.

XIII.  AnimatedJames.  Let me just start off by saying that AnimatedJames has put out some enjoyable content like the MLP VS Sonic characters videos, Winter’s F***ed Up, and others, but most other videos I see involving him he comes off as kind of an a**hole and I’ve gotten tired of it.  YouTuber Vannamelon has even distanced herself from him and his “Real Pink Pony” video that she sang on because of how offensive/un-family friendly it was.

XIV.  Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty.  I doubt that many people really list Aurora as one of their favorite Disney princesses, but I just decided to put her here anyways.  Aurora was such a bland and forgettable character that she doesn’t get any dialogue in the entire second half of the movie.  In fact, the villain, Maleficent, gets more lines than she ever did.  Additionally, I never really found Aurora to be all that attractive either.  I never saw the live-action Maleficent movie that came out, but I’ve been curious to check with someone who’s seen both which version of Aurora they think is worse.  I might have to let you guys know later what I find out, but, for now, I will say this: Aurora has less of a personality than a cardboard box.

XV.  The Lion King.  This one I more dislike because of the fact that I find it to be rather overrated.  Scar’s not a particularly interesting villain after he’s killed Mufasa, there’s only like 2 good songs in the entire movie, and, as Doug Walker already pointed out in his Disneycember video on the movie, it has a completely botched up moral that I, looking back now, realize that I too fell victim to it.  With that being said, there are still some good things about it like the animation and just the sheer size and scope of it.  But in the end I’m not even sure if it would make my Top 10 list of favorite Disney movies

XVI.  Friendship is Witchcraft.  Tried watching one episode and I didn’t get it which is particularly strange when you take into account that I’ve enjoyed watching DragonBall Z Abridged but didn’t like this.  I just don’t get what the big fuss about it is.  I didn’t find it funny.  Let’s move on.

XVII.  Taylor Swift’s music post Speak Now.  It’s very hard for anyone to outright hate Taylor Swift because she’s just so down-to-Earth and likable.  With that said, I am not a fan of what she’s done musically after her Speak Now album.  This was the point in which she sold out big time, abandoning her country style that made everyone fall in love with her and instead putting out some of the most standard, boring, teenie-bopper, bubblegum pop blandness I’ve ever heard.  At the very least, I can think of 1 maybe even 2 songs she’s put out recently that I’ve somewhat enjoyed, but even then they’re just not as great as the music she put out in her earlier years.

XVIII.  Shrek.  Shrek is a movie that I’ve seen as particularly problematic because of the fact that it became such a big hit resulting in hundreds of cheap knock-off wannabes and the fact that it seemed to rip-off Aladdin in many respects.  Also, “Shrek is love, Shrek is life” certainly didn’t help either.

XIX.  Independence Day (the movie not the event).  This is one of those movies that I really don’t get why people liked it as much as they did.  The alien designs weren’t interesting, the characters were forgettable (for the most part.  Will Smith was entertaining), and the fact that the aliens were defeated by a computer virus was so stupid to me.  This is right up there with the aliens from Signs being defeated by water it’s that ridiculous.  When the sequel was coming out, I already knew it was going to be stupid and didn’t even bother going to see it.

XX.  Jessica Rabbit.  Why is it that so many people find this character attractive?  I’ve never seen what the big draw was towards her.  Her body is just too weird, overexaggerated, and kind of gross to me.  I’ve been of the mindset that she’s the kind of character that makes Anime females look subtle by comparison.

