Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else not like alcohol?

SolidTwilight

238 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like to drink alcohol

• I like to drink all the time!
    • I like to drink some times.
    • I only drink when every one else is also.
    • I don't really but do sometimes.
    • I don't like to at all
    • Don't know, never tried it.

Well first of all, not all beverages are create equal, so cheap stuff is pretty much certain to not taste as good. I like beer in general (lighter for sipping on a hot day, darker with food) and red wine with a nice meal, but I don't like the taste of hard alcohol unless it's mixed with something (vodka is great with sprite because it makes it not overwhelmingly sweet, whiskey does the same for root beer floats).

In public I won't get more than mildly buzzed; I like to have my wits about me, but alone at home I'll go a little further, especially if it's been one of those days. I like the feeling of being slightly drunk, but I have been shitfaced, and even though I don't get hungover, it's still not worth it.

(edited)

Like many I didn't really see the appeal on taste alone, but after a several social events and Holidays with family it grew on me. If you had said a few years ago that I'd find beer refreshing, or heaven forbid enjoy one with my dinner I'd have scoffed but I guess I acquired a taste for it at some point.

Oddly enough the craziest drinking stories I have are from Las Pegasus Unicon (okay, Vegas, not too odd I suppose), and boy do the 'Celestia Radio' guys sure know how to drink! It was kind of a blur, what-with the MLP drinking game and all (seriously, every time a unicorn uses magic? do they want us to die?) but at one point I remember being blockaded in the bathroom by a mattress someone propped-up against the door; turns out they wanted to sleep on the floor and it was in the way. Go figure. Same convention, different day there was this big penthouse party and I got so drunk that Andy Price and I talked about the intricacies of larping for an hour. I had never larped in my life.

So...no, I guess I like alcohol. In moderation, of course.

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Ok so I clicked on I like to drink all the time above but I need to clarify this for a second. I love alcohol and sometimes I have no idea when to stop drinking when I am bit that's a story for another thread. But I hardly ever drink when I am on my own. Most of the time I will only drink when I am with friends but now and again I will drink a bottle of wine (or three) on my own. I love the flavour of alcohol but I dont really see the need for it. I have even gone out to night clubs without drinking anything other than about 4 monsters before hand.

I also need to add that I don't like beer or anything of that type of drink, I only ever drink wine and spirits and about a bottle of champagne a week. I like the expensive and strong stuff.

Edited by lightning-spark

(edited)

Well, it's not like I'm old enough yet, but I might as well come in here and say: No. I haven't and won't try it. An addiction kind of runs in the family unfortunately so even if it tastes bad I just don't want to risk it.

Edited by Felix

I'm 18 which means I'm old enough drink here in England, but it's not something I've ever been interested in. My only experience with alcohol is having half a glass of champagne at my friend's 18th birthday, and I felt like I was going to throw up. :eww:

It's not like I'm old enough to drink, but I have drank before, I don't like the taste of most alcohol so odds are I won't drink an average amount in the future, if at all.

(edited)

I drink it a couple times a month.
I'm only allowed to drink when my parents are around, and even then, it's not very much, like one beer.
Sometimes I'll have a little more, like whiskey or something (usually mixed) or wine.

To be honest, it's an acquired taste, and not all types taste good. You have to find the one you think is the best.
'Course, drinking just to get drunk is a stupid idea, and just a waste.
Unless you have a damn good reason, I'd just stick to light drinking. 

EDIT: Oops, I forgot this was about the taste.
To be honest, I kinda like some of the things I've tried, and I've kinda come to like some brands of beer.

Edited by Gunnery Sgt. Dusty

I'm underage, so I've never actually drunk before. I've had sips, and alcohol from my first impression of it tastes god awful.

Who knows? I might like it once I'm older. I really should travel to Europe. I'm old enough to drink there, after all.  :comeatus:

I love to drink, especially on the weekends and during sports events and such. I do tend to go really crazy with it, even on holidays. But when it comes to driving, I always drink in moderation. Maybe 1 is fine, but that's it. 

(edited)

I never say no to a good cocktail when someone offers to me, my favorites are Bloody Mary, Piña Colada, Mojito and Strawberry Margarita, with an honorific mention to Michelada.

However I hate the taste of most liquors like whisky, wine and even beer, I never understood how can others distinguish tastes in these, for me all of them taste the same, and they're not pleasant to me.

Edited by RainbowMau

Y'ever taste medical-grade rubbing alcohol? Because that's what every single alcoholic beverage I've ever tasted has tasted like. Beer, vodka, rum, you name it. It tastes exactly like that.

Noting that, I see absolutely no appeal whatsoever. Furthermore, I don't understand how anyone can actually enjoy it. I 'spose different strokes for different blokes, but I personally don't see the logic there.

• 1 month later...

Not really into drinking honestly... I can enjoy a couple glasses but not where I am wasted drunk. 

I've only found some drinks I do like being that of Angry Orchard, Redds, and Stella but other wise if I do drink only a couple just to get a buzz. Never been drunk and never really want to be either.

All the alcohol I've tasted has been horrible. I suppose there must be something out there that appeals to me though. Otherwise, I guess I'll be a teetotaler.

I like to drink the ''sweet'' kind of alcohol. Radler, cider, safari/cola, things like that. Sometimes I can also enjoy gin and vodka.

for the people that want to know, the alcohol law in Holland is at 16 years. At least, it was last year, but now they raised it to 18. My parents still don't mind if I drink something once in a while though :)

Edited by ponytheorist

Eh...I've drank before, but I don't really like the taste all that much. I normally just do it because my parents or sister is doing it, ya know to bond and hang out with them.

I can handle jäger bombs, daiquiris, and some of the fruiter ones. Mikes Hard Lemonade is okay I guess, but it hurts my stomach if I drink more than a couple bottles.

The things I can't stand...well beer for one. Friggin nasty. I tried Corona, just ew. I tried bud light, again how disgusting. I also didn't like Angry Orchard, but cider isn't really all that good to me anyways.

I don't really think I'll touch any alcohol for a while though, considering how awful I felt a couple days ago. Played beer pong and let's just say the next day I basically had my head in the toilet the majority of the time. -_-

I had to go with the "Don't know, never tried it" option, since I'm not old enough to drink and won't be for another few years. That being said, I can't stand the smell of alcohol (especially beer :eww:) but I'll probably try it once I'm old enough just to know what it tastes like.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

I drink alcohol probably once every 2 months but thats because I go to a party or one of my buddies wants a bunch of us to meet up and drink. 

For me its fun but It's not for everyone.

Edited by Rainbow Hash

I havn't tried it, except for 2 itty bitty tastes. LIke my Grandma forced me both times to drink it. Once it was beer and I didn't like it. But she forced me to drink a little wine and I did like it, not even gonna lie about that. Course i was offered some wine last New Years by my Aunt and I turned it down. Not sure if it would taste the same as last time. 

(Don't know if we can consider cider as an alcohol)

I only drink alcohol during parties and events. I like red wine, but that's all.

Edited by Blobulle