Do you like thunderstorms?

NightOwl

Do you like thunderstorms ?  

151 users have voted

1. 1. Thunderstorms, do you like them

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I love thunderstorms. When I used to live in the Midwest we used to have them all the time and I hated them because they always heralded the electricity going out for hours at a time. But now that I live in the west and have a dependable power grid, I love them. It's so cozy having all that booming and crackling going on outside while I'm snug and warm in my apartment. And the lightning can be really beautiful to look at. 

• Brohoof 2

...as long as I don't have to fly in/near them, I love a good storm.

Beautiful to watch, especially at night from the air.

Coolest thing I've seen with a storm (so far) was an intracloud bolt that arced over the top of a storm cell.

Could consider it as a lightning "rainbow" or a lightning "bridge" :)

My aircraft has been struck once that I know of and it entered the airframe through one of the rivets above my window (damn big flash and a bang - made me jump :) and then it exited through a wingtip (aircraft was fine apart from the scorch marks)

Edited by Dawnchaser

I love thunderstorms, but only when they are not overly severe. The really intense stuff, especially winds, can cause so much damage. If it is more of a traditional storm though, it is bliss. The sound of thunder, the lightning going on outside, the sound of rain hitting the roof, all while being inside is a great feeling. Another thing I love is going on a walk around town and seeing storm clouds off in the distance heading in my direction. There's just something about it that I really enjoy. Can't quite explain it.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I usually do unless it strikes a powerline and cuts off the power, or happens late at night, as nocturnal thunderstorms keep me up. The lightning is fun to watch though :derp:

Yes, I do like thunderstorms. I just like the feeling of it raining and watching the rain hit the ground.

(edited)

I don't really like them. They may look kind of cool, but they're terrifying... :( Seriously, I get anxious about it taking out my electronics. My brother's Xbox fried after the house got struck by a lightning. :wau:

Edited by Dustlicious :P

Just had to take cover from a tornado warning and the funnel went right over my house. Lovely. Thunderstorms are no fun at all, and I'm just glad that there wasn't an actual tornado... But I've had enough of this for a lifetime (it has happened many times before).

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It depends. They have a lovely sound and there are some lovely soundscapes on them. At the same time it can be scary to see and hear the thunder and lightining while u trying to sleep. Or when ur outside.