XXI.  Jerry/Lily Peet.  This is one of those people who really get me at my deepest core of anger.  I can’t even keep track of what gender this person is anymore and I don’t hate transgender people.  I’m very supportive of the LGBTQ community.  Peet was a person who I came across on YouTube where I saw a video discussing MLP villains from Nightmare Moon all the way up to The Dazzlings.  The video was O.K. so I decided to watch another one about Peet’s favorite Disney songs.  What I found was that Peet’s description of one of the entries (the song Savages from Pocahontas) was completely ripping off another YouTuber who I was a fan of.  It was literally copy and paste.  This was further illustrated when someone shared a video Peet made of the Top 10 Worst Episodes of MLP.  In said video, Peet started off by saying that the list was going to be much like The Nostalgia Critic’s list of the Top 11 Worst Avatar Episodes in that they didn’t view the MLP episodes as outright bad but just of lesser quality compared to other episodes.  What followed though was Peet entirely bashing every single entry on the list without listing anything positive about the episodes in question, unlike what The Nostalgia Critic did.  Peet then went on to bash Silly Filly Studios in another entry (F*** YOU!!!) and when they got to the #1 entry, they acted like it was obvious that the worst episode was Filli Vanilli (like how The Nostalgia Critic mentioned it was obvious that The Great Divide was the worst Avatar episode).  Unlike Avatar though, no.  It was not obvious.  I’ve had my own opinions on lesser episodes and Filli Vanilli doesn’t typically reach Top 5 if even Top 10.  Peet continued to pretty much bash Fluttershy in the episode for “forgetting her lessons in each episode” while completely ignoring Pinkie’s whole passive aggressive attitude that pushed Fluttershy into stressing out even more.  Peet is just someone who tries to leech off of the success of other, far better, YouTubers and I couldn’t give a rat’s a** about it.

XXII.  Minecraft.  A lot of people like this.  I don’t see why.  Next one.

XXIII.  Minions.  Much like what I said about Shrek previously, the minions from Despicable Me are yet another example of something becoming popular and inspiring countless cheap wannabes.  From the Humming Fish in the 2012 Lorax remake to the lemmings in Norm of the North, it is unbearable and the minions weren’t even that great to start out with.  Yeah they talk funny and are obsessed with bananas.  Big whoop.

XXIV.  Using the word "defiantly" instead of "definitely".  O.K.  This technically qualifies more as a pet peeve than something that I hate but people love.  Still, the fact that there are so many people doing this is f***ing obnoxious.  What really gets under my skin though is the level of complete ignorance that some of these people have.  Someone once used the word “defiantly” in place of “definitely” and I kindly tried to correct them by asking “Don’t you mean ‘definitely’?” to which they responded “There’s no difference”.  That was both painful and infuriating at the same time.  I have no idea where this started, but it needs to DIE sooner rather than later.

And last and definitely least…

XXV.  AniMat.  This… really pains me because AniMat was once a YouTube personality that I used to respect.  He was knowledgeable on animated movies, his Animation Lookbacks where he would go into the history of either famous animation studios or even styles of animation were very well researched, and he could often provide an interesting perspective on something that I might not have thought of before.  With that said, AniMat can’t seem to get past his own ego.  There were times in the past where I disagreed with him on certain animated movies like Hotel Transylvania or the Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs movies.  I don’t see them as like animated Ben-Hurs or Lawrence Of Arabias, but I found them to be passable and harmless enough to show to kids without messing them up unlike some other kid targeted movies (I’m looking at you Son of the Mask and the live action Crap in the Hat).  In the end, I was willing to respect his opinions on these movies.  Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to respect other people’s opinions.  In his video on the Top 5 Best and Worst Animated Movies of 2013, he listed Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 as the worst animated movie of 2013, having previously given it a rating of 2/10.  He then finished by saying that anyone who liked/supported this movie should, to paraphrase, “be ashamed of themselves and need to reconsider their own life”.  That was going way too far.  I later came across a comment that he made on the same video as a response to all the hate he was getting for that comment that went like this:

