Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever call somebody by their Last name?

Invincible

Yeah one of my friends gets called by his last name all the time. So we just say or yell Pelkey so he knows its him. 

Not yet. I know some people call me by my last name... which is weird because my name sounds weird and isn't one you would think people would say. 

Fairly common for teachers to call us by our last names in college and it's rather contagious. If you don't interact with some students very much, their last names end up being all you remember and given I'm kind of a recluse... yeah.

I have poor memory and so I often only remember like hey [insert last name here] then I walk away because I know they'l feel insulted

In my old school it was the norm to address each other by last name, so there I did it a lot. Nowadays, I sometimes do it in the fencing world. There were two guys with the same first name at one point so I took to calling them by their last names in conversation with other people, and that kind of stuck even though one of them quit. I often do use last names when describing world class fencers because the last names are usually more familiar to people.

Only my dad's girlfriend. Her and my one of my aunts share the same first name so I refer to my aunt as her first name and my dad's girlfriend as her last name. Also because I don't like her very much anyways. :P

• Brohoof 1

I do, if I am being as polite as I can be I be formal and use the persons second name when I address them or talk to them, for example my employer I call Mr. Munro and not his first name because it's polite and formal.

Also because I don't like her very much anyways. :P

LOL that's exactly the thing that came to my mind. For some reason it seems oddly satisfying to call someone you don't like by their last name.

We'll probably have to call each other by our last names, when I join the military - so yeah.

I have a friend who everyone calls by his last name :) .

When i'm trying to get someone's attention i'll shout their last name at them, but apart from that no

I had a friend who would do that when a teacher left the room, whoever she yelled it at usually jumped.  :lol:

• 2 years later...

There were something like 14 lachlans in my grade at school so all the teachers and students opted to use their last names to tell them apart, even when out of school I'd still refer to them by their last name.