Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just curious.. Why do you/ Don't you post in the welcome forums?

Zygen

well for me it because i don't meet new members there, i'll notice them on another thread or on a status and i'll welcome them there and then with my usual 'throws confetti Welcome!! throws confetti', which i think is better then when people just post the same vid.

there's no motivation to post in the welcoming plaza when you can welcome new members anywhere i'm not rely gonna feel bad about it if i say welcome when i first encounter them and i'll shoot them a PM.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I'm terrible with introductions. I used to do it just so I could try it out but I felt like I was saying the same things too much. I did it simply to welcome new members and answer any questions they have. :comeatus:

• Brohoof 2

I used to post there because it was an easy way to increase post count.

Then I realized that I started posting there because I actually enjoyed welcoming people.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy meeting new people! Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), new people come in droves every day. I wanted to welcome and meet every new person, but it soon started become an uphill battle that i found myself losing.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to post in the Welcoming Plaza all the time, but now my posts in that section ceased. I guess I'm too lazy to really post there, plus I don't like how the posts aren't counted.

Edited by MissPurpleBookworm
  • Brohoof 1

Oh.  Right.  There's a Welcoming Plaza. xD

New WP topics don't pop up in the "recently discussed" box, and it wouldn't up my post count were I to post in any of them anyway.  Though perhaps I'll start welcoming newcomers and attempt to gently steer them towards the RDFC. x3  Though I'm not sure mine is one of the first faces new members want to see.

"Wow, this guy likes Rainbow Dash.  Really likes Rainbow Dash.  REALLY likes Rainbow Dash.  Like...  More-than-likes Rainbow Dash..."

Welcome.

• Brohoof 1

I used to all the time actually but eventually I just got out of habit. :P I very rarely will welcome someone if I happen to cross over it. But yeah like others said it doesn't appear in most recent topics and nor are those threads focused on a topic to discuss like this one. There's a few people that sort of have the welcome topic covered, too. I'm also lazy. x3

• Brohoof 1

I don't post there because other people have silly and funny photos to make their posts interesting.

I wish to do that, so I had someone make me a vector of my ponysona saying either "Hello!" or "Welcome!", but until I get that, I don't think I will be posting there.

• Brohoof 1

I do it to try and contribute to the fandom as i can't: sing, draw, write, seriously critique, etc. So i do it to try and make people feel welcome and comftable, like i did when i first joined, and to contribute to the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Numerous, numerous people have said that one of the reasons they initially decided to stay on the forum and give it a chance to grow on them, was because of all the replies that flooded their intro topic that made them feel very welcome :P So, it does actually have a big impact on people. It doesn't on everyone, but it does with people who let it.

Indeed, i never feel a so warm welcome in my life like on this forum. During my first 2 weeks here, i welcomed everypony in exchange to that beatiful experience to make sure they feel accepted, but due to completely lack of time (work overflow) i wasn't unable to think and/or replay to new ponie's topics. I was thinking restart replaying but maybe in a more relaxing way, as much as i can. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I do it as often as possible because I know how welcoming it felt for me when I was welcomed. I don't get to everyone sometimes but I try to welcome as many as possible in hoping they will find it like home here  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I really need to post in WP more. I've posted in there a fair amount but I'm honestly too distracted with other things going on around the forum to remember to post there as much as I should.

Posting there is extremely important. Giving new members a warm welcome and showing them how friendly this community is is the right thing to do.

• Brohoof 1

I post on the welcoming forums to welcome new members ^^. I just want them to feel happiness and joy. I want to express how friendly this site is and be ready to offer any help :)

• Brohoof 1