"All right guys, before you go on your bashing after watching this, let's have a little talk. What's been going on seems to be getting a bit out of hand here. I'll admit, I might have gone a little too far regarding what I said about the people who enjoyed Cloudy 2. My hatred to those movies got me on a little ranting and often we all don't think much when we rant. I still think the Cloudy movies are a disgrace to the name of animation, but I might have gone overboard to comment about the people outside of those who worked on the films. But I will say this, what I said to the Cloudy lovers might be bad, but it doesn't surpass the the overreactions from you people. I don't think you guys understand the hard work I've made in order to make these videos for you guys, especially this one. There were so many people who were so eager and so exited to see this that they couldn't wait. I decided to do you people a favour and DELAYED the Epic Mickey Files in order to get this out first. So after all the sacrifices to give you what you wanted, this is the thanks I get? People whining and complaining over a little stupid comment I made that completely overshadows not only the other 19 minutes of the video, but the hours I've put into making this. I've handled crap like this before like in my Hotel Transylvania or Monsters University review, but this is something that you guys are taking way too out of hand. Look, this video and my review is meant to express MY OPINION on these movies. Sometimes you may agree with what I say, sometimes you don't. That's fine, even with what I said, it won't stop people from having their own opinions over Cloudy 2 or any other film in this video. However, saying that I'm wrong, a bad person or a hypocrite or whatever about an opinion I have over a movie is just a terrible way of thinking. Really think about it for a moment... will you let a little comment that took one second to say (over a movie none the less) completely destroy your enjoyment over the rest of the video or all the other videos I've made? You got admit, that's pretty weak. Whatever you guys do afterwards, rather if you keep on following me or not, is completely up to you, but remember this, I may look stupid when I rant about a movie and often, stupid things will come out of my mouth, but it's not even half as stupid as someone who rants and says stupid things over one person's opinion of a movie."

What finally sealed it, though, was a comment that an unknown YouTuber made in reply that went like this before it was taken down:

"It wasn't your opinion, it was that you said, and I paraphrase, "Anyone who worked on/supported (ie liked) this movie, then they should be ashamed of themselves, and need to reconsider their life." Comments like these can rub people the wrong way, you were telling your subscribers "I don't like this movie, and you should too, or else, you're pathetic." I'm making it clear that it wasn't that you shouldn't have an opinion, it was you said people must have the same opinion as you on this movie, or they need to reconsider their own life. Now, I know you put a lot of hard work into your video, and I appreciate that, but with my assessments at school, I, at least, check with my teacher to see what I am writing to make sure it's up to standard. And even then, I'm happy to pass the assessment thanks to the help of my teacher, who helped checked beforehand before submitting it. You, on the other hand, didn't seem to either have a friend to check the video to make sure you didn't offend anyone, or, if you did, told them, even when they found that one line, that they are just complaining, nobody will notice. I tried to reach you on Facebook, explaining why I quit, you deleted the comment. I tried to reach to you on Deviantart, you blocked me. You may go ahead and say "It's pathetic that you guys are whining over that one comment that's my opinion, despite the fact that I'm disregarding yours, and my opinion is best, so kiss it", but it's even more pathetic when you don't fess up to your mistake, and chew out other people, claiming it's your opinion. Again, hard work, I know that, but look at Double Rainboom. A group of people put a lot of hard work into it, but reviewers all around the internet thrashed it for the content. People were excited for it, hyped for it, and it turned out to be a disappointment. Likewise, even though I respected your opinion, despite not agreeing with you, the line that I mentioned above pissed me off to no degree, and likely most others. And you're willing to say "Nobodies respecting my opinion! They SHOULD despite the fact that I told them they should follow mine or they should be ashamed of themselves for that." Bottom line AniMat. I'm sorry to say, but I've dealt with people like you before. The people who think they are better than others because they have a certain level of popularity on the Internet. I should've listened to the warning sign that you were one of them from the 'Walking With Dinosaurs' review, when you mocked him for asking about 'The Smurfs 2'. That one line in the video firmly cemented that, and that comment set it in for good. Go ahead. Reply that I'm pathetic for disagreeing with you all you want, how you delayed the Epic Mickey Files for this video, and how are you are allowed to have an opinion, it still won't change the fact that you are a generally disrespectful person for not allowing others to have an opinion themselves on that matter. I am sorry, but it is true. I'm honestly glad I unsubscribed. I am not willing to support a person who claims their opinion is law, and if you disagree with them you should be ashamed, but then complain about how he deserves to express his opinion himself. That, honestly, is hypocritical, you know it, but you are too scared to admit it. Now, if you need me, I'll search for other animated reviewers that actually respect others opinions, and don't go ranting about "But I worked hard on this video, don't hate it because I disrespected your opinion!" Goodbye."

