Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever call somebody by their Last name?

Invincible

Like, on a regular basis. I don't like doing it because it feels sort of alienating, but sometimes i get roped in to it without even realizing. This one time i met the father of some guy who i only called to by his last name. I was like "Oh, you're [LAST NAME]'s dad?"

I immediately felt stupid.

• Brohoof 2

It depends on what they prefer,ive had friends not want me to use their last name to friends who dint want me to us their actual name at all lol

I actually prefer people to call me by my last name,i don't like my 1st name and i don't speak it.  :fiery:

(edited)

Everybody calls my siblings and I by our last name like 90% of the time. It get's confusing when we're in a group and sombody shouts at us. I do call my friends by their last names when I want their attention right then and there. People respond to last names really quickly.

Edit: I do also call my friend Dustin by his middle name Drake. Seriously how do you get a middle name that awesome and a first name so average?!?!

Edited by Biznis Kitty

I say last names all the time. In the military, that's how you address someone's name. Even before then, I'd usually just say a last name

This right here. I was in the Australian Army for almost a year before I got injured. Everyone in my recruit training platoon was addessed by their last name. We only got on first name basis after training.
  • Brohoof 1

Really? So you rather me call you Scum rather than Candy?  >_>

sorry couldn't resist,don't grudge me please :blush: 

no i wouldn't, because it's all one word  :P

pretty much everyone in my class calls me by my last name, and it's always been like that. It was the same for my brother when he was in high school. and I've called almost everyone in my class by there first name at least once. I don't know why.

I don't call anyone by their last name. However, my AFJROTC sergeant referred to me using my last name.

Kind of related:  I think it would funny and cool if once in awhile, just to mix things up, one of the ponies addressed Twilight simply as "Sparkle."  Of all of them, I could see RD doing this the most.  Every so often, RD should just greet Twi by saying, "What up, Sparkle?"

• Brohoof 2

Never really called anyone by their last name, though a lot I'd call by their nicknames. 

Humorously enough for me, I've always been called by my last name, due to it being the same as a somewhat popular bakery chain in the UK...

I did in highschool. Mainly because there was a lot of people with the same first name, so we used a lot of surnames.

But now.. nope. Don't find much use in doing so.

Yes and no I suppose, since I have to mates with the same name we all one of them by their last name since it has a good ring to it, but the reason why its kinda a no is that we also use his last name is a nickname as well.

I call one of my friends by his last name cause we have always done that. I was also called by my last name true school and it was fine it felt wierd when they used my first name haha