One of my favorite Nostalgia Critic reviews was his review of the live action Grinch movie.  Aside from the fact that it was done entirely in rhyme (which is entertaining in its own right), it contained an important message about sharing your opinions on movies with others rather than forcing it upon them.  The Nostalgia Critic himself, Doug Walker, has a panel he usually does at conventions called “Movies Everyone Disagrees With You On” where he always makes clear that movies, like any form of art, is all subjective and there’s no real law or scientific formula that says what movies are good or bad.  AniMat clearly thinks his opinion is the final word and that everyone should have the same opinion as him.  Finally, something else that annoyed me to no end about him was the fact that he referred to the Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs movies as “the cancer of animation”.  First off, F*** YOU!!!  You don’t know jacks**t about cancer.  I’ve witnessed what cancer did to my grandma and the slow painful death she experienced.  Until you or someone you love experiences cancer, you have no right to use that term.  Second, I’ve seen animated movies that were even worse than the Cloudy movies (and even then the Cloudy movies aren’t godawful).  I’ve seen movies that make Cloudy seem like Citizen F***ing Kane by comparison.  Save words like that for actual bad movies like FoodFight or Norm of the North that deserve it.  And with that, I conclude my list of things I hate but everyone else loves.  Man do I need a drink.

Edited by FlutterGuy999

(edited)

Mobas (League of Legends, Dota 2, Heroes of the Storm, etc):

never found them fun. I gave them a chance multiple times and I really can't tell why people find this fun. I think it might be because I always played Age of Empires so this super micro strategic game seems very ridiculous compared to de macro managing of an RTS such as AoE, although they are very different videogames, but still, that's how it feels to me.

Drinks:

Any drink that is not water and fruit juice. I don't get wine, vodka, beer, or any kind of similar drink. I tried them and they always feel like acid I would use to assassinate someone like in a movie. They taste pretty horrible and burn my throat. I really fail to see the point in it, and I'm kinda mad on how "weird" you are in the eyes of everyone if you don't like any of these things. I honestly only drink water and apple juice from time to time.

The massification of the general media:

I know this is actually a relatively good thing, but sometimes I still miss the moments of my life where internet was merely a thing and we weren't always connected throuhg phones. It makes me feel anxious sometimes.

Instagram:

To be honest I never used it but it sounds too dumb for me. Why would you take a photo or record a video knowing that it will be deleted in hours? also I see everyone taking photos vertically because the app is not compatible with horizontal photos, which makes me kinda mad.

Manicures:

I just don't see the point. It doesn't look any prettier to me.

Dubstep:

shrug

Pokemon:

You capture animals against their will to use them to fight and make you win tournaments and money. I won't morally criticize the franchise because it's just a videogame/kids show but I can't not think about this and just makes me go wtf over it

Skyrim:

The game feels so vane. NPCs and quests feel so hollywoodish and cheesy, and with no depth at all. And the fight gameplay is just bad.

Fanatically loving a sport team:

Here in Argentina, one of the first things most people want to know about you as soon as they know you is what football/soccer team do you support. Some ask that before your age or your name, I am not kidding, and people go crazy over it. I don't hate the sport, but this whole thing always made me feel so off.

Formal dress events: I don't see the fun in getting all dressed up and coating your face in a pile of products just to waste a few hours standing around awkwardly and hoping that someone will ask you to dance. Yeah, sounds like a hoot.

Shopping: Walking around and squealing over something you saw in the window that's 25% off is fine for some but I've got better things I could spend my day doing.

Daft Punk. Everyone seems to love them, but their music annoys me and I don't like it to be honest.

Edited by Ando333
  • Brohoof 1